Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PC Problems with MC Launching   Technical Issues

Started Oct-14 by LadyDiFL; 638 views.
LadyDiFL

Oct-14

Just wanted to let friends know that Rory and KC are on the laptop which I guess I screwed up.  They cannot gift anyone right now because I can't get the game to Launch.  For the meantime, please don't bother sending any gifts.  I think it's a waste of resources.  I will let you now when they are up and running again.  Thanks.

In reply toRe: msg 1
LadyDiFL

Oct-15

Although no one responded to my post, I am happy to report that I can now Launch MC on both Rory and KC.  There was an update from Avast (security program) that disallowed the Launch.  I uninstalled it and alles klar! 

misstracy22

Oct-15

Hi, 
Well done, I’m not very good with computers. So couldn’t offer any useful help. Only perhaps putting the kettle on. 
I did notice the alles klar. Which brought back fond memories of our visits to Germany and friends. So thank you.

Gratefully yours, Tracy relaxed

Thanks for the warning. I use Avast so it's good to know.

datsalotta

Oct-16

I just have to reply about Avast. I had several computer problems from Avast after installing it on my new laptop August 2018. I have since changed back to Norton Security who has never given me a moment's grief after I installed it on my laptop in 2010. Then lo and behold Avast just charged me $98.97  on my credit card. I was livid. Thought I was rid of them. So I phoned them and explained I wanted nothing to do with them and they actually sent me a refund on my card. So I talked to my cardholder and have put a 'block' on Avast so no more charges will appear. That better be the end of them. If they send me an email I send it to Spam.

So buyer beware, right?

datsalotta

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-16

I also had to give up my beloved Avast when I went to Win 10 due to conflicts.

Currently all I use is Windows Defender and MalwareBytes (Free), there are NO conflicts with those.

Hope this helps!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

LadyDiFL

Oct-16

We use BitDefender as our security program.  I have no idea how Avast decided to muscle its way into my life, but it's gone now.  Of course, now I have another problem...will they ever end?  Now I'm having problems with the new MC download!  I'm going to crochet for a while and see if everything calms down.

MeekMonkey

Oct-17

I use Avast and have not had any issues with it.