Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How Cold Is It??   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 1/26/19 by Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom); 28053 views.

Well these were taken this afternoon (Nov 12).............

On my way to work.............

In the parking lot....................

Had to scrape about 4-5 inches of snow off car the last night after work. Lost power at work last night (thankfully there's a generator) then I lost power at home this morning for about an hour and a half (temp in the 30s, I have no generator). It's going to be a long winter............................

LvlSlgr

Nov-13

Oh yes, a long winter. So glad I don't live that far north. But the local weather people have been saying we may see some flakes/flurries Sunday, but that's all. I'm so not ready for this. LOL

Last New Year's Day (Jan 1, 2021) Target Field in Minneapolis was supposed to host the NHL Winter Classic hockey game but due to Covid it was canceled. Thankfully it was rescheduled (for Jan 2, 2022) and will be played this Saturday evening starting at 6pm local time. So why am I telling you this, especially is this discussion.........here's why:

TThe 2022 NHL Winter Classic in Minnesota could be the coldest outdoor game in league history (msn.com)

or..........................

NHL Will Have To Heat Ice At 2022 Winter Classic Due To Cold Temps (brobible.com)

By the way, this is my forecast for the next couple of days............................this is without the wind chill factor.

LvlSlgr

Dec-31

That's just hilarious! They're going to have to heat up the ice rink?!?!?

You can keep your COLD, COLD weather up there! 

Image result for Frozen Penguin Cartoon

Here's my forecast for those same days.

Today (Friday) and Sat. are warmer than normal but then we start getting back to the more normal temps. This past week we broke the record high 3 days - Sat. (Christmas Day) it was 75, and Monday and another day it hit 70 to 73 for records. I can't remember the exact temps. Fortunately, no tornados this time.

PenWeb

Dec-31

Southwest Florida  -  3 day forecast

84/66

85/67

83/54

What's that white stuff?

LvlSlgr

Dec-31

PenWeb said:

What's that white stuff?

Too funny!

PenWeb, my parents were snowbirds for several years and had a place in Naples, FL. In 2001 they sold their home in KY and moved to FL permanently. Dad passed away in 2003 but Mom stayed. She finally moved back in 2013 at the age of 89 because she needed to be closer to us kids here in KY. She loved it there and I loved visiting her there. LOL

I live in Alberta and temp right now is -27c (with windchill -34c) so that game is sweater weather for us joy.

Pat

Phantommom (CampingMom16) said:

so that game is sweater weather for us .

LOL!!

I'm now under a Wind Chill Warning:

...WIND CHILL WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO NOON CST SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Dangerously cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as 45 below zero.

* WHERE...Portions of east central, north central and northeast Minnesota.

* WHEN...From 6 PM this evening to noon CST Saturday.

* IMPACTS...The dangerously cold wind chills could cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.

We have had those temps and colder (-50c at times with wind chill - mainly this in the evenings) for the last two weeks and looks like next week the same.  Just hoping power doesn't go out. Lousy end to 2021 (among other lousy endings to this year) smirk