Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Repeating DQs   Technical Issues

Started Jul-8 by LvlSlgr; 1578 views.
LvlSlgr

Jul-8

I know this topic has been discussed before but I couldn't find the thread. So I'm starting a new one.

Since the Spring Event ended I keep getting the same two DQs - 10-part What's Going On and 5-part Helping Hand. That was 7 weeks ago and I've had WGO 24 times and HH 20 times. At first every so often I would get a different one but not now. In the last 3 weeks I've had WGO 11 times and HH 10 times and nothing else. No break at all. Sometimes I will do these if Katrina is also asking for an airship. And if I do complete one well guess what comes up then? That's right ... if I completed WGO I get HH; if I completed HH I get WGO.

I've cleaned out my cache and my browser history but that hasn't helped. Do you think restoring the game would help? And yes, I have a current backup if anything goes wrong. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

In reply toRe: msg 1
LvlSlgr

Jul-8

LvlSlgr said:

Do you think restoring the game would help?

I used the wrong term here. I meant reinstall ... not restore. Anyway, I tried it ... uninstall/reinstall ... and didn't start the game back up until we rolled to a new day. I got the 5-part Birth of Goo this time. Hopefully, this did the trick. I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks all!

LvlSlgr said:

I got the 5-part Birth of Goo this time.

So did I...…………….

LvlSlgr

Jul-12

Okay, it's been 5 days since I uninstalled/reinstalled my game on July 9 (roll of GMT day) to see if I could get out the DQ loop I was in. Here are the results -

July 9 - 5-part Birth of Goo; 5-part Inspiration; 5-part Ancient Picture (I didn't record what came after this one)

July 10 - 5-part Helping Hand (I didn't attempt this)

July 11 - 3-part Strange Papers; 10-part What's Going On? (I didn't attempt this)

July 12 - 10-part What's Going On? (I went ahead and did it this time); 5-part Ancient Picture; 3-part Three Days of the Castle (I didn't attempt this)

July 13 - 10-part What's Going On? (I won't be doing this one.)

So I'm still getting the 10-part What's Going On? quite a bit and it's not a good sign that the last two days it's been the first one. I just know even though it's fairly easy to do I'm tired of sending airships ... especially 2 of them for the one DQ when Trinia isn't asking for them.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jul-12

I'm stuck on Something New.. or whatever it's called...... because it's NOT new! LOL. I go as far as I can, skip it when it wants airships..

LvlSlgr

Jul-12

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd) said:

because it's NOT new!

Sorry, but I had to laugh out loud at your comment! Good one ... lol

In reply toRe: msg 4
LvlSlgr

Jul-13

July 14 - 5-part Helping Hand ... again

This isn't looking good. disappointed

MCDeeDee

Jul-18

I've had Special Interest every day for weeks on my DeeDee game. At least no airships involved.

DeeDee/Diane(z)

LvlSlgr

Jul-18

Not so bad if it doesn't include an airship(s). Since I last posted I've had the 5-part Helping Hand every other day. I did it this time because Trinia wanted an airship also. On the other days I've been getting some very do-able 3-parters and 5-parters. One day I managed to complete 2 3-parters and 2 5-parters easily.

In reply toRe: msg 9
LvlSlgr

Jul-22

Apparently, I'm back in that loop of repeating DQs again.

July 9 - 5-part Birth of Goo; 5-part Inspiration; 5-part Ancient Picture (I didn't record what came after this one)

July 10 - 5-part Helping Hand (I didn't do this)

July 11 - 3-part Strange Papers; 10-part What's Going On? (I didn't do this)

July 12 - 10-part What's Going On? (I went ahead and did it this time); 5-part Ancient Picture; 3-part Three Days of the Castle (I didn't attempt this)

July 13 - 10-part What's Going On? (I didn't do this)

July 14 - 5-part Helping Hand (I didn't do this)

July 15 - 5-part Birth of Goo; 5-part Legendary Scroll

July 16 - 5-part Helping Hand (I didn't do this)

July 17 - 3-part Strange Papers; 5-part Legendary Scroll; 3-part Strange Papers (again); 3-part Competition

July 18 - 5-part Helping Hand

July 19 - 5-part Helping Hand; 3-part Competition

July 20 - 10-part What's Going On? (I didn't do this)

July 21 - 5-part Helping Hand

July 22 - 10-part What's Going On?

July 23 - 5-part Helping Hand (I won't be doing this)

So in the 15 days since I did the re-install, I've had the 5-part Helping Hand 7 times and the 10-part What's Going On? 4 times. That means only 4 days where I've had something different. This is really getting old. And it makes it so much harder to go into the game and play. I know a lot of you still do the rounds. That used to be the thing, but I just can't do that anymore.

As I said when I started this thread, I've cleaned out my cache and my browser history and now I've re-installed the game. I just don't know what else to do. At this rate, I'm getting frustrated to the point of thinking about giving up the game ... especially after the horrible experience with my "hijack" back in March.

• Edited July 22, 2019 9:48 pm  by  LvlSlgr