Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Midnight is having issues?   Technical Issues

Started Oct-16 by Shylo (shylo2425); 1855 views.
Shylo (shylo2425)

Oct-16

Turned on MC last night about the time for a "new day." Found a download which lasted all but 10 seconds. Thought something wonderful had transpired - like Halloween - and found nothing! Figured it was one of their glitches and would be fixed by this morning. Nope!!! Got the same 10 second message: "It takes centuries to build a castle...." message, then another Information message came up - told me that "Your save has been updated in a later version...." Went into downloads, found nothing, uninstalled and reinstalled game and nothing... so wrote to BFG CS. angry

I may hear from CS by Halloween, then again - who knows...? Had intentions of returning to my game what with all my medical issues, and now my computer has a medical joyjoyjoy issue.

Anyway, has anyone else have this similar problem recently?

Shylo 

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Oct-16

Yup most of us (PC & iOS, not sure about Android) had that teeny tiny MC Update yesterday.

And there are many who are having trouble getting the "What the heck was that for???" teeny tiny MC Update. Sound like that is the situation you are in.  How frustrating!

What we've noticed on PC is the Content number has changed, and now ends in 2054 (I think)

I don't know about the Content numbers for iOS or Android.

Maybe EG is laying the foundation for the Halloween Content.  Although when they've done a pre-release Update previously, we could see new Snotty Little Kid Puzzles and new Pets.  I haven't seen ANYTHING new, except the Content number.

You could also contact Elephant Games Support directly:

support@elephant-games.com

Hope this helps!

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom

Debbie (Debbie1845)

Oct-16

Dhyani,

I just checked, the Content numbers on iOS now end in 2054 as well since that small update last night.

Debbie kissing_heart

Shylo (shylo2425)

Oct-16

Dhyani (Dhyaniland) said:

support@elephant-games.com

Many many thanks Dhyani, will give them a nudge next! unamused

Shylo 

chilpep

Oct-16

I have the same problem.  My Content ends of 2053 however.  Have sent email to elephant.  Hope it clears as I want back in the game!

Shylo (shylo2425)

Oct-16

My Content ends in 2053 as well! Maybe I should write to elephant games too! unamused

chilpep

Oct-16

More the merrier!

Shylo (shylo2425)

Oct-16

Well my friends, I just sent my game issues to elephant games, and I'll advise should I be lucky enough to hear back from them.  Thanks y'all.

Shylo aka Carol

chilpep

Oct-16

Will also let you know if I hear anything.  

I'm wondering if WeeSam's solution a month or so ago would work in this situation?  Did you load a backup copy of your game to see if that would work?  Just trying to think of all possible solutions.

UPDATE:  I went back out and cleared all my browsers again (I use three at this time).  I then restarted the computer.  I waited until 1700 (500 pm) which is when my day change occurs.  The game did the update and started (YAHOO!!!!).  I am now at content 2054.  I closed out MC and went back in.  No problem at this time. May want to try this.

• Edited October 16, 2019 8:36 pm  by  chilpep
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Oct-16

Sounds exactly like the issue I previously had with the same message "Your save has been updated in a later version". Elephant games had me delete some stuff then everything worked fine again. 

I know the exact stuff they had me delete is in a thread here somewhere, just can't remember which one.