Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Identifying new ghosts    Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Oct-19 by Desertdruid (stillDruid); 1289 views.

The new Bat ghosts are pink & triangular like Siamese cat faces with wings. 

The Lanterns are easy to spot - they're golden & look like lanterns. 

The Owls are tricky - they’re black & look just like the black cat ghosts, only wider. We’ll probably all waste a bunch of ghosts traps trying to catch these & getting cats instead.  

mdpetdoc

Oct-19

For me the easy way to distinguish the cats from the owls is the dark black spots in the trail of the black cats. 

SharpEye1

Oct-19

Here's a screenshot of the owl ghost...not sure how visible it will be for you.

moonflower61

Oct-20

I went through a lot of my ghost traps last night as it was hard to tell the difference between the ghosts , so any tips definitely help. I also added the trap to my wish list because of this, can never have enough ghost traps. Happy ghost hunting all! Red Rider

TinyFaerie
Staff

Oct-20

I doing okay on the owls and laterns but that bat is throwing me for a loop. Good thing I have lots of ghost traps

moonflower61

Oct-20

Yep, those black cats and owls are a bit tricky.

Wendulka

Oct-20

I caught a lot of black cats, trying to get 3 owls. Very annoying

Not sure if you can see this, but the owl ghosts have owl eyes and the cats have cat ears. That’s how I tell them apart. Thanks for the tip on the bats, I haven’t found any yet!

Good catch, I never noticed that. The new Owl Ghost doesn’t leave a trail. They just seem to be in a grey cloud.

Now that I’ve had more opportunity to observe them, I’ve noticed:

The Owls have round eyes & ears that go to the sides.

Cats have almond eyes & ears that form a “V”. 

I hope that helps someone tell the difference. 

AEGram

Oct-20

I've also noticed that the cats have a very, very black surrounding. The Bats look quite similar, but they don't look so "catlike." After much studying, I was finally able to tell the 3 (owls, cats, bats) apart.