Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Airship Item Swap   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Aug-4 by CzoeMC; 916 views.
CzoeMC

Aug-4

So, I have less than half of the Bronze Amphora, than I do of Genie's Lamp, and decided, (after not having a wish list up for ages), to put the Amphora, only for my wish, with a message after my name, "SwpLamp4AmphOnly".

Do you think that this could be an effective way for some of us to, perhaps, equalize our airship inventory?  I often gift with no wish list, and don't want to have to send gifts that I can ill afford to lose, just for a airship item, if the person gifting me doesn't have a Lamp on THEIR wish list.

Any thoughts on whether this type of trade, or the decorum about it, would be appreciated.

In reply toRe: msg 1
LvlSlgr

Aug-4

Sure, I'll send you the Amphora and the Genie Lamp is usually on my wish list because I seem to always be low on that. I'll try and remember to send you one in the next gifting session.

Absolutely, it is totally fine! 

I frequently do this - put the airship I have least of on my wishlist & give the ones I have most of. Because if they are out of balance, the one you need will not drop & you’ll get more & more of the one you already have more of. 

I also do this with pet food. 

Nona (Waldmeister)

Aug-5

Principally ok but even though you could all write it that doesn't mean it all shows to your friends - the "nly" is cut off, so you might skip the Only.

I can send you an occasional lamp - no need to gift back, I'm already so indebted to you and been only given a chance during seasonal events to catch up a little.

CzoeMC

Aug-5

I am indebted to those that helped me along, and pay forward (or backward?), because loving u all. And am SO happy to see my friends advance!

I am at the point, hard striven for, where I don't need anything I can't get for myself. For convenience sake, during competitions, it is nice to have a little help from friends to collect a certain item, without so much time spent.

The airship imbalance has been bothering me, though, since during CCs, it seems that the one I have least of, is the one that is wanted in nearly every transport. :::sigh:::

It would be nice, though, if gifts sent were understood to be traded for the item offered. Don't know if anyone has "forum formalized" this type of operation. Just a stab in the dark, here...

*Never mind, this whole thread was a waste of time, as I was inundated with Amphorae, and NEVER wanted people to think that they owe me something, and I can't even keep track of it all.

Thinking that, in advice in the old forum, someone said to send excess airship items off, even without being in a quest, like just add them to a ship, and it will sail, eventually, and you get, something for it. Thus creating, after some time, a more balanced inventory.  I am sure that another could explain this strategy better.

*Going to try it, and see how it goes. I will further dramatize my findings in future investigations of the subject.

• Edited August 5, 2019 5:26 pm  by  CzoeMC
In reply toRe: msg 5
CzoeMC

Aug-21

By sending off the wildly excessive inventory of cargo, in an unasked for ship, the top four of my inventory are pretty much stabilized, and the one I had the least of, is slowly creeping up to over 50% of the others, rather than under...

Maybe if I only do Airship requests that don't include THAT one, a balance might be established, but who knows? confused nose

In reply toRe: msg 6
LvlSlgr

Aug-21

Sounds like a plan ... but you know the Airship is almost always going to want whatever you have the least of. It just seems to work that way.disappointed

CzoeMC

Aug-22

True, I consider myself fortunate to have enough inventory to even experiment with this, having given up on any of the quest achievements in my lifetime (and I'm rather youthful), and only using the items during Events and CCs. wink

In reply toRe: msg 8
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Aug-22

I've been keeping airship items on my wishlist so I have enough to gift to friends. Seems like everyone needs them! Would be happy to help you if you would have a list up Czoe grin