Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Comments & Questions   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 4/19/18 by AEGram; 30499 views.
Susanna502MC

7/9/18

If this question has been answered elsewhere I hope someone will give me the link. I finally made it to level 69 and have all the Side Quests open. I have been working on them and wonder if it makes any difference if I get all the Destiny Keys I need first or if I should use the keys as soon as I have enough to get the Keys of Fate and open the chest. And then go back and collect more Destiny Keys (repeat).

Thanks for all the help and advice I have gotten in the past. So glad you have been so dedicated in moving info from the old site to here.

chilpep

7/9/18

Hi Susanna

Not sure if this will help you, but found it in the Guide.  Start at Message 158.

Susanna502MC

7/9/18

Thanks Chil - I had read that section, but it doesn't specify if there is any advantage to getting all the keys before opening the chest. It does say you need at least 200 - 50 for each time you open the chest. It probably doesn't make any difference, but I thought someone might know.

AEGram

7/9/18

IF you are still leveling up......you will be asked to craft the Keys of Fate 3x for the game.....

once in Level 69 to open the Ghostly Chest and get the Portal Activator........

You are required to craft the Keys of Fate for Pete to open the Cargo Hold (but you are not sent to the Ghostly Chest.

And finally, Lord Chamberlain sends you to the Ghostly Chest during level 71 to get the Ocean Guide.

Each time you craft the Keys of Fate and USE IT.....the Side Quests temporarily go away......once you get the Ocean Guide ---the Side Quests continue until the Ocean Guide is repaired....when you click complete after attaching the last piece of the Ocean Guide is when they are disabled....AND .... you stop getting the Destiny Keys with each character quest with the Innkeeper's last quest which takes you to the end of Level 71.

From then on.....until the end of the game..... the Side Quests ONLY reappear at the time where the game was updated.....and sometimes they go away very, very quickly.....Once you reach game end -- 5320/6880 into Level 86.....the Side Quests come back and stay until we get the next update.

Sooooooo..... if you want to get all the keys to get all the pets..... you would want to stop with the character quests when the Side Quests present so you can get what you need/want.

In reply toRe: msg 94
AEGram

7/9/18

There really is no advantage, per se, to getting the pets early or late......however, as soon as you get one of them, the Exclusive Pet food starts to drop from the HOSs like the other pet food.....

Plus, the Exclusive Pets can sometimes bring back the Platinum chests that are sometimes full of airship items.

Susanna502MC

7/9/18

OK. The sooner I get one of the new pets the sooner I get the exclusive food. That sounds like a good reason to use the keys, but then reconsider in 71 if I want to complete the Ocean Guide or not. Thanks for the additional explanation.

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

**This message was moved from MC Game Guide to keep reference documents clean**

Aug-7

AEGram said:

Pinfeathers - Jeronimo must deal with opponent -- Unlocks: Limb Entrance (no coin); "Black matter" is now gone from all scenes/locations

I am currently at level 56 and opened the Limb Entrance - unfortunately I had to pay for it 10,000 coins. You might want to update your excellent guide.

CC to AEGram
AEGram

8/8/18

Nona....you are the second person to bring up this point.......

When the first person mentioned it costing 10,000 to open Limb Entrance, I advanced one of my games to go through that area again.......There were also 3 other senior players (gohill and Whitebutterfly were two and I think Dot was the third) .... who had lower level games that they took through this area.

In ALL cases on the recheck, NO ONE experienced a 10,000 cost to open the Limb Entrance. When Jeronimo fights his opponent, the battle breaks open the doorway to the Limb Entrance and there is no cost for that area's opening.

At this time in the game....there is also a bubble that presents telling you that you need to be at Level 56 and spend 10,000 coins to open Tree Top in the Elvyn Forest (so you can get to the Office for the Obedience Ring)........it was concluded by all the senior players that THIS request for 10,000 was what some players assumed was relative to opening Limb Entrance.

As a result of your PM, though, an additional comment IN RED has been placed in the MC Guide.

Nona (Waldmeister)

8/8/18

AEGram said:

In ALL cases on the recheck, NO ONE experienced a 10,000 cost to open the Limb Entrance. When Jeronimo fights his opponent, the battle breaks open the doorway to the Limb Entrance and there is no cost for that area's opening.

Quite right, when Jeronimo fights, the doorway breaks open. In that sense there is no cost. But when you actually want to enter the location to meet the Source of Sourcery, as requested by Prof. Pinfeathers, then there is a lock which costs 10,000 coin to open. I am not sure whether it was a level lock or an ordinary one (I think it was the former).

And I most definetely do not mix it up with the opening of the Tree Top. I am very short of coin and know exactly where that much money goes.

Before the fight I had about 15,000 and since I relied on the guide, telling me that there was no additional cost for opening the limb entrance, I spent 9,000 on one of my locked ZZs, thinking there was enough game space for getting more coin before the next HOS and location would pop up. However I could not enter the Limb Entrance or access the Source of Sourcery therein unless unlocking for 10,000 coin. I had to craft three items for profit to get the amount since sending out pets would have spoilt the opportunity to get a crafted item from them.

Today I opened the Tree Top for another 10,000.

AEGram

8/8/18

Nona (Waldmeister) said:

However I could not enter the Limb Entrance or access the Source of Sourcery therein unless unlocking for 10,000 coin.

I wish you had taken a screen shot of this scene .....but without it, and based on what others have also reported, I still cannot make the change.