Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help...Lost game   Technical Issues

Started Aug-16 by fishypool; 931 views.
fishypool

Aug-16

I just lost my game. Went to bigfish and downloaded mc and of course am back to level one. Can I get my game back as I was at level 93, or am I back at the begining

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-16

Howdy fishpool!

This 'start from scratch' glitch is affecting SOOOO many players!

If you are playing on PC and have a recent backup of your MC 'progress' or a recent backup of your PC to external storage, you may be able to Restore your Castle yourself.

I have to run for about an hour, but if you Reply back to my post advising what platform you play on (PC, iOS, Android) the collective 'we' can give you instructions.

Some players with this reset to Level 1 issue have contacted Big Fish Customer Support and have had varying results getting their Castles FULLY restored.

Elephant Games Support (which, if you can't restore your Castle yourself) is THE WAY to go!!!

Here's the link:

http://elephant-games.com/game-support/

Take a deep breath . . .

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

fishypool

Aug-16

Thanks for your help. I play on pc and do not have a backup. I lost my game once before and someone helped me get in touch with the developers (I think). Would love to get my game back since I was at level 93 and doing the cc. Thanks again for anything you can do.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-16

Elephant Games Support (which, if you can't restore your Castle yourself) is THE WAY to go!!!

Here's the link:

http://elephant-games.com/game-support/

After you get your Castle restored, please consider making regular backups.

Find AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\MIdnight Castle.

When I make a backup I copy the ENTIRE Elephant Games folder, paste it to my Desktop and Rename the Folder like:  Elephant Games Dhyani Aug 16

I usually make backups of ALL my Castles (13) at least once/week, but during Events I do it more frequenty since there's a big demand on the the EG Server(s).

So, I end up with 2 or 3 recent backups of EACH Castle at any given time, and the Name & Date REALLY helps.  

I will also copy/paste the most recent backups to a Flash Drive.  That's where having the added Name & Date really helps cuz Murphy's Law reminds not to depend on only ONE backup that could also be wonky.

When you need to Restore your game, simply swap your most recent GOOD backup in AppData\Roaming. 

Copy your GOOD backup and paste it into AppData\Roaming.

Delete the existing wonky one called Elephant Games (it will be in your Trash until you Empty your Trash)

THEN I Rename my GOOD backup to edit out the Name & Date I added ~ so the folder says Elephant Games.

Launch MC and your progress will be Restored at the point of the backup you used.

Does that make sense???

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboomwi

It may sound daunting to make a backup of your MC 'progress' but it really only takes about a minute.  Well worth the effort when the inevitable glitch hits.  After you make a few backups, it will become second nature.

Good Luck!

I'm sending you a PM.

Darlene2436

Aug-17

I lost my game again I'm at level one. I already sent the email to Elephant games.. I'm so frustrated. My daughter is in Chicago for the last 2 weeks,she is coming home Monday, we made plans for her to come for dinner on Tuesday and back up my computer...… 

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-17

OH NO ~ NOT AGAIN (AGAIN)

I thought one of your friends (someone other than your Daughter) was coming over several days ago and was going to make a backup for you?!?!?

I don't see you in my Friends List, so your game likely has the same old Game ID and you need to play it up to Level 6 for the Social Page for the Friends List, and 13 for the Private Rooms.

Yes, I'm glad you went straight to Elephant Games, because they should be made aware this is happening waaaaay to often to so many of us.

Again, Darlene, fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you.  

You've been through the mill with this crapola.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

I'm so sorry this has happened to you again, hope you're back soon.

So I've had my game open since the new game day started (7pm) so you're still showing at Level 93.  However the weird thing is that you moved up in my private room list to right after John.  

Darlene2436

Aug-17

When I lost the game I was at the last of the list in the private rooms I have 124 friends but just for events.  The same message came up.We are having a problem try again later.   I hope the Elephant support can bring me back to level 93, last time it was level 91 and it took me a few days to get to the higher level. Ok by putting me next to John are they trying to make me fell better.... , it's not working.

Theo (TheoMC)

Aug-17

ARGH!! I just noticed you had disappeared from my game! sobsob

Well done on contacting EG immediately, useless to go to BFCS. I definitely agree with Dhy, we see too many messages of players having lost their game progress (just imagine the number of ones who do not know about the forum...). They really need to find the problem and fix it as quickly as possible.

Good thing that we know they are reliable and reactive!

Everything-I-can-cross crossed Darlene!! Hopefully they will sort things out for you really quick even if it is the weekend (Russia is awake, so time is on your side). Keep us informed! four_leaf_cloverfour_leaf_cloverfour_leaf_clover

Darlene2436

Aug-17

Marge came over I think she knew less than I did,but she meant well. When I asked her how she did hers she said my husband did mine and I thought I would remember how to do it.  No she didn't remember......