Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Old iPad to new   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Jul-15 by Tennco (carlyMC); 356 views.
Tennco (carlyMC)

Jul-15

I have the info on how to do this from aegram, but have a question.  Does Mc back up to game manager?  

My old iPad of 3 years has the battery moving the screen off the case so I bought a new one to replace before I lose it completely.

KatieAn56

Jul-20

Hi, I called Apple to find out if games back up to Game Center on iPads.  I was told no, Game Center only keeps stats, achievements.  iCloud or iTunes keeps a complete backup of your games.  Support on another game told me it backed up in Game Center but Apple says it does not.  Hope this helps. Have fun stormin' the castle.

Tennco (carlyMC)

Jul-21

Thanks for your response. I backed up to iCloud and was successful in getting it transferred.  I do have a question though on how to close the game out.  I usually just close it and swipe it off my screen iPad.  I’m wondering if that is the proper way to close out.  Thanks for your help

KatieAn56

Jul-21

You're welcome.  Glad you got it transferred. I just push the home button and then swipe it off my screen. I don't know any other way to close it out.  So far have had no problems. 

• Edited July 21, 2019 10:01 am  by  KatieAn56
Tennco (carlyMC)

Jul-21

I thought that was okay, but noticed when I transferred game, it had to download update to the game.  Made me think that I need to close it differently

KatieAn56

Jul-21

No, mine did the same when I got new iPad :)

Hi Carly, according to the Apple CS rep, double-click the home button & swipe off the screen is the only way to fully close any app.

When my 1st iPhone home button died, I had to replace the phone because I couldn’t close any apps without it - anything I opened stayed open in the background continuously. scream  

Enjoy your new iPad! 

Tennco (carlyMC)

Jul-23

Thanks Druid.  I got it done without any problem.  This is my 3rd iPad.  I had to upgrade for my first one. Second one is only three years old but it appears the battery is imploding and pushing my screen up.  My husband bought a laptop so i have started a new game on pc.  It is interesting to go back to the beginning.  I have some strategies I have learned to play my second game.