Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

End of this SE   Achievements and Musings

Started May-16 by anglegirl70; 658 views.
anglegirl70

May-16

At the end of this event, would it be better to leave the Event Items or trade them in for carrots for next years SE?  Any ideas out there? Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Nona (Waldmeister)

May-16

If you have everything, including the achievements for trading with the children or crafting spring cakes then you might keep a bit of everything, event items for the next spring event or for gifting to friends. The same goes for the carrots. I don't know how much you have or with how much you are comfortable. If you are still working on MagicMiser you might shard a good deal of them.

CzoeMC

May-16

M'dear, no pets in future SEs will require hundreds of the pet-making things you have probably acquired.

I tend to shard them to an even number after the event, (OMG, getting all Monk) here), but if you need coin there is that factor. Sharding brings you closer to some dmn achievement, though, and you can use the shards for decorations or Trina.

*OH, you meant the flowers and choc and such.  Definitely keep them. Sometimes a SE will require a certain amount or trade right off the bat, and the trading can happen later, as you need it.

• Edited May 16, 2019 3:07 pm  by  CzoeMC

I keep everything. New people join the Castle all year long & they always want to get the Event pets they missed, so it’s good to have at least a couple hundred of each item on hand. Some pets take 20 of each, some 40, & there’s some overlap, so 200 is really not too many. Right now, I have at least 800 of everything except the Donkey & Jack-in-the-Box parts - those have always been hard to get, as they only come from the DQs.

And of course, the Consortium may need more as the year goes on & we’re supplying new players from our saved inventory. 

Its also almost impossible to have too many carrots - next year you will want to start with at least 100, preferably lots more, when the Event begins so you can start catching the new spirits right away. Plus, (trust me) dozens of Grasshoppers will “suddenly” realize they need all those carrots, too. It’s nice to have enough on hand to be able to help lots of friends out. 

Remember, it doesn’t cost you anything to keep them in your inventory for “just-in-case” - you don’t even have to dust them! 

CzoeMC

May-16

Desertdruid (stillDruid) said:

200 is really not too many

Funny, that is my magic number, also.

AuntieRoo

May-16

I echo everything Druid has said.I have already started gifting Ghost traps & Fall Event items. Some to Consortium friends as well as usual friends.

I do not need the coins/ shards the items would bring so I keep everything ( a nice little nest egg).

For me, I enjoy gifting to friends but do what makes you happy.relieved

TinyFaerie
Staff

May-16

I'm Starting on My Magic Miser also so have them on my wish list.

I sharded a most of my seasonal items to get the Magic Miser.  Big Mistake,  found a needed a lot of those items and didn't have enough to help my friends.  This event has been a fizzer for me this year because I have not had the time to play much at all.  I have been lucky to do 2 rooms a day average.  A heartfelt thanks to all my friends who have dragged me through this challenge and crafting the pets.  It will take me months to repay you all. 

CzoeMC

May-18

Aaah, I am sure that your friends don't really have the need or expectation for return of anything, and just enjoy the satisfaction of helping you out. But if you feel the need to give back, the lateness of the return will not make a difference to those that are truly your friends.

TinyFaerie
Staff

May-18

I would be glad to help feel free to message me.