Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

sadie   Messages from the Heart

Started May-9 by gloworm68; 1104 views.
gloworm68

May-9

does any one know how sadie is doing? i saw she has cancer from her name on mc. and now it says she is to tired to play the game. i use to write her all the time.i am very worried about her. and if any one writes to her would you please tell her to write me here.thank you gloria

I will pass your message along.

gloworm68

May-10

THANK YOU SO MUCH.I AM VERY WORRIED AND REALLY WANT TO BE HERE FOR HER.

Sadie (Sadie700)

May-18

Hi Gloworm68!  Long time no talk!   I am doing surprisingly well considering 5 days a week of Radiation Therapy and 1 day a week of Chemotherapy.  I say I am doing well because after 5 chemo treatments my blood levels are still very good, I do not get nauseated from them and really have very few side effects from them.  One I do have is that my hair is falling out, but I expected that.  Thankfully I had very thick hair to begin with so with only one more chemo to go, I still have what appears to be my hair on my head.  It is a lot thinner than it used to be, but it is still there.  My radiation therapy is a little harder on me.  I get two different areas irradiated.  One is the tumor on the upper left lobe of my lung and the other is the lymph nodes in the center of my chest.  Unfortunately that is where the radiation also irritates the esophagus and causes swelling so that I am unable to swallow much in the solid food category.  I have to drink those high protein drinks like Boost or Ensure.  At least they have improved the flavor of them, so I don't mind drinking them.  My other main food is mashed sweet potatoes which is high in some of the vitamins and minerals that I need since I can't eat them normally.  9 more radiation and 1 more chemo, then we wait for 3 weeks to do another CT and PET scans to see what is left of me.  Luckily they caught my cancer early.  The tumor is only 12 mm which is really small.  The lymph nodes were just beginning to be affected so there is hope there too.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to do a second round.  I do get tired but have found that if I do my Boost or Ensure and a vitamin and mineral infused drink in the morning and early afternoon, I am not as tired as I was.  This was a real learning process for me.  Bedtime is around the time for the Castle to switch days and sometimes I am too tired to gift then.    I am learning as I go.  I am not really in the mood to play a lot.  Sometimes I am bored, sometimes I am too depressed and sometimes I just don't want to play any games.  There are also times that I don't feel like chatting to anybody.  My hubby has been with me every step of the way and has been my rock.  As it stands now, I guess I will not trade him in next year for two 35 year olds when he hits 70. LOL!

How have you been doing?  Somehow, I did recognize you when your Gloworm name showed up on your avatar.  I knew right away it was you.  You can either Pm me or write here if you want to.  I don't often come to delphi but will try to remember to check for you.  But don't be upset if I don't answer right away.  Like I said, sometimes I just don't want to talk.  Today I am doing really well.  Some days not so much.  But the prognosis is good so I don't expect to kick the bucket real soon.

Take care of yourself,

Sadie

Sadie, you hang in there! I have been through similar treatments, and the castle kept me going! Rest when you’re tired, and play when you can. You have already discovered what works for you and have a good support in your husband. Keep your attitude and thoughts positive. Before you know it, those treatments will be done. You will regain your strength and be feeling better! I will add you to my prayers to give you an extra boost! Take care.

Dearest Sadie:

Lots of Hugs (((heartbeat)))and Prayers pray . 

Warm sunnyand healing thoughtsrainbowbouquet

Nona (Waldmeister)

May-18

Hi Sadie, getting radio therapy as well. It was recommended to take food with a lot of potassium to catch the free radicals and also dairy products as I have some problems with swallowing. How about a nice banana milkshake? I was prescribed a suspension that helps with the swallowing. Fortunately I can take solid food as well. It is just not very enjoyable. So I prefer the cool mushy stuff like yoghurt or ice cream. Fantasising about a huge medium rare steak with garlic bread once things are back to normal...

Sending you thoughts and prayers.  Stay Strong!

oiuoiu321

May-19

Sadie, I'm so sorry you're going through this.  But it's great to hear that your prognosis is good!  Continue to take care of yourself and do what feels right for you.  I'm praying for a quick recovery for you.

gloworm68

May-19

it is so good to connect with you.i have been thinking of you a lot. i know your friend whitebutter fly made our connection and i cant thank her enough. i want to be here for you as you travel this path. you dont have to write back,i just want to send you notes to let you know how much your friendship means to me and that im here for you.as you know i have lung problems so i can only imagine what you are going thru.take care and know we at the castle are in your corner. gloria