Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

problems closing midnight castle   Technical Issues

Started Jul-9 by THEdella; 765 views.
THEdella

Jul-9

Is anyone else having problems closing out Midnight Castle?  This happens because the game hangs up, usually when I click on my mail icon and I get the "Please Wait" message and it freezes there. I wind up having to re-boot my computer in order to sign out and sign back in again.  Just wondering if this is a tech issue?  I usually "friend" frequently and now am very reluctant to do so because of this issue (screen name is Della)

Over the last week this has been happening to me also.  It happens not only when I click on the mail icon or when I'm accepting/giving gifts, but at times when I switch private rooms to click on the butterflies.  I usually hit my "Windows Key" on my computer and then launch the Task Manager and end MC that way.

THEdella

Jul-9

One of my problems is that I cannot end Midnight Castle thru the Task Manager, ergo the reason to re-boot the computer.  This is what I don't understand.  I bring up Task Manager, click on Midnight Castle to end it and instead of ending the task, the "frozen" Midnight Castle re-appears in my window.  That's when I have to reboot

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jul-9

I have had this problem for a while now

I don't wait for the game to freeze on exit.

I go into Windows first by clicking my little 'flag' icon

Then I go into Task Manager (cntrl + alt + del) and close MC down in that

It works every time.

A frozen game though means a reboot.

LvlSlgr

Jul-9

Della, instead of bringing up Task Manager (after hitting ctrl+alt+del) click on "Sign out" and see if that works. I've used that before when MC froze up on me.

THEdella

Jul-9

It (the game) wont let me do that, that's why I have to reboot my computer

In reply toRe: msg 6
THEdella

Jul-9

The game will not allow me to quit nor sign out, that's why I am asking for help; it just freezes up and I have to re-boot  Just asking if anyone else has had this problem and how they fixed it.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jul-9

Sorry for the misunderstanding

I reboot!

(Its a pain in the a***!)

THEdella

Jul-9

I have done the ctrl/alt/del thingy several times and it just brings me back to the "frozen" screen so many times til I shut down the computer.  I am just wondering if this is a glitch with the latest update?  I am not computer stupid, so I know what to expect.  I just wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem before I send this to tech support?

THEdella

Jul-9

It will now let me click on sign out.  That's been the problem.