Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

WINDOWS 10 May Update   Technical Issues

Started 4/24/19 by Di (amina046); 3829 views.

I just googled about Windows update version 1903 and this is what I saw 

Headliner:

Window 10 PC  users with under 32 GB Storage? NO 1903 update for you, says Microsoft

https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-pc-with-under-32gb-storage-no-1903-update-for-you-says-microsoft/

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

4/26/19

I read a few articles on this 32G Hard Drive requirement.  It is my understanding that only 7ish G will actually be usurped & dedicated for the smooth Install of 1903 and future Build Updates.

They also state that if you already have 1809, you should be be able to Install 1903 (if you have 32G of Free Space, or maybe just 7ish G freed up)

My two little Lenovo Thinkpads only have 200G Hard Drives each, and 1809 installed without a hitch on both.  Each has approx. 50G Free Space at the moment, which exceeds the M$ criteria. I think I'll be fine, but will move more stuff to external storage, maybe an extra 30G or so each.

I reckon most of y'all have MUCH bigger Hard Drives that I, so, just to be safe, move your stuff and take a deep breath.  Make sure you disconnect (safely) your external storage before the Update hits in May.

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed (I really need an Emoji for that)

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom

In reply toRe: msg 12
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

5/3/19

ANOTHER Cumulative for Win 10 1809 was released about an hour or so ago.

Supposedly still had the bugs from the LAST Cumulative Update, but I bit the bullet anyway and Installed on ONE of my Devices.  Backed up EVERYTHING first.

NO PROBLEM for me.  WHEW!!!

Will still back up EVERYTHING on the other 2 Devices, just in case.

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom

In reply toRe: msg 13
Di (amina046)

5/12/19

To everyone on Windows 10, remember the May update is around the corner! Backup,

make a full image backup:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-make-full-backup-windows-10

or at least save your game.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-19

From this article
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3387136/microsoft-windows-10-may-2019-update-release-date.html#toc-1
it suggests we will have the option to Download & Install the 1903 Feature Update:

Microsoft’s Windows 10 May 2019 Update will add what’s essentially a second update button, specifically for downloading the latest feature update.
Even if a feature release like the May 2019 Update is available, however, Windows will ask users to go through a second step to download it. Historically, Windows 10 feature updates and patches would install quietly in the background, announcing themselves once they were completed. Now, it appears that users will be able to decide when to install a feature release like the May 2019 Update.

Here's a screenshot from that article:

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed this is what we'll see when 1903 hits, and we can CHOOSE when to give it a try . . . I'll be backing everything up again, of course, just in case.

I'll try the Update first on my device that is home to my 5 bottom Feeder Castles, so if it hoses my up that device, it won't be such a pain to restore everything.

*sigh*

XXOO ~ Dhyani

In reply toRe: msg 15
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-20

WOOHOO!!!

The Preview Cumulative .Net Framework (or words like that) Update came today, I downloaded it on my 2 Win 10 Pro Laptops . . . AND I NOW HAVE THAT SECONDARY BUTTON ALLOWING ME TO CHOOSE (or not) TO DOWNLOAD/INSTALL FUTURE UPDATES!!!!!

I called Microsoft AnswerDesk to verify this "Preview, yadda yadda, Update" was responsible for this Secondary Update Download/Install Button, and the Rep. said YES.

EDIT:  Turns out that Download Button I have is because I have METERED CONNECTION turned ON. So, I don't have the NEW Button visible yet.  It MAY appear when 1903 is offered.  So the Rep. just may be right, I just cannot see it yet.

Still, this is a HUGE relief!

Will still wait a week or so after 1903 (aka 19H1) is presented to me, just in case there are still bugs, which is likely.

That Update is called:  Preview of Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64 (KB4469041)

Huh ~ It is showing on ONE of my two identical Laptops, but not the other. And from reading the description of KB4469041 on M$ site, it is NOT obvious to me that it is, indeed, the Update that gave me the Secondary Update Button.  But it HAS to be.  It's the only Quality Update I received yesterday.

Oh well, I'm confusing myself, and desperately need a nap LOL.   I still have Dad's Win 10 Home Device to Update.  Will take a screenshot of what specifically the Update is called and it's KB number.  Maybe it will be different for the Home Edition, and the .NET Framework may be different, depending on what is currently on his device.

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom

Di (amina046)

May-20

Getting an update now, outside hours. Glad I have already gifted and noted that the puzzle took forever, so I shut down MC. Keeping all my appendices crossed!

Di (amina046)

May-20

No button! It was a short one ending 5056

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-21

I might be misremembering, but aren't you still running 1803?

Or did you ever get 1809 and I've just forgotten?