Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Song Title Chain Game   Fun and Games

Started 11/10/18 by mdpetdoc; 743613 views.
Larpy

Sep-30

Remember When - The Platters

Larpy

Sep-30

When The Whip Comes Down - The Rolling Stones

TinyFaerie
Staff

Sep-30

I'm Going Down - Rose Royce

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Sep-30

Burning Down The House - Talking Heads

Msg 1282.14784 deleted
Larpy

Oct-1

Hello marbur and welcome to the game.  This is a fun game and if you find fault with what I write, please fault ME and not the game!!

Your post of Downtown will be deemed invalid.  Reasoning (eventually) below.

The game has been going for almost two years, and as time has flown there have been several questions as to what was a valid or invalid post.  In GENERAL, there has evolved a LOT of leeway with verbs.  For example, changes of tense like burn, burning, burned; changes like come, comes; and most other 'reasonable' modifications to verb spellings (go to goes but NOT go to went).  Nouns have evolved with much less leeway.  Singular to plural or vice versa is OK; most anything else is NOT.  It has been ruled that taking a single word and making a compound word, and taking a compound word and making a post using just one of the words making up the compound is NOT valid.  Such is the case with your "downtown" from "down".  By the way, ever heard that song by Mrs Miller?  A wonderful "horrible" version.

SO, take out your frustrations on ME and not the game.  We need some fresh songs as several of us regulars get into a rut of not using new titles.

• Edited October 1, 2020 1:07 pm  by  Larpy

Let's move on from the last valid post Burning Down The House . . .

House Burning Down

CC to Larpy
LvlSlgr

Oct-1

Burning Love - Elvis Presley