Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

WIN 10 1909 Feature Update (19H2)   Technical Issues

Started Sep-17 by Dhyani (Dhyaniland); 672 views.
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Sep-17

Reading up on this several Techies are saying it is more like a Cumuliative Update than a (bug-filled Full Feature Update)

However . . . because I don't believe everything I read, ahem, I'll be backing up EVERYTHING to my External Hard Drive(s) as well as selected stuff to Flash Drives that I don't want to lose & have easy access to move stuff back  (MC Progress, documents/pics since the last backup) in case of the dreaded catastrophic (unbootable) fail . . . 

From what I gather, M$ says there's a built in 'revert back' to 1903 built in . . . so in case the 1909 Feature Update hoses up during Install, our devices "shouldn't" be rendered unbootable.  They "should" revert back to 1903, with everything intact.

Again, I don't believe everything I read, especially from M$.

If you see the 1909 Update is offered to you, I would recommend at LEAST backing up your MC Progress before Downloading/Installing 1909. 

When you see it either in Settings/Windows Update, or if you see Update and Restart in your Start Menu Button the good news is BOTH Win 10 Home and Win 10 Pro CAN Pause the Update for 7 days. And we have the option change Active Hours and also to choose Metered Connection.  Previously BOTH of those methods worked.  Will it work NOW?  

Backing up our stuff is our only real protection.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

In reply toRe: msg 1

I just read an article that M$ is still planning on mass releasing Win 10 1909 TOMORROW, Oct. 8th.  So, it is a good time to back everything up (again) anyway. 

Still, I'm going to get whatever Updates are ready today, and  then Pause Updates again and wait the 7 days to see if there are reports of trouble with that Feature Update. 

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

In reply toRe: msg 2
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-12

According to this Article:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3445217/microsofts-next-windows-10-feature-update-gets-a-name-the-windows-10-november-2019-update.html

Microsoft has made it official: Windows 10’s “19H2” release will now be officially known as the Windows 10 November 2019 Update.

and

Microsoft hasn’t committed to an official rollout date for shipping the Windows 10 November 2019 Update to the millions of “stable” PCs who aren’t in the Insider testing program, either, though sometime in November is a safe bet.

-------

So, a little more breathing room/time to back up our Castles ~ BEFORE and then, of course, DURING the Fall/Halloween Event.  

With any luck 19H2 will come down the pike a couple of days AFTER the Fall/Halloween Event is over.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom