Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Girl Who Grew Up in Midnight Castle    Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/26/18 by Desertdruid (stillDruid); 33158 views.
In reply toRe: msg 52

One of the items that Rustle, the troll, needed was a Symbol of Holy Fire. This was not something that I had seen yet, and after some asking around, and searching, I found that there was a chest that had been covered before. This chest was in the Throne Hall across from the doorway to the Forbidden Tower. I had to offer the chest 5 items in exchange but once inside the chest I found the Symbol of Holy Fire . 

Rustle told me that he didn't need a human girlfriend, a lady troll would be better for him. He thought that she would be less demanding and would dream of the demon's eye. Then he said for me to not be scared, because he needed to practice his roar. And roar he did. Poor Rustle, he is sad because no one talks to him but me. 

He wants a pet goblin but would hate to feed him humans, but he needs to trap one first. So I helped him find the materials for a trap. While he was putting it together, he told me that I am a true friend. He also stated that an alchemist says he can cure him. Rustle said that if that alchemist lied, he would be crushed, and, I believe, so would the alchemist. For the ritual to cure him, Rustle needs the Book of Resignation and the Heavy Brass Cup. 

Right before my eyes, Rustle the Mountain Troll has turned into a human. He was so happy, he told me that he owed me one. Now he needs the Pedestal of Wit and the Chimeras Mask, as they are his human family artifacts. He said that his head has been spinning since becoming human again, but wants to know how he became a troll.

In reply toRe: msg 53

I could not believe that I saw Rustle, the Mountain Troll just turn into a man. Apparently the alchemist and the items that I retrieved for Rustle did the trick. They removed the curse from him! Rustle said that there is more he needs however. He is growing the blue crystal and hopes there won't be an explosion. He said that he has an idea about who turned him into a troll. He know things that belong to this person.  

After getting him the odd books, the Volume of Fury and the Blood Volume, he finally has an image of the traitor. That should stir his memory, he told me. And now he knows, it was the Chamberlain who cursed him! Then he told me to tread carefully with Lord Chamberlain.  

I knew that Lord Chamberlain was not someone to mess with, but considering the curse on the troll, and The Wise Dragon thinking that I will be murdered, I know that the less I have to do with Lord Chamberlain, the better. I had better watch my back with that one, He could be very dangerous. 

So I went back to my room in the castle. The little black kitten was still caring for the dragon egg. That was when a name for her popped into my head. Destiny! It was her destiny to come to the castle. It was also her destiny to keep that dragon egg warm. I was happy that she was finally going to get a name that she deserved. My little kitten, Destiny. I would loved to have held her and petted her, and played with her, but she would not leave her egg. I have a feeling that we do not have long to wait for our baby dragon. So I just petted her while she was keeping the egg warm. I told her that her name was now Destiny and it seemed that she agreed with that name. She dipped her head, and blinked her eyes, then licked my fingers that were petting her. I am glad that she likes her name. And when I touched the egg, I thought I could have felt some movement in the egg!

In reply toRe: msg 54

Today it was time to see the Wise Dragon. I needed to talk to him about the dragon egg that Destiny was hatching. I knew that today would be the day, because the way the egg was moving around, you could actually see the poor little kitten, bouncing around on the egg as she kept it warm. But the dragon would not let me speak. He told me to go see Valeria Steiner's ghost as she was burning for revenge. 

When I greeted Valeria, she asked me if the dragon sent me to her. When I said that he had, she told me that any help will do. Suddenly the fountain that was on the right side of the Dungeon of the Cursed, disappeared. In its place was a hole that she called a Battle Pit. No wonder I had seen a poor concrete job next to the fountain before. It was covering up the Battle Pit. 

Valeria still doesn't know the details of her death. Ghosts have no memories, but I can help her, she told me. She wants to find the villains who did this to her. She has been to the inn, she told me, and thought that Salty Took is now more humane. As I gathered the items she wanted, she complimented me on being fast and reliable. She thinks that Anabel envied her, and wants me to find proof of her guilt. The more items I gathered for her made her think that Anabel had a hand in her death. But the investigation must continue. She was complaining that it was difficult to be a detective when you can't pick anything up. Progress, she told me. She has now learned that Anabel is blameless. Now she doesn't know who to suspect. 

I went to see Professor Pinfeathers on my way to my room. He was very aware of the egg about to hatch, and told me not to worry about it. He would tell me what to feed the baby dragon, and what to do right away for it. What he didn't tell me was how to hide the dragon from my Mom.  

When I got to my room I saw that the dragon had broken it's shell and was peeking out of the egg. The kitten, Destiny, Professor Pinfeathers and I watched in amazement as the dragon continued to come farther out of the egg.

In reply toRe: msg 55

Oh what a cute angel she is! The baby dragon has finally arrived and she is an adorable angel. I have to find a name for her, Angel would be nice but I really don't think that Angel really fits a dragon. So I thought about it all day at school. This dragon needs a really unusual name. MarMarty wanted to call her Raptor, but I told him that Raptor is a dinosaur, not a dragon. As I was talking to my friends at school, I noticed that Diane was looking up a word on the computer. Looking over her shoulder, I saw that she was looking up the word Seraphim, and that it meant winged angel. Oh, I thought, that is a perfect name for my baby dragon. Thank you Diane, that was great! Of course, I couldn't tell her that I was using the name for a dragon, she would think I was nuts. I just told her that I thought Seraphim was a beautiful and unusual name. She said it was in one of her books she was reading. 

When I got home, I told Destiny, Professor Pinfeathers, the Wise Dragon, and the baby dragon, that her name will be Seraphim. The professor was a little doubtful about the angel part, but agreed to the name. The Wise Dragon thought that it was an excellent choice, and Destiny and the baby dragon nodded that it was a good choice. So Seraphim it is. 

I knew I needed to go back to Valeria Steiner's ghost, and when I got there she said that she wished she had my problems. She wants my problems? I inherited a castle that is full of magic, the inhabitants and all of their problems, I still have to go to school, and have homework and in my spare time, I have to help all of the inhabitants with their wants and desires, and now I have a baby dragon that I don't know what to do with or how to hide her from my Mom and Dad. Of course, I am not dead, nor am I a ghost, with no memory of who might have killed me. 

In reply toRe: msg 56

Poor Valeria Steiner, she first thought that Anabel had killed her, and found out that Anabel was innocent. Now she is trying to think of who else might have been responsible for her death. She told me that she was killed not far from the Castle Entry, and that we should question the knight. 

She needed some items from a place I had not been yet. Just past the doorway to the Forbidden Tower entrance is a room to the right, and just inside are several mirrors. Some are broken, and some have a kind of magic that makes them seem to break into several pieces when you look at them for a while. Between the mirrors, I found the items Valeria was looking for. According to those items she thinks that the knight is the culprit. "Good job", she told me. After a couple more items, she found that the knight is also innocent. 

It's all very weird, she told me, she saw traces of soot where she died. Does that mean that she was burned to a crisp by the dragon living in the tower? Apparently it was the dragon that killed her. He told her that he was only defending the Mystery Chamber. He knew that she had been planning to use it for evil wishes. "Tell the dragon I've learned my lesson," she said, "It's a pity that it was my last." After that she said goodbye. 

When I went back into my room, to wipe away the tears that I had shed for Valeria, I found that Mom could not see Seraphim. Destiny and Seraphim were both on my bed, and Mom could only see the little black kitten. Good, I thought, that solves one problem, but I still have to find out who is going to train this darling little winged angel so that she does not set my bed on fire when she learns to breath fire.

In reply toRe: msg 57

Oh my goodness! There is a bat in my belfry! No really, a real baby bat is in the belfry. I went up there to see if I could clean it up a little and this baby bat was flitting around me very close. I kept ducking to avoid it, but eventually he landed close by and was looking at me as if I was supposed to know what he was thinking. Soon Professor Pinfeathers came along and told me that this baby bat has travelled a long way to get here. This is where he is supposed to be. So I welcomed the little bat and thought, oh my. I am really going batty now. I need to come up with a name for this little fellow too. 

What a week, I thought. First we have to get a dragon egg from the woods, then we find a little black kitten whose job it was to hatch the dragon egg, and now I have bats in my belfry. Ok, so it is only one, I'm still going batty.

In reply toRe: msg 58

This afternoon, after school, I went back to see the Wise Dragon. He told me that the atmosphere in the Midnight Castle is much better and that everybody is happy. That makes the dragon feel happy too. As he gave me the Vial of Forgotten Memories, he told me that the flow of the River of Time is distorted. He feels that evil is nearby and that we have to deal with it. He was glad, however, that the ghost of the Innkeeper, Salty Took is much kinder than he was when he was alive. That happens, according to the Wise Dragon. Go to him the dragon told me. 

When Salty saw me coming, he told me that he could see that my misguided obsession with the Mystery Chamber hasn't let up. He wants the Vampire Sign and the Infusion of Suffering so that he can apologize to Valeria Steiner. Apparently she is still mad at him, and he needs more of my help. After gathering several items for him, he came back happy. He has made up with Valeria.  

Salty said that there are some advantages to being a ghost, and some disadvantages too. But that it is best to stay positive. He told me that he is really busy and that just because he was a ghost, he was not lazy. I found some more items for him and he told me that I could go now, he knew that I had many important things to do. And boy is he right. I still haven't thought of a name for the little bat. 

So I headed up to the belfry to see the little bat and got another surprize. Sitting in the belfry with the bat, was a little raven. I know that Professor Pinfeathers has already been to see the raven, because there, perched on his little beak, was a pair of glasses just like the professors. I know that he had to have given them to the little raven. After all, ravens are not born with glasses. Perhaps this raven is a little nearsighted. I guess I will find out eventually. Thankfully this raven has not yet learned to talk to me like the professor does. I don't know if I could take it if they both were cackling in each ear. This magic castle does seem to draw those to it who will be needed at some point. Welcome my new little raven. I just don't know what will be coming next. With the magic that this castle has, you never know what to expect.

In reply toRe: msg 59

As much as I try to avoid Lord Chamberlain, I knew it was time to go to him for his quests for today. He was in his usual snippish mood and told me that I had better be up to the task. According to him, he asks for such small favors from me. He did ask me how my "quaint" little quest to find the Mystery Chamber was going. I told him that I will eventually get there, and I thought to myself, if I can keep avoiding you, Lord Chamberlain. As my Mother had taught me better manners than that, I instantly regretted thinking that, even though I had not said it aloud. Lord Chamberlain said that although he did not want to distract me from my quest, there were some things he needed. And as his usual harshness came out again, he told me not to keep him waiting too long. 

Lord Chamberlain told me that I might even be a little smarter than my uncle, but he would not say any more about him. Maybe that thought cheered him up a little because he thought it was a great day for me to run his errands for him, but that I had to be swift. After I gathered his requests, he actually gave me his thanks. Which apparently was good for a mortal. Then he thought I looked like I needed something to do, and told me to remember that all of this is confidential and said that he was pleased with me, "in a minor way". I don't know why he thinks he has to talk down to everybody. He really isn't any better than any of the other residents here in the castle. But for now, I had to leave because my Mom was calling us all in for dinner.

In reply toRe: msg 60

When I returned to Lord Chamberlain, he acted as though he was pleased to see me. He called me the seeker of the Mystery Chamber. I wondered why he kept talking about me looking for the chamber, what was his reason for doing so? Then he surprised me by telling me that this castle needs my help. 

After I found more items for him, he said, "not bad, not bad". I believe that was high praise from him, and I smiled at him. Of course, he had to go and spoil it by telling me that he had better not praise me too much or I would get a swelled head. He supposed that I meant to stay on at the castle, and I nodded my head that I did intend to stay here. Then he supposed that I would want a celebration in my honor. I had never even thought of such a thing, but he was still carrying on about that. "Do you know how much food we would need for the guests?" he asked. I think he was remembering back in the olden days, when there were a lot of people coming to the castle as guests for celebrations. Then he seemed to come back to the present and after a few more quests, I returned to him and he told me that he was grateful that I didn't fail. He called me his little explorer and eventually told me that I could go back to the dragon and tell him that he was satisfied with my service.

In reply toRe: msg 61

So I went back to the Wise Dragon and told him that Lord Chamberlain was satisfied with my service. The dragon told me that it is so nice when people stop hiding their thoughts, and asked me to please accept the last vial, The Vial of Mind-blending Memories. 

Professor Pinfeathers told me that the dragon has many memories but he's very disagreeable. Personally, I found that he is just very changeable. One time he is pleasant, and the next time he might be a little disagreeable. Anyway, the professor told me to combine the last vial of memories into the larger vial and use it. I did not know what he meant by use it, but I soon found out. Apparently, according to the professor, Valeria was protecting a hatch in the center of the room in the Dungeon of the Cursed. He said that we need to find the key to open the hatch, as it must lead to the Mystery Chamber. The vial of all of the memories made Valerias ghost disappear from in front of the hatch. What appeared was what the professor referred to as the Rainbow Charm of Blossoms, which will open that hatch, when it is complete. So now that I have acquired the charm, I must collect all of the pieces before I can finally get to the Mystery Chamber. 

The professor says that the charm is not as simple as it may seem. Valeria sacrificed her spiritual soul to reveal the hatch. Perhaps, if I help the Iron Knight, he will find the Red Tail for me. 

As I went to the knight, he told me that it was good that I was passing by, because he had a favor to ask of me. He is unable to find the Symbol of Secret Confession and the Symbol of Holy Fire. I found the first one in what was called the Binding Egg, in the Ice Rock in a tree above the human that once was Rustle, the Mountain Troll. The second item I found in the Chained Chest in the Throne Hall. The knight couldn't find them because the Binding Egg had not been there before. It appeared just as I entered the Ice Rock. Again, the magic of this castle amazes me. 

The knight said that he saw Anabel and she is as beautiful as ever, but that he could not get distracted from his duties. So I found more items for him and he continued to hold and smell that rose he keeps carrying around with him. He thought I was very skillful at finding those items and asked me if I ever considered being a knight. As far as I knew, I thought knights were always men, but maybe they have decided to let women become knights too. I will have to consider this.