Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Navigating the List of Discussions   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Apr-20 by kidmagnet (Kid) (Kidmagnet); 3480 views.
LvlSlgr

Jun-12

Hi Kid and Jenifer! I've gotten fairly used to navigating the forum. I usually just scroll thru the unread messages that show up. I found that for me it's much easier if I do this several times a day so there aren't so many to look at in one viewing. Also, I've gotten good at bookmarking the ones I want to go back to, etc.

Anyway, I have a question. Is there a way to mark a particular discussion to not appear in the unread messages? There are some discussions which I don't have an interest in and it would be nice if I didn't have to scroll thru those messages just to get to the ones in other discussions that were posted later.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, LvlSlgr

That is not currently an option but is a really good wishlist item.

You can use the Discussions Filter  (on the left) to see only discussions you have participated it (High Interest) but if you have not posted in them they would not filter in. I see Ignored is already on there. It was a feature in the Classic format of Delphi's forums but had a flaws. You can give it a try...

First go to your Preferences and scroll down to the second last item where it says View Zeta as Classic and check that option, clicking Update as well.

Come to this forum and it will look different, but the basics are there. Find the discussions that you wish to ignore and you will see the option at the bottom of the page:

You can check that off for each discussion, but maybe just do a couple until we see if it actually works lol

Alternately you can follow the same procedure but use the Rate My Interest - High that's to the left for discussions you do follow. Again this is kind of an experiment. When you are done you can go back to your Preferences page and uncheck the View Zeta as Classic option to return to the normal forum view.

I'm going to ask about adding Ignore to the newer interface.

LvlSlgr

Jun-14

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

LvlSlgr

Jun-14

Hey kid! Apparently I'm not able to do that at the basic account level. This is what I see -

Thanks for trying.

In reply toRe: msg 33
Leah (muppetmel1)

Jun-14

I've noticed this is a busy forum and there are terrific writers here. Wow, my cup of tea!

Ah drat - I'm sorry about that. I've brought it up to Service and will keep pushing.

Thank you , Hope interface can be updated.

could you ask about getting some folders stickied to top ? Ie, tips /tricks/ and friend requests.

and game questions?

better at navigating here, some find it difficult. 

But above discussion very helpful.blush