Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blue Exclamation Points   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Sep-19 by mecsjh1; 838 views.
mecsjh1

Sep-19

I am confused as to whether I have a technical issue or am doing something wrong.

I will be in the middle of a character quest that has the standard exclamation point overhead.  Suddenly, there will be a blue exclamation point overhead showing I can do those for the keys.  I go back to Professor Pinfeathers, select the character quest I was working on, and am taken to the same character, except the exclamation point is now blue.

When this first happened, I was able to see duplicate characters to the left of the screen.  I could choose the regular one and keep working it.  Suddenly, no matter what Prof. Pinfeathers wants me to do, I cannot get to the regular character and the tasks I needed for that one.  Just he one with the blue exclamation point and different tasks.

Does anybody know if I am doing something wrong or have a tech issue?  I am on an ios platform (iPad) at Level 86 and my id is:  i2341481

Thanks!

Mary

• Edited September 19, 2019 11:40 pm  by  mecsjh1
mdpetdoc

Sep-19

Have you tried scrolling down through the list of characters to see if the other quest is lower down?

mecsjh1

Sep-20

Yes, I’ve done that.  At first, I could just scroll through the list of characters and choose the correct one.  After the 4th or 5th time it happened, the character list on the left no longer had two of the same characters - one with the regular ! and one with the blue !

The character list only had the character with the blue !

Now my character list only has Prof. Pinfeathers and Trina.  When I click on the Prof., the quests I’d been working on appear.  

It has Old Jeronimo, with the completion check mark and the Storyteller Cat with 5/6 completed.  When I clicked on him the first 5 times, all was well.  Now I just get the blue ! and cannot complete the quest.  ??

AEGram

Sep-20

There have been several players to report an issue in the game at this point. 

It appears to be across all platforms because I have read of players on PC and now iOS who have encountered this issue with not being able to proceed with the Storyteller Cat.

With PC, there are some things that can be tried (clearing cookies/cache, completely powering off the device and restarting, etc) but the results are inconclusive. Other than clearing cookies/history from Safari on the iPad and powering it off (after swiping the app closed), I can think of no remedial steps to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, this appears to be a technical issue for Big Fish to resolve for you.

In reply toRe: msg 4
misstracy22

Sep-20

Hi,

i’m thinking (Not a good idea) is this just the end of the that particular prof quest. Until the next one comes along you can only do the blue key (Destiny) ones.

Tracy

AEGram

Sep-20

No, this is at the end of Level 85. Players should be able to continue to get Prof Pinfeather quests to complete until they reach the current content end, which is Level 93. Therefore, there should be no reason for the game to not allow continuance unless there is some programming error/glitch.

That said, I don't think this was reported until the opening of the Anniversary Room. As you recall, there were issues with part of Halloween being displayed (we were getting pumpkins and 20 coins instead of 10 coins for the collection of the morphing flowers). That was clearly a programming error that was fixed/resolved.

So, I'm hoping that at the conclusion of the Anniversary Room HOS being open will also resolve this issue. We have less than an hour to wait to see.....hope, hope, hope.

• Edited September 30, 2019 3:56 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 6
misstracy22

Sep-21

Oh yes now I remember. About the lvls. 

I opened a friends room this morning, they have the Halloween Room displayed. Then I remembered the glitch with that. It's such a massive programme, there is bound to be little glitches. Sometimes they seem to be very annoying when you have encountered them and they stop you going forward. So frustrating and disheartening at times. When you just want/need to get out of the real world. It’s great here on the forum, when there are so many friends who can help, with so much knowledge and experience, like you. 

Thank you

Tracy

AEGram

Sep-22

An additional thought regarding this Level 85 issue. At first, I was thinking that no one had reported such an issue prior to the advent of the Anniversary Room. But, on retrospect, I believe I was wrong.

I vaguely remember players reporting this issue before. And If memory serves, it also happened when the new content was issued at that stage of the game. Basically, players had accepted, but not completed several Side Quests when the new content was released. Normally, there is no issue with this method of play. The new content suppresses the Side Quests upon delivery and players just naturally continue with the character quests. 

However, for some reason, at Level 85 (specifically regarding the Storyteller Cat), since he also had a Side Quest offering prior to the content release, when the new content was released, the first task was to visit him. So, if the Side Quest had been left open and incomplete (and was still showing) when the new content was released AND if players then tried to continue forward with the character quests, the Side Quests blocked movement.

Basically, it was concluded that prior to accepting the first task of new content, it's best to complete all open/active Side Quests BEFORE trying to continue in the game.

In reply toRe: msg 8
mecsjh1

Sep-22

Thanks for the info.  I will keep that in mind if I need to start this game over.  The response from Big Fish just told me to choose the character without the blue exclamation point from those on the left side of the screen.  I replied that the only characters on the left side were Prof. Pinfeathers and Trina.  I am waiting to hear back.

I deleted the game from my iPad and reinstalled it, but that didn’t help.  I don’t know how to start the game over, but that might be what I have to do.

In reply toRe: msg 9
mecsjh1

Sep-28

Just wanted to let you all know that Big Fish Games and the developer fixed my game.  They didn’t specifically tell me what happened, but based on AEGram’s about level 85, and others commenting on other posts about in game oddities, I think I know what may have happened.

During the Anniversary event, I gained so many friends that I often only had time to visit 87 friends rooms and then gift the next 5 friends in line.  Because of this, I ended up with more coins at one time than I’d had before.  Excited by this, I began doing the different character quests and remember getting notice that I was at a new level, which was 86.  

When the character’s quests took me to the area where the place you’d click on the drop down to pay the 15,000 coin to get to level 86 I should have ignored the level advance spot and stayed on task.  

The quest took me to a spot where I’d pay something like 7,000 coin to continue that task.  Rather than waiting until the game actually took me to the place where I’d pay for the access to level 86, I went ahead and clicked on it and paid, then went back to my quest.  That’s where everything got hinkey.  Every step I took from that point made things worse until I could no longer advance the game.  For the last 2 weeks I’ve only visited Trina, the wheel, the ship and sent gifts to friends.  So, I’m happy to be able to play again.

I want to thank everyone for your help and suggestions