Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Trina wants postcards!   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Jun-1 by JaneBond1; 1734 views.
JaneBond1

Jun-1

Hi 

I am just starting this game. On level 21 Trina says I need to friend someone to get postcards back (2 cards) I don't have a clue of what I am doing. I'm on my PC. My ID is 811508.  I have done very little with my room because Trina wants so blasted many Shards. 

Also, I'm trying to get what the gnome is asking for. Twice today I have needed to go to the tower above Trina and played the HOG and it didn't give me what I needed!!!!!! It takes an hour to cooldown. What is up with that? I've worked hard for it...twice!!!

Help Please,

JaneBond1

AEGram

Jun-1

1. Regarding postcards ..... you get them by gifting a friend....Each friend you send a gift to, you receive 1 postcard. So, because you can gift up to 15 friends a day (5 during each 8-hour period), you can earn up to 15 postcards in one day. .....If you ever intend to finally complete the Key Master (which requires 5000 of Trina's Keys) or Ace Assistant (which requires 3000 of Trina's quests), you will soon run out of postcards. When you get into more of Trina's quests, the requests get higher. (Wheels max at 300, Shards at 200, postcards at 20, HOSs at 50, and ZZs at 20). Since you can earn only 15 in a day of the postcards, just one of Trina's 20 postcard requests could put you "a begging." 

To further emphasize the amount needed....I have kept track of my last 1074 Trina Quests (I neglected to write down the first 99 of them)....so far, I have given Trina 6595 postcards. And at 1173 toward a goal of 3000 or 5000, you can see that there will still be a bunch more needed.

2. IF you are still leveling up and have character quests activated, when you use the find button to go to the Belfry, you MIGHT get something relevant to the character quest instead of the item you want for the Gnome Quest. Originally the find button in the Daily Quests didn't work at all....now that they do, they sometimes conflict with the Character Quests. It has been my observation that you will get the item relevant to which of the two (character or daily quest) that has been activated first. 

In one case, I had activated the DQ and got the Knowledge Hunter.....the first part requires you open the Carnivorous Lily 3x.....For one opening, of that ZZ, you need 2 of the Live Potion.....I had zero of them....that means I would need to visit the Winter/Summer Garden 6 times to fulfill that first part of the DQ.......I then opened a character quest that required me to go to the Monkey ZZ ..... For that you need Ring of Bloody Eyes, Insight Ring, and Archistrategist's Ring......I had zero of the Ring of Bloody Eyes.....which also happens to come from the Winter/Summer Garden.......

To actually GET the Ring of Bloody Eyes, I would need to visit the W/S Garden 7 times .....6 for the Live Potion and then I would get the Ring. Needless to say, I just purchased the Ring of Bloody Eyes with diamonds to avoid that many visits to one HOS

CC to JaneBond1
In reply toRe: msg 2
Nona (Waldmeister)

Jun-1

You can go easy on purchases for your private room but do buy some stuff in the xmas rooms, even it is only books - you get the clever monkey pet that way.

As for postcards - it is an issue for some players but it will depend on how you play. Trina often asks for shards which are hard to come by at the lower levels outside a seasonal event and take you more than a day or two. She might ask for you to play scenes - some play a lot of them, others not so much - the same goes for ZZs. Some players don't have that much time to play or take a break, particularily after special events and only log in to gift friends. In that case postcards will accumalate real fast and won't be a problem.

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

Jun-1

Hi JaneBond! Not to sound self-serving, but I sent you an invite to my recently opened 2nd game. I too am trying to keep up with Trina's demand for postcards and would love to be able to gift you every day, a real friend instead of John.

TopCat/Cookie in the Castle

JaneBond1

Jun-1

Hi,

Today was my first post, and as I said, I don't know what on earth I'm doing. 

Where do I find your invite?

How do I accept it?

I have a "Top Hat-welcome frie….. who needs a amber box and a winged amulet. Is that you?

I do not have an amber box, but I do have a winged amulet to offer. 

What does ZZ mean? 

Thanks, JaneBond1

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

Jun-1

Yes, I am TopCat. You can gift any item on a wish list by clicking the Friend. You can even buy an item if you don't have it (although I don't recommend that at our low levels). You will receive a post card in return.

Also, click on the other tab in your friends labelled "My List", and choose some items you desire. If you can't find the item to choose, use the "search" right above the boxes and type all or part of the name. As a suggestion, put the item you have been trying multiple times. The mailman will deliver your friends' gifts with a flashing envelope.

TinyFaerie

Jun-1

I believe she meant an invite in the game itself.

Only give away what you have never what you need.

ZZ means Zoom Zone.  If you have any other questions ask away Im here to help or send me a PM! Just click on my name in blue at the top left of my post.

One thing that will help you alot is out FAQ page to get there just click on the Faerie at the bottom of my post.

AEGram

Jun-1

Nona (Waldmeister) said:

As for postcards - it is an issue for some players but it will depend on how you play. Trina often asks for shards which are hard to come by at the lower levels outside a seasonal event and take you more than a day or two. She might ask for you to play scenes - some play a lot of them, others not so much - the same goes for ZZs. Some players don't have that much time to play or take a break, particularily after special events and only log in to gift friends. In that case postcards will accumalate real fast and won't be a problem.

Welllll......when I finish with my 3 Daily Quest achievements, I will have only Trina's related 2 achievements and Cozy Cubby.

Over the years, I have built a substantial inventory of many of the ZZs, so ZZ visits will be no problem for me. 50 HOSs -- also something doable. Airship inventory? .....Well, I can also do more HOSs in a day to keep up with multiple airships being sent. 

That leaves shards and postcards.......again, I can disenchant inventory for shards.. Event item excess will help me in that endeavor. Still, based on the percentages for times requested during the 1097 times for which I have documentation .... I anticipate I will need an additional 139,000 shards to reach the 3000th quest. If I disenchanted most of my event inventory, I could probably come up with about 80,000 of those shards (with my current shard inventory added into that amount)........so, again, I see no problem with doing multiple Trina quests during a day as long as she continues to ask for shards at the current percentage rate.

Now, for the postcards.....At the current percentage she asks for shards, I anticipate 668 more postcard requests to reach my 3000 goal for Ace Assistant. 668 x 20 = 13,360 postcards that will be needed.....I currently have 2254, so I will need 11,106 more than I currently have. At 15 postcards a day, it will take me 740 days to get them all (and that is provided I'm available at all gifting times and actually remember -- and I frequently don't).......740 days = 2.03 years to just ACCUMULATE the number of postcards that will be required by projection. 

I am absolutely sure, based on my current inventory, the upcoming events, and my playing time that I could easily complete 1828 of Trina's quests long before 2.03 years are passed....HOWEVER, I will be unable to do so because I will lack postcards.

There is no "method of play" that will yield additional postcards over the 15 you can get in one day.

• Edited June 1, 2019 3:39 pm  by  AEGram
JaneBond1

Jun-1

I DID IT!!!!!    I have not even paid attention to the names of all these things.  I will look again tomorrow and see if I can help you. 

Thank You

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

Jun-1

Thank you JaneBond! Don't forget to choose your own items you want to receive.

And welcome to the forum! You will find some very knowledgeable and always helpful friends here, so don't hesitate to ask questions.