Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Snipping a Pictures from Midnight Castle Game    Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Jun-27 by JaineJ; 1196 views.
JaineJ

Jun-27

Hello to Midnight Castle Friends

Please can you help me how do you copy & paste some pictures as above game like (pets, scenes, avatars)?  How do you snipping the pictures, please tell me how to work it?  I have try I only get is a black screen not doing very good I would like to learn.  Anybody know how please let me know.  Thank You for your help  JaineJ

In reply toRe: msg 1
Nona (Waldmeister)

Jun-27

I assume that you play on PC - windows.

On the top right corner of your game is a wheel. Click it and you can set the game options. Display is either full screen or window mode. Choose window if you can and then the screenshots should work.

Some people have problems to get the window display - trying to change screen settings worked for a few but not for me.

If you can't dispay MC as a window then your print button won't work. Just black!

There are various apps - free and commercial for taking screenshots but the majority won't work either.

The one that does work is FRAPS.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

It is only partly free. The unregistered version will allow you to take full screenshots as bmp. Sufficient for me as I only use it for MC.

CC to JaineJ
JaineJ

Jun-27

Wow Thank You Nona

That is really helpful, Yes I play on PC.

Can you help me I can't find anywhere old pictures of Midnight Castle Game what do '3 Prisoners' from Dungeon Of The Cursed look like after it changes into 3 Dragons?  Can you tell me where to find them if you have any ideas?  Thank You

In reply toRe: msg 3
Nona (Waldmeister)

Jun-27

Sorry, I think whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54) is big into collecting the story, pics and changes and has posted here on various threads. Maybe there is the info you want in some of them.

JaineJ

Jun-27

Hello Whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54)

Please can you read as above if you can help me?  Thank You

In reply toRe: msg 1
AEGram

Jun-27

JaineJ said:

Please can you help me how do you copy & paste some pictures as above game like (pets, scenes, avatars)?  How do you snipping the pictures, please tell me how to work it?  I have try I only get is a black screen not doing very good I would like to learn.  Anybody know how please let me know.  Thank You for your help  JaineJ

First of all, I see no reason to purchase some PC app for snipping pictures.   As has been stated, the screen print will only work if you can put MC in less than full screen mode. Many laptops do not allow that setting to be changed. .......That said.....just use the camera on your cell phone to snap a picture of what you want.

Second.....I have a baby game and can provide some of the pictures you are wanting, but I have not opened Three Prisoners/Three Dragons yet, nor has that game opened the Battle Pit/Castle Armory.

The Road Sign (above) becomes Gnome Road Sign during Level 31

The Prison Cell becomes Birdcage during Level 29

Dead Ambassador becomes Door Cache during Level 27

Fairy Sculpture becomes Elfish-Bas Relief during Level 27

Winter Garden becomes Summer Garden during Level 29

I forgot to get the picture of the Mirrors (it becomes Mirror Nave during Level 28) ..... and, of course, I cannot get the Battle Pit and Three Prisoners because I don't have them open on any current game.

In reply toRe: msg 6
LvlSlgr

Jun-27

AEGram said:

I see no reason to purchase some PC app for snipping pictures.

The free version of FRAPS that Nona suggested will work with MC. I've used it some since she recommended it to me. And as far as using your phone ... I don't use my phone for that sort of thing.  I know it's there, but I just don't do it.

In reply toRe: msg 6

I've been grabbing the game's window using the PRTSCR button and cropping it using a nifty little program called paint.net

I've only been interested in capturing the HOS's and the items. So far I have everything you can unlock in order up to level 55 saved (I also have a google doc with crafting item recipes along with their icon/artwork. I might post it when I'm closer to being caught up). 

In reply toRe: msg 5

JaineJ, Here is the Three Prisoners, then the Three Dragons:

I play the game on PC in windowed mode.  I have the Clipping Tool on the Task Bar and when I come upon a pic I want, I simply click on the Clipping Tool (which is set to a Rectangular Snip), then on New, then drag the box around the pick I want.  I paste it in a Word document where I can manipulate the brightness, size, etc.  Hope this helps.

JaineJ

Jun-28

Just wanted to say Thank You Very Much Everybody who helps me that is useful & helpful now I know how to use it, loves the pictures you print. Love you all x