Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Clarification   Howling with the Hostess

Started Oct-14 by mdpetdoc; 815 views.
mdpetdoc

Oct-14

Hey Jenifer,

I'd like clarification about the Welcome Folder.

This morning I put a post in the Welcome Folder wishing our Canadian members a Happy Thanksgiving. Within 3 hours it was moved to the friends folder. 

The Just Joining (late) The Party! thread has been in the Welcome Folder for a month. 

Why the difference? 

Thanks.

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

Oct-14

I'm not Jenifer but it appears that the Welcome folder is for helping new members to the forum and for game related dialog.

Thank you very much for your good wishes for our holiday! I'm up to HERE in turkey, dirty dishes, a sticky floor... but had a great family day. blush

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-15

As Kid said, if we didn't make hard judgments in the welcome folder it would be just like the original BFG forum - just one big folder full of everything.

Perhaps "friends" is not the best place.

I'll pop it into Fletcher's Bar - that's the best place for revelry and celebration.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

In reply toRe: msg 3
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-15

Never mind, it is already there!

TinyFaerie
Staff

Oct-15

Fletchers is where I put topics that don't fit anywhere else. 

For Example Holiday well wishes, birthdays other games, ect....

When doing a new topic it defaults to the welcome folder so I just try to put things in it proper place.

Sorry for any confusion.

mdpetdoc

Oct-15

It still doesn't answer the question as to why the joining the party thread has remained in the Welcome Folder for a month. 

For those who have been in the forum for some time, they know where to look for items of interest but most new people don't get past the Welcome Folder. I INTENTIONALLY placed my greeting in the Welcome folder to make newer Canadian members feel welcomed. Unfortunately it was moved so quickly I doubt any of them saw it. 

I would like to suggest that all new threads started in the Welcome folder stay there for 7 days so that people who may not be so familiar with the forum have a reasonable chance of seeing them. 

I agree with mdpetdoc.

A new player would look at top of page threads.

and, sometimes a sporadic player, like myself at times will only look at first few.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-16

mdpetdoc said:

It still doesn't answer the question as to why the joining the party thread has remained in the Welcome Folder for a month.

Then where do you suggest it should be?

mdpetdoc said:

I would like to suggest that all new threads started in the Welcome folder stay there for 7 days so that people who may not be so familiar with the forum have a reasonable chance of seeing them.

Sorry, but that will result in a massive mess of topics all crammed into one folder.

"Looking for friends on PC", "My game crashed!" "When is there and update?" "My update is stalled!" "When does the Halloween Event start?"  "I got a new Achievement!" "Here's a picture of my cat!" "Lost all my friends!" "What are Destiny Keys for?" "Friends of Ophelia Balzac" "I'm quitting the game"  "What are the Private Rooms for?" "My Private Room won't open" "My Game won't Launch" "Happy Birthday!" "Alpha Game 10052: Rude Body Parts" "I hate Trina!" "Prayers appreciated" ...

Are you getting the picture?

Hi mdpetdoc,

Your thanksgiving message was lovely, and very thoughtful. 

May I suggest that you put a little note at the end of your post to TF. She does a wonderful job of keeping things in their place, but is also very accommodating if you ask.

In relation to the joining the party late thread, my guess would be that most people have read it, no one has added to it in a while, and it just got over looked. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

Oct-16

It depends on how you access the forum actually. The most recent discussions appear first.