Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

DQ's, Trina, & Diamonds   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started May-20 by P1tbull; 1785 views.
P1tbull

May-20

Just a quick question to all those who have completed all the DQ's and/or Trina quests. I am undecided right now whether to just plod along doing however many quests per day as time permits and without spending too many diamonds or to go hard and achieve what I can with what I have. I have 2.5k diamonds and wonder if I really need to keep this many on hand when I could use most of them to get through the quests faster and just keep 500 or 200 on hand. Please share your experience of how you got the quests completed/near completed so that I can make a decision and not be sitting here like the skeleton meme's sitting at their computers like you see on FB before the quests get finished LOL

AEGram

May-21

I have not yet completed all of the DQ achievements, but I worked on them quite diligently between the Winter and Spring Events. Because Winter event followed closely on the heels of the Fall Event, and I had accumulated about 4100 of each of the airship items, I thought I had sufficient airship items to actively pursue these achievements. As a result, I played the Puzzles 3x a day for the most common ZZ items requested by the DQs (Torch, Winged Amulet, Rune Stone, etc.) to build up that inventory while doing the DQs. By doing that, I was able to get 3 of each of the items I was playing for as well as about 50-60 diamonds.

IF I knew I would have time to play for at least an hour and possibly more, I would activate an Amulet so I could repeatedly enter the multiple HOSs required by each part of the DQ. If I didn't have that full hour (which was a great deal of the time), I would use diamonds to re-enter the HOSs. Here's what I found out by playing that way:

1. Yes, I had sufficient Torch, Winged Amulet, etc. to do all the DQs that I chose to do.

2. In addition to the diamonds I was getting, I was also using far more....my supply went down about 400 in just a few days because even with earning some, I was using far more than I got from the Puzzles.

3. Approaching the Spring Event, I had to slow down on the DQs because I was rapidly running low on airship items!!! Even though I slowed down, that 4100 per item got down to about 1100 per item at the beginning of the Spring Event.

4. On March 4, I completed the Three's a Crowd achievement, so I don't know the additional 3-part quests I completed from Jan 24 to March 4, but I do have numbers for the 5- and 10-part DQs, and the number of 3-part DQs completed from March 4 to the beginning of the SE

From January 24 (end of WE) to April 11 (beginning of SE), I completed 121 of the 5-part and 120 of the 10-part.

From March 4 to April 11, I completed 37 of the 3-part DQs.

That's a total of 278 DQs (plus whatever more I did of the 3-part between Jan 24 and Mar 4) that used up at least 500 to 600 diamonds and 3000 of EACH of the airship items.

Hope this helps with your decision making.

ETA ---- Based on what happened with the drain on the airship items, I do not recommend just playing Puzzles for items.....I recommend perhaps one playing of Puzzles...but mostly doing the Castle rounds as frequently as you possibly can.

• Edited May 21, 2019 6:14 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 2
P1tbull

May-21

Congrats on completing the 3 part achievement! I pretty much play the same way you do. If I have time to sit for an hour, I will use an amulet. At the end of the WE I had 3,000 airship parts. By the SE I had run out of one part, was down to less than a hundred on another, and running low on the other four parts. They seem to run out so quickly.

You feel like you play and play and play, and get nowhere fast LOL. Maybe it's because it's spread over 3 different quests (3 part, 5 part, 10 part) so although you did for example 8 DQ's in 24 hours, when you look at your achievements, they have only moved up 2 or 3 places. You feel good knowing you completed X amount in 24hrs but then feel deflated looking at the achievements haha

Thanks for your input AEGram, much appreciated relaxed

• Edited May 21, 2019 6:56 pm  by  P1tbull
mdpetdoc

May-21

I've completed all the DQ's. These are my stats for February:

3 pt    508 (+73)
  5 pt    450 (+92)
10 pt    437 (+72)

8.46 DQ / day

HOS 118,988 (+6297) 224.89/day

I finished March 15. I dropped about 12,000 total airship items between Feb 1 and March 15 despite doing more than 200 HOS/day (only the first 20 in the castle). I dropped about 3000 diamonds and 4000 energy units. I used diamonds to open the dice table, call back the airship, and open an HOS if opening one made a difference in being able to complete the DQ. I found that if I used diamonds to open a DQ, the next few DQs were more likely to be the same number of parts. When I was down to just needing 10 parts, I used this to my advantage and would use diamonds to open an HOS hoping to get another 10 part. If I did, I'd run an amulet. Unfortunately calling back the airship usually results in an airship wanting more items. I found my airship items remained balanced better by sending out each ship as it became available instead of trying for one with a better number or items. 

The limiting item for me now that I'm focused on Trina Quests and leveling up is postcards so I'm not using diamonds frequently any more and I'm back over 8000 again mostly from catching morphs.

Good Luck and have fun. 

AEGram

May-21

mdpetdoc said:

The limiting item for me now that I'm focused on Trina Quests and leveling up is postcards

I, too, have realized that when Trina is the only achievement left to focus on (Key Master -- 5000; Ace Assistant -- 3000), I will shortly run out of post cards. 

Already, when doing multiple DQs in a day and letting Trina come along for the ride, I have seen the postcard inventory drop as much as 200 postcards in a matter of weeks. 

I have determined that IF I manage to gift 15 friends a day, it will still take me 2.2 years to complete Ace Assistant and 4.9 years to complete Key Master merely because that will be the number of years I'll need to get the projected amount of postcards based on the percentage frequency of her requests......for my game, she is requesting postcards 37.3% of the time.

P1tbull

May-22

Thanks so much for the info. That tip about using diamonds for DQ's and it then opening the same  number of parts for the next DQ is very interesting and helpful. It also explains why yesterday when I did the DQ's  and used diamonds for repetitive HOS's, the next DQ was for the same number of parts. I'm now wondering if it's even worth eating through all my diamonds etc just to try and get closer to the finish line or not. After the numbers you have just spelled out, I know I don't have enough items and diamonds to finish but thought it might be nice to at least get closer, only I don't know that I will even get that close LOL

@AEGram 2.2 years and 4.9 years? Oh my goodness, I'm not too sure whether to laugh or cry at this point!

mdpetdoc

May-22

I would recommend that you use diamonds now to try to balance the number of 3, 5, and 10 parts you have. If you can balance them, the game will tend to keep them balanced if you use an amulet when you get the second 10 part for the day. For Gnome Spy, use your amulet when you reach part 7. 

alliebdive

May-22

I dont play anything like as many HOS a day as many people.  I just dont have time.  I try to play all of the castle ones, the first few of Town and the first few of Cloud City every day because they tend to give me the objects I most need for the DQs and Trina.  I have been working steadily on those objectives for about a year, in between the special events.  They're all I have left to do now except for the Furniture one which is currently undoable.  I do about 2 or 3 a day if I can, limited generally by airship items.  I seldom have more than about 200 of each even after something like the SE, especially if there's also been a CC as there was this time.  So,, am resigned to those achievements taking a very long time.  Which is ok!  I do use amulets if I find I have a good selection of Airship items and an hour to spare.  I don't use diamonds very much other than to bring around the dice game a bit quicker sometimes or maybe once or twice in desperation, to send an empty airship/bring another one.  At the moment I am 293/500 for the 3 part, 216/500 for the 5 part and 115/500 for the 10 part.  So, I would say maybe 2 years to go!!!!! And as for Trina, I have 605 out of the 5000/3000 keys/tasks required!!!!  A lot of work for 30 diamonds methinks.  Plod on!!!  

AEGram

May-22

P1tbull said:

@AEGram 2.2 years and 4.9 years? Oh my goodness, I'm not too sure whether to laugh or cry at this point!

Because I was curious....I started keeping track of what Trina requested and how frequently....Unfortunately, I didn't think to start record keeping until my 99th Trina Quest, so I have incomplete data. But, I still think it is indicative of the amount of times she asks for something. I have now completed 1155 of her quests, so I have records for 1057 of them...here are the numbers:

Wheels…..
Total used: 129,660
Times requested: 434
Percentage of time requested: 41%

Shards…..
Total used: 82,200
Times requested: 411
Percentage of time requested: 39%

Postcards….
Total used: 6,475
Times requested: 395
Percentage of time requested: 37%

Scenes….
Total used: 19,703
Times requested: 425
Percentage of time requested: 40%

ZZs….
Total used: 8,940
Times requested: 447
Percentage of time requested: 42%

When I started keeping these records, steering wheels was already at 300, shards were at 200, and ZZs were at 20. But postcards were only at 6 and scenes were at 23

P1tbull

May-22

I just went numb at how many wheels! Because I may not even be finished with the DQ's by early next year, I'm now beginning to think I will have to take my laptop on holiday with me....yuck! I really don't like lugging it through airports, it's so inconvenient but I will be away for 4 weeks in Thailand so would be a long time not playing if I don't take it.

@mdpetdoc thank you for the advice, I would never have thought of that. Right now I do have a huge gap of about 70 between my 3 part and 5 part quests.