Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New sticky thread: Quick fixes for common problems   Howling with the Hostess

Started Nov-3 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 1146 views.
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Hi all.

In order to save people from having to repeat themselves over and over, helping out others with common known issues I thought I would start a sticky thread that anyone can contribute to.

Don't use this thread to do that, I'll set up a nice one.

I just want a list of common issues and a few volunteers to write the instructions on how to fix them.

This thread is just a free place to plan the official one.

oiuoiu321

Nov-3

I think the thread will need to have the instructions to save a copy of your game (on each kind of device) and how to use the saved copy if your game gest messed up.

TinyFaerie
Staff

Nov-3

That's definitely one of the things we are going to put in there how to backup your games.

OH THANK GOD!!!

I'm trying to whittle down/reorganize the Instructions for the method I use for PC backups of MC progress.   Just the steps first, then a section (in the same post) for the reasons WHY.  I don't know if screenshots are absolutely necessary, but I would be willing to add those if there's a demand.

Kat posted earlier today Instructions for backing up MC on Win 7 with SCREENSHOTS!!!, and it's pretty much the same for later versions of Windows which use some slightly different terminology.

I would also strongly recommend Members BOOKMARK the Instructions that pertain to their device(s) for future reference.

This is a FANTASTIC IDEA and will make it so much easier/faster for all of us to find what we need for ourselves . . . and to help others. YAY TEAM!!!!

XXOOXXOOXXOOXXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Consider yourself hired.

Actually, you inspired it, my dear.

Just use this thread to flesh out everything you want to say and we can figure out the screen shots to be added.

Then I will teach you how to transfer everything to the official thread.

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

It's weird, I don't encounter a lot of problems reported by others here (I hope I didn't just jinx myself). The save/recreate a game is a HUGE deal for folks though. Totally agree that people need an easy access location for that info!

TinyFaerie
Staff

Nov-4

yeah Kattlyn I seem to not get problems either. Knock on wood.

Was just talking to Dhyani about that yesterday how lucky I was. 

But I do keep a backup just in case.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Can you do a link to the screenshots?

Set up the instructions here and we can copy and paste them in.

Still working on paring down my long winded Instructions in between chasing after Dear Old Dad.  Plus I've come down with a brutal head cold and can barely think.  So, this will take me a few more days.  All I wanna do is sleeeeeeep, but Dad needs something every few minutes.

Do you mean can I, personally, do a link to screenshots?  I can take screenshots and add them in the body of a post, which can be linked.

I guess I don't quite understand your question.  It's like I have a HUGE, painful marshmellow expanding in my brain at the moment.

XXOO ~ Dhyani sleeping

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Take your time my dear.

No hurry.  Get better first.