Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Strategy for the Dice near end of CC   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started May-9 by CzoeMC; 1445 views.
CzoeMC

May-9

After playing the puzzles like crazy when first starting MC, I haven't been at it lately. No time for the pain of the hand off game, but can usually win the diamonds 80 percent of the time.

Two Dice challenges in a row might be tempting to reset, and reset, a new roll with diamonds if losing, especially toward the end of a Challenge, so am stocking up on them, by doing the puzzles again (and occasionally get a very nice item, besides). At least for one round of puzzles, anyway, there are so may of them now, that I haven't even tried!

In reply toRe: msg 1
Nona (Waldmeister)

May-9

If you believe like me that the choice of avatar affects your chances you might start trying out now some that do well against your two upcoming opponents.

CzoeMC

May-9

I'm somewhat superstitious about avatar choice in dice games, also. But the end result seems rather random.

After winning Froggy Dragon Queen (whatever her highness is called), I thought that she would have a most high magnificence among the others, but, sadly, she wields no power on the table. Usually it seems that the latest won avatar in the CC or Event is the best.

*anyway, my advice is to be prepared to spend diamonds at the dice table.

• Edited May 9, 2019 11:31 pm  by  CzoeMC
In reply toRe: msg 3
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

May-9

I just toss the dice and wish for the best!! I haven't seen any particular avatar that helps. ( iron knight is NOT sympathetic to Anabel, lol) Bully

Kinda mean of the devs to put 2 dice challenges together towards the end. AND -- 5 to start? Just plain mean.......

Since we’re almost up against this bugbear, 1st, make sure your dice table is set with 3 games ready to go at day change tomorrow. If you have 1 or 2 left - make sure you use them before day change today. We need to make the most of the time we have left.

2nd, has anyone had outstanding luck with any of our new avatars? 

I will try my hard-won new Driad 1st, then my Druid, as he did well against the Knight, but this is the notorious Troll!!! Infamously hard to beat! Any suggestions?

I may resort to diamonds to reopen the table if I’m running out of time, but after all the reports I’ve read of spending the diamonds then losing all 3, I’m not too enthusiastic about that approach. 

Nona (Waldmeister)

May-14

In the past days I tried the new avatars a couple of times. I employed the Florist against the Troll and got 2/3. Same worked for Anabel with the Botanist. Now I've knocked three times on wood as I write so as not to jinx it. Still one day to test out avatars.

Some people find winning items more easier than coins so they might get some quests ready for the challenge.

Thanks Nona, that’s a good thought about the items vs coins. Either would count as a win. wink

That's pretty good results with the Florest, too. Maybe Henry-as-Troll is a soft touch for a pretty face? But the Botanist? I wouldn’t have thought he’s Anabel’s type. smile

Di (amina046)

May-15

Just in case I decide to stock up on some extra diamonds.

CindyK65

May-15

I am dreading the dice games so much! I just can't seem to make myself do the puzzles, si I will use my diamonds if necessary and replace them when the CC is done, if necessary.

I've had pretty good luck with the dice games in the past. I usually o,at 1 or 2 dice games, then quit and do a few searches. I usually win more than I lose. If I lose, I change my avatar (too superstitious).

mdpetdoc

May-15

When I was battling the troll for the dice achievement, I was displaying the cat lover avatar and won against him fairly quickly. I really don't think the avatar makes a difference but that was the one I had just won and I left it displayed.