Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Please wait tie ups/receiving and sending gifts issues.   Technical Issues

Started Jul-10 by KNIMtheTOAD; 489 views.
KNIMtheTOAD

Jul-10

Gifting ties up with "please wait". Changing gifts on wish list "please wait".  Over and over.  Trying to log out takes so long have to "Ctrl Alt Delete. Or blind close out. I can play other games no problems but Midnight Castle is causing me stress. #@%*&#$@.

TOAD/Otter/Mouse 

In reply toRe: msg 1
KNIMtheTOAD

Jul-10

Adding to previous post.  I play on PC, 3 games on 2 computers and this happens with all Midnight Castle games.

TOAD/Otter/Mouse 

Di (amina046)

Jul-10

I always close MC using BF gamemanager and have no problems.

This happens to me frequently, especially when my connection to the server is weak. 

One thing to remember - once you try to delete something from your wishlist, if it doesn’t disappear right away DON’T DELETE IT AGAIN! This will definitely cause your game to freeze. Just exit the social page & collect flowers or something for a minute, then reopen the social page.

If it still doesn’t disappear, do a HOS & make sure you’re not the only one on the high score list.

If you’re #1 & all alone, you’re not connecting to the server. Time to get out. 

Katijay (Katijay46)

Jul-16

Di (amina046) said:

I always close MC using BF gamemanager and have no problems.

Are you closing your game in the game exit....the only way I have found to get a quick close and reopen is using the task manager....and are you experience the "please wait" freezes that a lot of us are having?....I can't remember the last time I was able to gift all 15 in either of my games.....I am beginning to wonder if someone has hacked elephant games....I wish they could give us a heads up as to what is going on...

Di (amina046)

Jul-16

Hi, I open MC with game manager, shows me if there is an update, I use the windows  

to put it down to the taskbar to close it, then close the manager. It sounds clumsy but I never has a please wait or freeze.

Katijay (Katijay46)

Jul-16

I use game manager to open the game, but close it down with task manager  and don't  have trouble with opening and closing, but the please wait freeze is constant everyday with opening my mail today I had to restart twice when trying to open my mail, I get the freeze when trying to gift, one time it was twice during one gifting session.  I have gotten the freeze visiting friends rooms (oddly this has not happened with my room or Johns!) so when I chase butterflies I use just my room and Johns...

Nona (Waldmeister)

Jul-17

I've used various open and options snd they don't seem to affect the freezing.

When I get a slow start by whatever means then I know it will temorarily slow down as soon as they use the keyboard. If starts by quickly getting to 59 fraps then I will have no keyboard issues. It seems to be related to the server - the previous one always started like a charm and some other did as well but the present one (I got with the one before spring update) is making me do up to 10 start attempts before I catch a decent one, sometimes I get one right away.

In game I have to be careful with changes to the wish list. If I remove a second item before the first one has vanished then it may cause a permanent freeze. Just closing out of the wish list always does the trick.

Otherwise I noticed an increase in "please wait" and "can't connect to the server" but no freezes.

No game progress lost that I noticed so far.