Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Destiny Key Quest Won't Go Away   Technical Issues

Started Sep-16 by WeekleyB2; 1662 views.
WeekleyB2

Sep-16

This happened to me a while ago and I just kind of ignored it, but my OCD has kicked in and it has started to bug me.  Just before the Iron Knight disappears from the Dark Tower Hall I had a Destiny Key Quest from him.  I completed it but did not return to the Knight to get my reward right away--it had been one of several Destiny Key Quests I was working on and had been pushed off my screen.  After he disappeared the quest still showed on my screen but when I tried to "go to" him it just takes me to the empty spot where he used to be.  I was hoping that when he returned at the Frosty Fort all would be well, but no such luck.  Has anybody else had this problem and how did you solve it?  I haven't approached customer support yet because I didn't want to take the chance of a reset that would wipe out my progress.  I am playing on a 6th Gen iPad and just reached the hold point for level 93.

Bill

i2687110

I'm really just guessing but I think you might have to wait for the Destiny Key quests to return to the Knight before you can finish.  It's always best to finish whatever quests are open, whether storyline or blue key, because they can rotate at any given time.  I don't know if customer support can really do anything since what you have is a blue key quest waiting to be finished, or redeemed.  I would just ignore it (easier said than done, I know) and see if the blue key quests return to the Knight.

GinnyTLC

Sep-19

I had the same thing and was stuck in the key quest and contacted EG to get out of it. When it got fixed I still had the Iron Knight till I just lost my game. Besides Having The Iron Knight in side bar with no Knight in sight I also didn't have any Trina quest. Contacted EG about that and just got that fixed yesterday and lost my game last night, be careful of bad loading game. back up your game.

Grams G.G. no game :( 

• Edited September 19, 2019 8:14 pm  by  GinnyTLC
MeekMonkey

Sep-30

I hope I get out of my situation with the destiny quest. I am level 85 I have to do the ocean guide. I have a finished Iron Knight blue quest and no Iron knight in sight. As well as 2 quests for Henry one blue and one orange. I figure I leave Blue quest Henry alone I keep doing the main game quest I should be able to finish. I am very close to the end of level 85. I hope it fixes it self when I download the next chapter.

AEGram

Sep-30

MeekMonkey said:

I hope I get out of my situation with the destiny quest. I am level 85 I have to do the ocean guide.

Level 85 and having to do the Ocean Guide do not compute.

Ocean Guide is received from the Ghostly Chest during Level 71. You cannot proceed beyond that level until you secure the item (Ocean Guide)....therefore, you cannot still need to do/get the Ocean Guide and be on Level 85.

In reply toRe: msg 5
MeekMonkey

Oct-2

Sorry got the goal wrong was thinking about my Aly game with the ocean guide This Is about where I am in my meek game

Drake/Adora - Henry (7 tasks) & Look through Magic World Map
Henry - Cinderella's Carriage (2000) & Sabre of the Avenger (3600)
Henry - Open: Weeping Face (7000) & Kaleidoscope of Memories (2500)

AEGram

Oct-2

This is what you have coming:

Drake/Adora - Henry (7 tasks) & Look through Magic World Map
Henry - Craft Cinderella's Carriage (2000) & Sabre of the Avenger (3600)
Henry - Open: Weeping Face (7000) & Craft Kaleidoscope of Memories (2500)
Henry - Craft Traveler's Diary (3500) & Piercing Shriek (5000) -- Anabel no longer at Dark Tower Gates; Iron Knight no longer in Dark Tower Hall
Henry - Craft Ice Breath (2800) & Rapacious Eye (4200)
Henry - Craft Predator Head (3400) & Clinging Anchor (3000) -- Pet message, but I had both of these on iPad
Henry - Open: Stained Glass Shards (6000) & Craft Forest Breath (3000)
Henry - Craft Ocular Protection (3500) & Path Seeker (3300) -- get Mandrake Extract for Transference Potion
Drake/Adora - Open: Bone King's Statue (7000) & Look in Cinderella's Slipper -- get Manticore Poison for Transference Potion
Pinfeathers complete

The next Pinfeather task set is to visit Innkeeper (10 tasks); Storyteller Cat (6 tasks) & Use the potion. BEFORE ACCEPTING THIS SET OF TASKS, I would be sure to complete all open Side Quests with various characters (if you have any open). Players have reported getting stuck with being able to continue with Storyteller Cat because he just has the blue exclamation mark and not a character quest opening.

Hopefully, you'll get past this point without issue.

In reply toRe: msg 7
MeekMonkey

Oct-3

I am following that at the moment. I let you know how I go but it may take me a bit of time to complete as I am packing a house up moving into a caravan to travel so for 2 to 3 weeks before I can really get back to the game for any length of time.

In reply toRe: msg 7
MeekMonkey

Oct-11

I have finished that section and had to go on and do the storyteller cat and the barkeep.  I still can't use the potion as I need another ingredient or two. first after I finish those 2 quests Pinfeathers I am to use the potion then. I still got all of the Blue quests open at this stage.

AEGram

Oct-11

At Level 85, when Arabella sent you to check Interrogation Room & Search Planter, you got the Transference Potion to repair.

Still on Level 85 -- Henry: Craft Ocular Protection & Path Seeker -- get Mandrake Extract for Transference Potion

Next quest, Drake/Adora: Open Bone King's Statue & Look in Cinderella's Slipper -- get Manticore Poison for Transference Potion

Innkeeper (6th task of 10): Check Camel Caravan & Craft Healer's Folio -- get Fire Feather for Transference Potion

Beginning of Level 86 -- Storyteller Cat: Examine Mosaic and Go to Glass Painting -- get Unicorn Teardrop for Transference Potion

The Unicorn Teardrop is the final item required for the Transference Potion....you activate it, something happens with the Storyteller Cat, and you don't get your next item to repair for a few more tasks. (You're sent to the Throne Hall where you get 7 tasks from Gabrielle.....her 4th task will send you to the Bone King for 5 tasks.....You get the Soul Redeemer to repair when you've completed the Bone King's final task)