Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Any One Tired of this Challenge?   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Aug-13 by diamondgrlva; 2247 views.
diamondgrlva

Aug-13

I personally am not doing the remainder of the challenge because of the extreme use of  Airship items.  Wondering if I am the only one that feels this way?

I decided not to play it at all.  In fact, there are several of the challenges I've let go.  The avatars don't interest me and the voracious appetite of these challenges is just too rich for my blood!  LOL

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Aug-13

I'd just like to know what the avatars have to do with the game? Anyone have any ideas?

AEGram

Aug-13

Avatars are just another way for players to express themselves.

Most of the avatars created are not to my liking......but they must be liked by some because those people have chosen to display them.

Regarding the Castle Challenges.....they are purely optional busy work to fill the time.....they serve no purpose in the game.....so, if someone checks through the challenge and decides it isn't for them, they lose nothing by bowing out. ....I doubt the Devs expect everyone to play every Challenge......But, for those who want to, it's something to do while they wait for new content.

I'm not pleased with most of the CCs they create....there is always something within them that I find unreasonable. And there are very few of the avatars that I care about.....BUT I want all of my avatars unlocked. It's just part of my obsessive nature regarding this game.....if I CAN do it, I want to.

In the case of this particular CC.....yes, I agree that it's way too heavily reliant on airship sending......this is a great burden for lower level players who have difficulty getting 500 wheels for one task.......When each of those days came up, I just didn't do that task until Trina asked for 300 wheels (or a DQ asked for wheels) ..... by putting those with the CC, I feel I was really working on DQs and Trina's achievements and the CC was riding along for free.

Just depends on how you look at it, I guess.

Nona (Waldmeister)

Aug-13

I have been extremely unmotivated since the end of the spring event and not even the anniversary room or the CC could rouse my interest for more than a few days. Even hunting morphs was more of a chore and I had always enjoyed those.

I only wanted to send airships in line with a Trina quest but she constantly asks for ZZs and I am thoroughly bored with HOS and ZZs. Am days behind in the challenge and ask myself why bother?

I think the last puzzle I did was around xmas. Achievements had kept me going but after one year of playing (and the latest furniture increase) I have only the stage 3 DQs, 2+3 Trinas and 3 Market Master left and I won't be able to finish most of them anyway. Some players get a kick out of becoming coin millionares but I never cared. Hit the million mark lately by accident.

I NEVER DO THE CC, AND HAVE DONE ALL THE PUZZLES ONLY BECAUSE THEY ARE THERE TO BE DONE.  I RARELY DO ONE AFTER I HAVE FINISHED GETTING THE PIECES.  THE ROOMS I DO OFF AND ON DURING THE EVENT.  THE FALL, WINTER, AND SPRING EVENTS I DO A LOT OF ROOMS.  THAT IS WHEN I WORK ON LEVELING UP.  SO THE BIG COIN IS HELPFUL.  I HAVE NOT EVEN WORKED ON LEVELING UP WITH THIS EVENT.   SUMMER IS MY BUSY TIME.  SCHOOL IS OUT AND THE BOY IS HOME.  WE SPEND A GOOD DEAL OF TIME TOGETHER.   TOMORROW SCHOOL STARTS AGAIN FOR HIM.   WILL TAKE A FEW DAYS TO GET INTO THE SWING AGAIN.  QUIET DAYS AND BUSY NIGHT.   HOMEWORK WARS.   GOT TO LOVE IT.   BEFORE LONG HE WILL NOT WANT TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME WITH ME.   HE IS 13 THIS YEAR.   THEY GROW SO FAST. 

ARIZONA (ARIZONA9)

Aug-14

I HOPE FOR YOU AND THE BOY THAT HE WILL GROW TO LOVE THE TIMES HE WAS ABLE TO SPEND WITH YOU...…….HOMEWORK WARS AND ALL .

I CHERISH THE TIMES I WAS ABLE TO SPEND WITH MY OWN GRANDPARENTS. I WISH THEY WERE STILL HERE SO I COULD TELL THEM .

I'm right there with you, Nona.  It's taken me over 5 years to get 3 million and most of that is solely due to the events.  I figure why work so hard for coins you're never going to spend.  And I didn't even have enough gold keys from Trina for the Anniversary Room.  So I had to play her to get them and I wasn't at all happy with the constant 50 HOSs and 20ZZs.  Not to mention the airships.  Nope, won't ever complete those achievements.

For me, the game started as a gothic romance mystery type thing and somehow or other morphed into fairy tales, Wizard of Oz and children.  Not to mention Hansel and Gretel, Storyteller Cat and a Genie!  LOL

CindyK65

Aug-15

I’m having a hard time with this CC and event, too. I’ve only been playing since the SE last year and zoomed right thru that CC & event. Since then, every CC gets more and more expensive. I would like to finish, but just can’t make sense out of using so much inventory for an avatar. I’m days behind in the CC, haven’t searched the event HOS very much, and have even missed gifting times, putting me behind there. Hope I get it all together soon!

Yes, very unreasonable demand of airship items plus the morphing object tasks are very unfair and inconsiderate to those who simply can't spot them as well as others.

The CCs are getting tiresome and repetitious ---- time to rethink how they are done, IMO.