Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lost game so....HELP   Technical Issues

Started Aug-19 by fishypool; 739 views.
fishypool

Aug-19

Lost my game so am starting over waiting for help from cs. Really could use some friends with any parts etc. you have to spare. 

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-19

Oh, Good Lord ~ you lost your game AGAIN? astonished

So, you got it back after you lost it on August 14th? And then lost it again today, 5 days later?  This HAS GOT to be a record.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you, fishypool cry

Sending you ( ( ( H U G S ) ) )

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

P.S.  I'm unclear about what happens to Gifts you receive on the NEW Castle ID .  I was under the impression that when BFCS merges your OLD Castle onto the NEW Game ID, that it wipes out whatever you accumulated on the New Game (coins, diamonds, Pets, Achievements, etc.  . . . basically everything.)

And you'll have to Re-Invite your Friends.  

But I could be wrong (not about the Friends, though)

Anybody know what happens to a NEW Castle's stuff when BFCS merges the Castles??

fishypool

Aug-19

Dhyani, no I haven't lost it again. I am working on a new game until cs gets back to me. I have replied to one email from them and am killing time with another game until then. I am know as Player ID # 825795, hopefully I can get my original game back soon. It's weird though, it seems (I think) I have some things from level 93 that I shouldn't (?) have on level 13. I'm probably just losing my mind in all this mess. :0

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-19

OK, so . . . you still have your original Game ID? It sounds like that's what you're saying.

And if you've played up to Level 6 you should have the Social Page/Friends List available.

If BFCS tries to tell you they can't Restore your game, I would contact Elephant Games Support . . . they should be made aware that this glitch is WIDESPREAD!

Sooooo frustrating!

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed for you!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-19

Ok, so you Replied to the Automated Response.

Since you still have your original Game ID, you didn't lose your Game.  You lost your Game's progress.

Since you are up to Level 13, you SHOULD be able to see ALL your Friends.

And you should also be able to access the Private Rooms.

I STRONGLY recommend Replying EVERY DAY to BFCS.  Advising them of the changes you are seeing,

There has been varying degrees of restoration with BFCS over the past several months (maybe longer).

Elephant Games Support will be able to find a recent progress, where I fear BFCS may not be able to find it. 

When BFCS told Darlene they couldn't find her Game, EG restored Darlene's Level 93 game back to Level 91, what, last week?  But she was hit with another glitch and is back to Level 1 AGAIN!!! 

And Meek's Game was Reset back to Level 1 AGAIN.

So, even if BFCS manages to restore some of your progress, like I said before, EG really should be make aware that this glitch is pervasive.

So, you're not even opening your Castle every day?  Since you posted your Game ID, you'll likely get a TON of Invites.

I'm curious . . . what other game are you killing time with?

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

fishypool

Aug-19

No, I don't have my original game or ID #. The game I am playing now is a whole new one and the only friend I  have is John. Yes, I can access the other rooms from my private room and catch a lot of butterflies but that's about all.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Aug-19

I see, so BFCS will merge your original Game's progress onto the New Game ID.  

So, the question remains (in my mind anyway) what will happen to the progress & Gifts you are accumulating when the 'merge' takes place.

My gut says you won't retain the Inventory Items have been and are receiving as Gifts on the new Game ID up to the time of the merge.

At least, that's what has happened in the past.  Who the hell know now???

*sigh*

BFCS has told others that they CAN'T transfer over the Achievements & Avatars.  But several others complained, jumped up and down and threw dirt, and SOME of them WERE transferred during the merge.

So put your lobbying boots on and squeaky wheel your FULL Game Merge/Restoration/Transfer.  AND they should throw a boatload of Coins and Diamonds your way, IMHO.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

fishypool

Aug-19

I can only hope I end up with something as far as all that goes, time will tell. How do I contact Elephant Games CS anyway?

Playbelle

Aug-20

Hi, sorry about your game.  I've merged games twice now when my old computers crashed, but I've never mysteriously lost progress.  In both cases, they merged my games within a couple days, no problem.  I did have my old player ID #s, so that made it much easier for them to help me.  Based on my experience, here's what you should expect:

-You will keep your new ID (your Level 13 one), which is why you won't get your friends back automatically; friends are based on Player ID #s.

-Your coins, crystals, diamonds, achievements, pets, avatars, opened rooms, etc. should all be there after the transfer.  I just merged my games on my new laptop last month, so this information is current.  They DO have the ability to transfer all this stuff, so push back if they tell you they can't.

I think they should be able to merge your accomplishments in the new game with your old one, but my crashes weren't in the middle of a special event or castle challenge, so I'm not certain.  You might have to specifically ask them to help on that one, so I advise replying on your ticket NOW to make sure they save the anniversary stuff for you before the transfer.

Any chance you shared your last ID# somewhere in order to request new friends?  This forum or the old Big Fish forum maybe?  Anything with that old ID# in the "Sent" folder of your email from past service requests (since you say it's crashed like this before)?  That's how I found my old ID# the first time (most  people don't delete messages in their "Sent" folder very often).  Now I write down my IDs and my friend IDs and keep the list where I can find it and I encourage everyone to do the same.

To get help, I contacted the Big Fish site rather than Elephant Games.  You probably used it already, but just in case, here's that link:

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope at least some of this helps.  The only other thing I can offer is to be a new friend.  I'm guessing you're talking about a PC game.  I welcome friends who are long term players.  My ID is 8819061.

Best wishes for getting your game back!  relaxed

• Edited August 20, 2019 4:17 am  by  Playbelle