Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Computer Problems   Technical Issues

Started Oct-14 by Cajaco; 307 views.
Cajaco

Oct-14

I am having power problems with my PC . It is being picked up tomorrow to be fixed . Please do not send any gifts until further notice . Hope it is fixed before the end of the week.

Dona2

In reply toRe: msg 1
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-14

Howdy Cajaco!

Sorry to hear your PC is wonky.

Before it is picked up to be fixed, I strongly recommend backing up your MC 'progress' as well as any documents, pictures, username & passwords ~ essentially, anything you don't want to lose in case they have to Reset your computer back to Factory Default . . . which wipes out EVERYTHING!!!

I'll check back if you need instructions on how to back up your Castle to a Flash Drive, External Hard Drive, SD Card or Cloud Storage.  Takes only a few clicks.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

P.S. If you tell me what is wonky with your PC, I might be able to help you fix it yourself.

Cajaco

Oct-15

I can't power up the PC to back it up I do have an external hard drive and I am going to ask the tech guy to back it up when they get power to it before they do anything else .

Unfortunately I am not a techie and I didn't back up for awhile. I took pictures on my phone of all my inventory etc. a month ago . The last time I lost my game it was a MC issue and they couldn't replace achievements and only partial inventory that I could remember . I am leaving on Sat for two weeks but I did switch to my Halloween room before this happened so I hope that my friends can still access it.

Thank you for your help and I will keep you updated . Currently I am using my laptop and my IOS game on my IPAD is okay. At least I won't get complete withdrawal .

Dona2

In reply toRe: msg 3
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-15

I see, so when you ask him to back up your PC, I recommend your Tech Guy INDIVIDUALLY make a copy of your MC 'progress' so you can EASILY find it and Restore your game yourself. 

And I recommend you make a habit of doing this yourself.  I backup all my Castles at least once/week.  I add a suffix to each Elephant Games Folder (after I copy/paste them to a Flash Drive, one at a time)  so it looks like:

Elephant Games Dhy Oct 15

That way, when I make another backup the Elephant Games folder backup does NOT try to overwrite a previous backup.  I've had wonky results if I don't Rename.  Then, when Restoring the Castle, remove the suffix so the folder says ONLY Elephant Games before plopping it back into AppData\Roaming.

The MC 'progress' lives in:

AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Midnight Castle

When I make backups (and I have 13 Castles on two different Laptops) I COPY the ENTIRE Elephant Games Folder and PASTE to a Flash Drive AND also to an External Hard Drive.

Hope this helps.

Sending you a PM.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Cajaco

Oct-15

Thank you for this info. I am going to show him your post and get him to walk me through the backups when he fixes the PC .

Dona2