Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Comments & Questions   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 4/19/18 by AEGram; 71658 views.
AEGram

4/20/18

TJ ...... Relative to Trina, DQs, cost of the game ....

1. Desertdruid is very correct -- so far Trina requests have maxed at 300 wheels, 200 shards, 20 postcards, 50 scenes, and 20 ZZs 

2. It is also correct that the cost of the game generally increases with the leveling up .... the 70's are some of the most expensive. Level 77 is by far the most expensive level (coming in at a cost of 193,200 coins if you had to craft as well as open every item/place). In addition to the Strategy Guide that lists the level cost at the end of the level, there is a Total Game Cost thread that has already been copied to this location. It JUST lists the coin and stamp cost for each level. Using it, you can plan ahead.

3. Regarding the airship .... as you advance with each level, the number of wheels that the airship gives you increases. (It will be a range, not always the same amount. At current max level, I have gotten some for as little as 252 wheels and as high as 375 wheels. And I think that the 375 was the highest anyone reported.

The wheels are directly related to the number of crates you will be asked to pack. You get 3 wheels for EACH item you put in a crate ...... so, my 375 wheel airship asked for a total of 125 items .... there are 3 crates, so that airship actually asked for about 41.66 items in each crate. (it was probably something like 45, 48, and 32 --- or some similar combination. I don't recall if ever a crate asked for 50 items, but certainly NOT 200 items in one crate .... not even in total.

(continued)

In reply toRe: msg 14
AEGram

4/20/18

While it is true that there are more HOSs opened at the higher levels, there are still only a certain number you can do in 1 hour. Sometime back, I figured that (for my game) I would need to do at least 2 full rounds in the game between airship sendings to not run out or low of any of the items. (There are 105 HOSs currently available, so I would need to do 210 HOSs after I sent an airship to recoup the loss of items. Since I can only do about 60 HOSs in an hour, it would take me about 3.5 hours.)  ..... THIS is what there was so much hullabaloo about the unfairness of the increasing number of wheels as you level up.  .... There are only so many hours in a day ... eventually, we will need to play all day just for one sending.

As a result, many of us are considering no longer leveling up until we complete the DQ achievements.

TJ (StarBlazes)

4/20/18

Thanks AEGram, that's a lot of helpful info ;-)

SharpEye1

4/21/18

The wheels are directly related to the number of crates you will be asked to pack. You get 3 wheels for EACH item you put in a crate ...... so, my 375 wheel airship asked for a total of 125 items .... there are 3 crates, so that airship actually asked for about 41.66 items in each crate. (it was probably something like 45, 48, and 32 --- or some similar combination. I don't recall if ever a crate asked for 50 items, but certainly NOT 200 items in one crate .... not even in total

Oops!  My bad......I think I was confusing my wheels and items! Here's a pic to show you what AEGram is talking about.

PTG (anotherPTG)

4/21/18

The Problem is A.e.gram (sorry, but this abbreviation is ingrained in my brain!) that most of the DQs require at least ONE airship drop and you CANNOT pick and choose which DQ you do

Misery heaped on misery as your statistics/figures are all only too correctdisappointed_relieveddisappointed_relieved

AEGram

4/21/18

It is SOOOO true that many of the DQs require airship sending .... some even have 2 sendings required.

Just to give others a perspective .... when Winter Event concluded, I had quite a stash of each airship item in inventory ..... Winter event concluded mid-January .... Spring started a little over 2 months later. 

I didn't even concentrate on Daily Quests (although I tried to do many of them) ..... in other words, I did not use Amulets to move things along to get more in. By time the Spring Event started, I had used about 600 of EACH of the airship items ..... that is nearly 3600 items!!!!!

Once again, I am building airship items during this event (well...... I WAS until I started spending most of my day copying things over......sigh, sigh, MEGAsigh) ......and I will have quite the airship inventory when it concludes .....but it will be a little over 5 months until Fall starts and we currently have NO Fall room...... my airship inventory will be seriously depleted by time Winter Event comes around.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/21/18

AEGram said:

NO! We have absolutely no idea when will be the next update! 

I could actually put that on the Welcome Page - or Just up below the header!

PTG (anotherPTG)

4/21/18

That would save hundreds of duplicate messages and queries.

That s  if people READ the Welcome page!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

4/21/18

I should have put "Midnight Castle - We DON'T know when the New Update is!" as an option for the "Name the Forum" Poll!