Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2 Questions...   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started 2/9/19 by Merlock; 3055 views.
Lou4338

Sep-5

I'm not sure I'm doing this right by using reply.  I have several questions.

1.  What is the object of the challenges?  I never get past the third challenge.

2.  What is the object of changing avatars?

3.  Is there any way to buy what is needed?  You can buy a gift.

4.  What is the object of changing objects in the special rooms?

I guess I'm old and a bit dense.

Nona (Waldmeister)

Sep-5

1. Challenges can get you up to 3 new avatars and they are a change to the MC routine. Most players enjoy them but some don't and ignore them.

2. It is a matter of personal preference foremost. Some people, including me, think that the choice of avatar has an influence on your chances at the dice table.

3. You can buy items you are supposed to get for ZZ and crafting with diamonds. Same goes for the catching devices during the seasonal events. You can also buy furniture in the room - some with shards, others with coins or diamonds. You can also buy amulets during seasonal events, some for a lot of coins, not sure if all.

4. Again a matter of personal taste. But there is a glitch that can lead to your friends not seeing the room you chose last unless you also made a small change to the furniture. During events that could mean that our friends can't play the HOS in the event room.

Lou4338

Sep-5

Thank you.  I'm still trying to figure out how to save MC to a flash drive.  I get so far and then I'm stuck.  I worry about my computer crashing or something else happening.

Nona (Waldmeister)

Sep-5

If you only COPY and don't MOVE files then you need not worry.

Copy the MC shell folder and the MC progress folder to a flash drive.

The MC progress files live in:
C:\users\user\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Midnight Castle

The MC game shell files are in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Midnight Castle

You can get there either by unhiding the folders or by clicking on your Windows start button. Choose run and type/copy the above into your run line. (Replace user with your windows user-name.)

Lou4338

Sep-11

Another dumb question.  What is going on with Valeria Steiner?  I've done at least 40 tasks in a row for her and each time receive 20 coins and a fancy blue key.  How long does that go on and what is the object?  Do you happen to know?

Go here and begin with message 158, it should answer your question...………...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/109/152

Nona (Waldmeister)

Sep-11

At certain stages in the game several characters (not just Valeria) offer blue key quests. In the first instances they are part of the main quest. With the Destiny Keys (blue keys) you can craft the Keys of Fate. With them you can open the Ghostly Chest in the Dark Tower. If you get more keys you can open the chest again without being send to it as the chest is the only way to get the four exclusive pets.

At later stages these side quests appear again for a short time. Some players like to do them for gifting keys or for getting ZZ items (especially during castle challenges or for Trina's quests). Others ignore them once they have all the pets.

GaviTn

Sep-18

what are the exclusive pets, in the ghostly chest?

Nona (Waldmeister)

Sep-18

When you click on the "i" next to the chest you will see the available pets. First it is just one, once you have it the three others and pet food will be displayed.

Go here and start with Msg 158 to read all the info regarding the Ghostly Chest.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/109/152