Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Puzzles   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Oct-31 by alliebdive; 762 views.
alliebdive

Oct-31

This may just be my game but I thought I'd mention it.  Despite doing numerous HOS per day, I am still on the first new FE puzzle.  I am waiting for 2 pieces.  I have finished all the other achievements, pets....  the puzzles just seem to be falling slow.  I wondered if it was because I had been turning my duplicates into twinkles before the end (not using them).  Has anyone else noticed this?  Are you finding the puzzles quick to do?  Just wondered! LOL

misstracy22

Oct-31

Hi,

Not sure if this helps. Only when I collected all the pieces for the puzzles.

I used x2 of the x12 twinkles on each puzzle. Then just pop in to see if the pieces were there, from time to time. When I did that I would turn the duplicates into twinkles. The last piece is always the longest. The positive is you collect lots of duplicate pieces for the next puzzle. It seems the more you check to see etc. The more pieces are given from the HOS you do. Maybe just my imagination. 

Enjoy the fun,

Tracy

KatieAn56

Oct-31

Hi,

I turn my duplicates into twinkles often, and especially right before I finish the puzzle.  I didn't one time and lost all the duplicates when the puzzle was finished.  That only happened once though. I agree with Miss Tracy about checking it seems to get your more pieces.  So, I guess it could both of our imaginations.  

I have finished all 4 puzzles. Have you tried buying the puzzle pack to get the last two pieces? You can use the twinkies to buy the puzzle packs.  I bought the packs for the first puzzle, but after that I just played the Halloween HOSs. I did notice that the pieces did seem to fall slower. Good luck finishing your puzzles.

Kate 

• Edited October 31, 2019 11:17 am  by  KatieAn56
misstracy22

Oct-31

Hi,

Sorry, that’s what I meant buying the puzzle packs, using those to start with. I didn’t think to finish off the puzzles that way. Thanks,  good idea. Although I just potter along, mostly. It will be complete when it is. That said I’ve managed to complete all four. Thanks. Which is great. I like all four too. So when the events and CC’s are finished I’ll enjoy just doing some HOS’s catching up etc then doing a puzzle into between. 

Just love MC, see you in the castle.

Tracy

AEGram

Nov-1

KatieAn56 said:

I turn my duplicates into twinkles often, and especially right before I finish the puzzle.  I didn't one time and lost all the duplicates when the puzzle was finished.  

You do not lose any of the sparkles when you finish a puzzle.......IF you have additional puzzles to work, as soon as you activate/unlock the next one....those duplicate pieces are converted to sparkles and added to those you have.

IF when you finish the last puzzle, you do not convert the duplicates to sparkles, the duplicate numbers remain on that puzzle even after completed until another puzzle is unlocked. Most of us don't want the duplicate numbers imposed over the completed puzzle and will convert them when finishing that last puzzle.

In reply toRe: msg 5
AEGram

Nov-1

For the record.....of the new puzzles, I ended up collecting 157 duplicates before that last piece was delivered in that first new one. (I have found that if I convert duplicates, it tends to take longer to get that last piece, so I just leave duplicates on the puzzle until it's completed.)

The second puzzle only yielded about 60-70 duplicates before I got the last piece.

However, the third puzzle required 139 duplicates and the final one required over 150 duplicates before the last piece came.

On average, for my iPad game, I've found that I generally must get 135-185 duplicates in every puzzle before I will get that final one.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Oodie (Oodeveer)

Nov-18

This is puzzle related......I don’t know why but I love playing the puzzles and do so quite often.  As a result, I’ve managed to amass quite a few diamonds (Over 22k at last count) so, what can I do with all these? I can’t use them for buying furniture so it seems I can only buy items when crafting something where I don’t have that particular item, use them on the Paytable or eliminating wait times for the HOS, dice games, and the airship. Any suggestions?

misstracy22

Nov-18

Hi,

Well you seem to have the things I do with them all. If anyone comes up with anything else, I’ll be all ears. I also like doing the puzzles when there isn’t a Event or CC. I too have amassed a number of diamonds. If only they were real, they would make a lovely set of jewellerywink

CindyK65

Nov-19

You can also use them when gifting a friend by buying an item for diamonds instead of coins. This will help with one of the achievements.

Oodie (Oodeveer)

Nov-19

Oh that’s right! Thank you for jogging my memory smile