Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of Dhyani, etc. Out for 1 Week++   Friends

Started Aug-2 by Dhyani (Dhyaniland); 1676 views.

I forgot to post about my very busy week or two, but did edit my Castle nametags.

Dad and I are FINALLY building a carport (to replace the one snow-crushed one).  Picked up the kit on Tuesday, been busy leveling the ground this week, and will hopefully start the build tomorrow, or maybe Monday?  I'm hoping for a bit of rain over the weekend so I can catch up on some sleep.

Anyway, I'm running around like I have a pinball up my ass, and trying to shake this bastard migraine, so I'll be luckly to make it into my games daily.

If they go Red, I'm still here.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

katiek2

Aug-2

Good luck on the carport Dhyani, and best of luck getting rid of that migraine.  You're not on my Friends list (how on earth did I miss you?), but I love reading your posts, they remind me a lot of my own life.  Just substitute DH for Dad!!!

Thanks, Katie!

We hired a couple of guys to help put up the carport.  Now Dad wants it moved six inches to one side and six inches back.  ARRRRGGGGGHHHH!

AND now he doesn't want to put shelving in the back as we planned (this carport is 10 x 20 feet) because he wanted to clear out/bring home crap from a storage unit he pays for.

Why no shelving, you ask?  Because in case he gets trapped inside and there's a FIRE, he want to be able to cut his way out the back.  WTF?  The entry is 10 feet wide.  The cover material is polyvinyl.  A fire would melt it, right?  AND 3 feet out the back is a 20 some foot drop off.  He's fallen down it before.  What we NEED is a fence behind the carport so that damn fool can't fall down the hill again. 

For the life of me I can't imagine why he would get trapped or why there would be a fire.  Nothing flammable will be in there.  But I'll run to WallyWorld, Costco or Home Depot in a few days and grab a fire extinguisher.   And I'll hang a blade of some sort on a cord in the back.  Jesus Christ.

*sigh* 

Having a slight reprieve from the migraine at the moment.  But, tomorrow is another day . . . (shudder)

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom

P.S. Sorry to hear your DH is like Dear Old Dad.  As far as I can tell, they only get worse.  I dream of a sweet, compliant Dad ~ LOLOLOLOL!!!!

Theo (TheoMC)

Aug-4

Oh my, Dhyani! I was about to say good luck with the carport ... now it is more like good luck with Dear Old Dad!! Sending good vibes your way! Take a deep breath, relax, take another deep breath ... (and think about drinking at least 2L water for - or against! -  your migraine, it might help...) four_leaf_cloverkissing_heartfour_leaf_clover

If only dehydration was the issue!  I drink water ALL DAY LONG and herbal teas. Two cups of coffee only.  

Multiple brain injuries, spinal damage over the years.  Had to learn to walk and talk again THREE TIMES.  Post-Concussive Disorder, PTSD, Chronic Anxiety, yadda yadda, the list goes on and on.  Just call me Timex!

Good thing I have Mild Hypomania.  We used to call that Type A Personality.  I wake up like l'm shot out of a cannon, hit the floor at a dead run.  Go Go Go all day.  Sleep?  Well, that's a crapshoot.

Mom used to say:

You know Dhy, you run around this house doing 16 things at once.  But Darlin', if you want to be 100% efficient, as you're running back and forth, you need to shove a broom up your ass and sweep the floor at the same time!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

In reply toRe: msg 5

Dad just told me he's going to call the Sheriff and throw me out.

Why?  Well, we're trying to design a fence or handrails at the top of the dropoff  behind this GD carport.  I told Dad I would assess the area, and he FORBADE me to do it.  I said, I can do it safely, so if you want to watch, come on out with me.

I went out, put a pad on the gravel. got on my knees and easily/safely reached down and cleared out a bunch of 2x2s that he was storing there under a tarp. Most of them are wet and have rot. 

Anyway, after pulling them out and seeing there is a GOOD place to sink some poles, put up a fence, I came in and told Dad.

He went out and, of course, didn't say thank you, boo or kiss my ass.  What he did say is that HE TOLD ME NOT TO DO IT AND HE WAS GOING TO CALL THE SHERIFF AND HAVE ME REMOVED.

He told me I was NOT to go outside . . . my job is to clean the house.  Like I don't do that.

What an ASSHOLE.

Of course, the Sheriff would not remove me.  Although I do not have a Rental Agreement (Dad refuses, because the wants to be able to throw me out at his discretion)  I have lived at this house for 11 years, receive mail, have DPOA, yadda yadda.

I would LOVE to live elsewhere, have my own life again.  He'll have to legally serve me with a 30-Day Notice as is required by Washington State Law.

Good thing most of my stuff is still packed.

Will he actually do this?  I doubt it. But when he goes off like this, he usually starts destroying my possessions.

. . . and now it's time to make his lunch.  Since he's so full of shit, I'll love to slip in some Ex-Lax, but that would only create ANOTHER mess for ME to clean up.

*sigh*

(Oh, and he doesn't want me to talk on my cell phone, play games on my Computer, I'm NOT allowed visitors, and NOT allowed to talk to the workers)

AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

Oh, crap, he's yelling about something . . . BBL

Nona (Waldmeister)

Aug-5

Dhy, you're a saint. innocent

There is no way I would put up with this for 11 years. My mom is difficult too but mostly sleeps - so not that much potential for messing things up. Even with my health (which delivered the next nasty turn just after the last has been taken care of) I can still cope with it and she has been wonderful for almost 90 years so I have to cut her some slack.

Your dad on the other hand... Do take care of yourself and make sure you have a live of your own. And a good one as that. You deserve it.

All the best.

Thanks, Nona!

And this is not just been 11 years.  He's been this way his entire life.  A couple of times in my 30's Dad 'helped' me move.  HE THREW OUT SEVERAL BOXES OF MY CLOTHES.  I didn't notice it the first time until later, and he said it was a mistake.

After the 2nd time he 'helped' me move, he tossed more of my stuff.  That was the last time I let him get his hands on my stuff . . . until I moved in to care for Mom back in 2012.  

He was neglecting Mom sooooo badly, I just couldn't take it.  I didn't have time to put my stuff in storage.  Gave away most of it to the other Tenants who were THRILLED, and moved in immediately.  Took me only 1 day to clear out my apartment, cleaned it spotless, got my deposit back.  The Manager cried . . . she really didn't want me to leave. 

So, what I have left is precious.  I know it's just stuff, but goddammit, it's MY stuff.

Did I mention that not only was I maintaining my own apartment, running to the Folks to cook, clean, shop, care for Mom . . . I was also running over to Dad's twin brother's house and doing the same for him and my (favorite) Cousin Bruce who was crippled up so badly with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  

No rest for the wicked, right?

Mom, Uncle Bob and Bruce all passed away in a 2ish year span.  Now I'm left with Dear Old Dad.  He's just too mean to leave this mortal coil.

I care for him in honor of my Dear Mom.

If it wasn't for all my WONDERFUL FRIENDS here in this Forum, I would absolutely lose my mind.

AAAACCCK ~ now I only have 10 minutes to make Dad's breakfast.  Then the shit show begins for the day . . . *sigh*

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

TinyFaerie
Staff

Aug-5

I can attest to how he treats her. I have been on the phone with her many times with him having a go at her. But to her credit she can give back what he dishes out. 

Dyhani your one tough cookie and thats why I love ya.

Yeah, sorry you have to bear witness to that crap so often.

To prepare for the day, I listen to this EVERY morning.  It has become my Anthem:

Suicidal Tendencies - You Can't Bring Me Down [UNCENSORED MUSIC VIDEO]

I got sick of watching this music video on YouTube and having the last verse (one of my favourite verses in any song) censored out. So I decided I'd fix that...

The lyrics are pretty fast, so here they are:

What the hell's going on around here?
First off-let's take it from the start
Straight out-can't change what's in my heart
No one-can tear my beliefs apart, you can't bring me
You ain't-never seen no one like me
Prevail-regardless what the cost might be
Power-flows inside of me, you can't bring me
Never-fall as long as I try
Refuse-to be part of your lie
Even-if it means I die, you can't bring me
You can't bring me down!
Who the hell you calling crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson
...was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch
Time out-let's get something clear
I speak-more truth than you want to hear
Scapegoat-to cover up your fear, you can't bring me
You ain't-never seen so much might
Fight for-what I know is right
What up-you got yourself a fight, you can't bring me
Stand up-we'll all sing along
Together-ain't nothin' as strong
Won't quit-we ain't in the wrong, you can't bring me
You can't bring me down!
So why you trying to bring me
So why you trying to bring
Well you can't bring me down
Just cause you don't understand what's going on
...don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it,
...don't mean it ain't no good
And let me tell you something
Before you go taking a walk in my world,
...you better take a look at the real world
Cause this ain't no Mr. Rogers Neighborhood
Can you say "feel like shit?"
Yea maybe sometimes I do feel like shit
I ain't happy about it, but I'd rather feel like shit
...than be full of shit!
And if I offended you, Oh I'm sorry
But, maybe you needed to be offended
But here's my apology and one more thing...Fuck you!
Cause you can't bring me down
Suicidal!!!!