Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I'm Curious...   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Jul-18 by Siberlene; 812 views.
Siberlene

Jul-18

A friend of mine loves HOGs but she had never heard of Midnight Castle so I recommended it.

This had me wondering.  If a new player downloads the game, would he/she get the entire current content up to Level 91 or would he/she be subjected to the various updates that we've had to go through?

TIA,

Siber

A new player gets the entire contents up to the current point.  At various points in the game, you'll see "Must download next chapter."  But you hit download and the game just continues on from that point.  There is no waiting for updates up to where we are today.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jul-18

How does one avoid the must download, to get the blue key quests?

LvlSlgr

Jul-18

I hope I understand what you're asking. Are you saying you still want to be able to play the blue key quests - even when we have received an update for the story progress? If so, then -

In my case, if there is an update I always have to download and install it. If I don't then the game won't let me play until I do. However, I discovered with the last two story progress updates that as long as I don't start playing the new character quests then the blue key quests will remain.

I know someone will come in here and correct my answer or at least explain it better.

ETA: because I just went back and looked at the original post in this thread ... I'm not sure if that would work with someone who is just starting the game.

• Edited July 18, 2019 10:29 pm  by  LvlSlgr

That is my experience.  I have been holding myself at Level 80 (where the castle denizens are kids).  I have downloaded all of the updates since then and as long as I don't click on Young Chamberlin (exclamation point showing over his head) to continue on then my blue key quest are still there.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jul-18

My Twinkle game just got to lvl 50. 

I forget when the blue key quests start..... just know that I'm afraid to do the dreaded black weed part on Twinkle's game. (phone)

But would like to get the cool pets from the BK quests. When do they start?

My other games just played along and waited . Now that the current content is available, will I be able to wait on the twinkle game?

I believe they show up during Level 69.

Tammy is correct - once you get to level 69, you’ll have BKQs. They will continue until you get the item  (Ocean Guide) from the Ghostly Chest & use it to open Atlantis. Then they disappear. So if you want more BKQs, just don’t use the artifact. wink

They will reappear every time you reach a point where everyone was waiting for an update (like in level 72) even though you are able to continue advancing because the update is already there. You’ll just all of a sudden have characters with blue exclamation points over their heads! You have to watch for it.

The BKQs can continue indefinitely as long as you don’t accept the next Character Quest. As soon as you do, they disappear again until the next update-point. 

I don’t envy you going through the evil weeds part! It is NOT easy on an iPhone. Unique Dishes is especially awful. The Mine Cart is pretty bad, too. But thankfully they’re not in every scene. Good luck!