Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GAME MAY BE DEAD   Technical Issues

Started Sep-18 by CHARLIE (charlieisr); 526 views.

NOTICED TONIGHT THAT MY LAPTOP WAS DISCHARGING EVEN THOUGH IT SAID IT WAS PLUGGED IN.  NOT SURE IF SOMETHING INSIDE STOPPED WORKING LIKE THE BATTERY OR SOMETHING ELSE. HAD A NEW IN THE BOX CHARGER PLUGGED THAT IN NO CHANGE.  STILL SAID PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING.  SO UNTIL  THE TECH CHECKS IT I WILL NOT OPEN MC.  IF THE LAPTOP HAS TO SPEND TIME WITH THE TECH I WILL LET YOU KNOW.   THIS IS SCARY SINCE ABOUT A YEAR AGO MY OLD VISTA DIED AND I HAD THOSE GAMES PUT ON THAT LAPTOP.  SO NOT ONLY IS MY MAIN GAME DOWN BUT ROOMS TO LET ARE DOWN.   GUESS I WILL MISS THE LAST FEW DAYS OF THIS EVENT.  WITH LUCK MY COMPUTER WILL BE BACK UP IN TIME TO CHANGE ROOMS FOR THE NEXT EVENT.  

FINGERS CROSSED.   CHARLIE

OH NO! KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU.  KEEP US POSTED.

A FRIEND AND GRATEFUL RENTER

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Sep-18

WHILE IT COULD BE A FAULTY CHARGER/ADAPTER, IT COULD ALSO BE THAT YOUR POWER MANAGEMENT SETTINGS ARE ON BATTERY SAVER.  

GO TO PC SETTINGS, THEN GO TO BATTERY.  YOU CAN SEE WHAT THE SETTINGS ARE AND ALSO WHICH PROGRAMS ARE USING UP YOUR BATTERY.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

XXOO ~ DHYANIboom

LvlSlgr

Sep-18

My laptop has had a similar message for months.

As long as I keep it plugged in, there's no problem. What it means - for my laptop - is that the battery can only hold up to 78% of the normal capacity and therefore cannot charge anymore. If I accidentally unplug it then the available percentage will be less but when I plug it back in it will start charging again. Once it reaches the maximum capacity - in this case 78% - then it stops charging. I had this happen once before. I finally got a new battery and it charged it up to 100%. That's the battery I'm using now but over time it has lost some of its capacity. When it gets down to 60% or so then I'll probably go ahead and get a new battery.

HOPE IT IS JUST THE BATTERY,  DO NOT WANT TO GET A NEW LAPTOP.   THE FUJITSU  IS MY BABY.  I LOVE IT.  IT IS WINDOWS 8.5  NOT 10.   SO EASY TO USE.  WILL WILL PLOW MONEY INTO IT INSTEAD OF REPLACING IT WITH A WINDOWS 10  MESS.  I HAVE 2 OF THOSE.  ONE IS THE ONE I USE FOR THE FORUM AND THE NET.   THE OTHER IS NEW JUNK.  MY GRANDSON USES IT WHEN HE CAN TO PLAY GAMES.  I HATE IT.   SPENT A ROYAL BOAT LOAD ON IT AND IT WILL NOT DO WHAT THEY SAID IT WOULD.   WHICH IS RUN MY GAMES.   I WOULD HAVE TO DO A TON OF UPGRADES ON IT TO GET IT UP TO MY OLD FUJI.   I WILL NEVER BY ANOTHER HP.  I WILL STICK WITH JAPANESE LAPTOPS.  THEY WORK BETTER.   SORRY TO SAY MY FUJI  HAS PROBLEMS.  BUT IT WAS ON WHEN THE LIGHTENING HIT THE HOUSE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.  HAS HAD SMALL PROBLEMS SINCE.    BUT THIS TO ME IS MAJOR.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Sep-18

MY TWO LAPTOPS ARE BOTH CONTINUOUSLY PLUGGED IN TO AC . . . AND THEY ARE BOTH SHOWING AROUND 80%, EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE NOT BEING USED.  THEY ARE BUILT IN, SO I CANNOT REMOVE/REPLACE THEM.

LAPTOP BATTERIES CAN BE RECALIBRATED FOR BETTER/MORE BATTERY LIFE.  MINE ARE LENOVO AND LENOVO HAS A UTILITY TO DO THIS IF/WHEN I CHOOSE . . . BUT IT CAN TAKE A FEW HOURS.  IT'S LIKE WATCHING GRASS GROW.  AND IF YOU HAVE ONLY ONE DEVICE, YOU'LL LOSE YOUR MIND WAITING.

CHECK YOUR DEVICE'S MANUFACTURER'S WEBSITE FOR INSTRUCTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS ON WHEN/WHY TO RECALIBRATE YOUR BATTERIES.  GOOD TO KNOW HOW IN ADVANCE OF WHEN YOU WANT TO DO IT.  THAT IS, IF YOU WANT TO DO IT.

AND IF YOU DO GET AN ADDITIONAL BATTERY, YOU COULD RECALIBRATE THE OLD ONE, STORE IT IN A NON-STATIC BAG, FOR FUTURE EMERGENGY USE.

XXOO ~ DHYANIboom

MORNING ALL,  SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG WITH THE CONNECTION.  AS I WAS TALKING TO DHYANI LAST NIGHT AND WIGGLED THE PLUG IN AND IT STARTED CHARGING.

Di (amina046)

Sep-18

GOOD FOR YOU! I AM SO GLAD. IT IS EASY AND CHRAP TO GET A NEW CORD OR CHARGER.