Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blank or Black Game on IOS (IPad)   Technical Issues

Started Nov-16 by !RAGGIE-TX/OR (MaggieHand); 4341 views.
Boo9339

Nov-19

Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my ipad game.  All started with the diamond sale.  Like you as soon as I made the purchase my game was gone.   Said something to the effect that I didn't have enough memory.  And like you I tried all the suggestions and contacted customer support when nothing worked.  I'm still waiting as well.  I hope they make the avatars from the challenge available to us but I cringe when I think of the amount of coin and inventory we've missed out on by not being able to play daily during the event.  

I'm fairly certain they should be able to recover our games eventually since they are housed on their servers.   Fingers crossed anyway.  I've been a Big Fish member for almost ten years and their customer service has always been outstanding but I have to say that the length of time this is taking is something I've never experienced before.  Any issue I ever had in the past was usually resolved within a few days, never this long.   

I'll keep checking back to see if you've had any success and I hope we're back to playing again soon.

Boo

Hi Maggie,

You have been my friend for a while, but I lost my game during the anniversary event. I re-invited you, but right at the start of the fall event, you disappeared from my invited list. This probably explains why. I hope they can get your game going again soon! When you’re back in the castle, let me know and I’ll invite you again!

Hi Boo: 

I believe you are on my friend list on iPad...but showing red. flushed
Hope to see you active soonsmiley_cat

Boo9339

Nov-21

Hi CrystalP,

I do too.  I really miss playing.   I'm sure it will all work out eventually but I've never known it to take so long.   And I'm worried even more now because I know it won't be long before they switch over to the Winter Event and that might bring a whole new set of issues.  

Thank you so much for waiting for me to get back in.

Boo

attie1234

Nov-21

Hi Boo,  I am so sorry this is happening to you. A friend asked me to try to help if at all possible. Have you done a hard restart?  If not, here are the instructions. 

Press and hold the Home and Lock buttons for at least 10 seconds. Onsome devices, you'll need to press the Home and Side button instead. The Apple logo should now appear! You've successfully Force Restarted / Hard Reset your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone SE/5s in iOS 12.

Good Luck! Fingers crossed it will be fixed soon! dancer Attie

Boo9339

Nov-21

Hi Attie,

Thank you so much for trying  to help me out of this pickle.  I did try that and a ton of other things too.  But I think the problem is with Big Fish in this instance.  That's what they indicated and said they're working on it but don't know when there will be a fix.  They are aware that the problem was when I tried to buy diamonds when they had that sale a couple of weeks ago.  There is at least one other person in the forum this happened to so it's not my ipad.  

I never realized how attached I am to my ipad game until it was gone.  I think I'm having withdrawals lol.

Thank you again so much,  I really appreciate it.

Boo

attie1234

Nov-21

Hi Boo!  Well, Darn!  Thanks so much for letting me know. I will keep my fingers crossed that they will find the fix soon.  Hang in there and hoping you are up and playing soon! dancer Attie 

Eaglebeak904

Nov-24

I have the exact same problem.  Mine also started right after I bought the diamonds special for $29.99........... you too?  Yes I have also been in contact with them and they are just sending me a random email saying the “team” is aware of prob and working on it.   SOOOOOO FRUSTRATING.  Personally I think they are just sending everyone generic replies.  This happened about 4 yrs ago with big fish when I went as far as I could go in the game and waited and waited for updates.  Well I gave up after a few months and 2 years later just by chance I tried the app and finally there was a substantial update.  I am not really impressed with big fish but LOVE THIS STUPID GAME.  What ya gonna do?  Thanks for listening.  I tried uninstalling game but still didn’t work. Doesn’t seem to this should be rocket science for these it geniuses... right?  After all they did develop the game.

Boo9339

Nov-24

Hi Eaglebeak,

Yes that's exactly what happened to me.  When they had the diamond sale and I clicked on the $29.99 button it said I insufficient memory or something to that effect.  Then the screen went blank.   I checked my I pad and had more than enough memory available.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times hoping that would be a quick fix but it was still blank.  I tried clearing my ipad and that didn't work either so I contacted customer support.  I got several messages about seeking help in the forum but I wrote back and asked them how the forum could possibly help with this technical issue.  We went back and forth for over a week but finally I got the same message you did.  And that message was they knew the techs were aware of the "diamond purchase problem" and they were working on it but added that they had no idea when the problem would have a fix.  So we just have to wait.  I don't even remember exactly when the game crashed but I've never had to wait this long.  I really am disappointed that I wasn't able to finish the castle challenge and we've missed out on being able to take advantage of the friends fall event rooms.

I really love playing this game too.  I check every day and sometimes a few times a day but haven't heard anything new and it still won't load.

Fingers crossed that it will be fixed one day soon or at least some update about this issue.

Thanks for listening to my venting,

Boo

misstracy22

Nov-24

Hi, 

Sounds like you aren’t the only one with this problem.disappointed
At least you are all working together and supporting each other. With suggestions etc. It’s good to have friends. 
I’ll keep watching see if I see anything useful. Hang in there.

Take care, Tracy - consortiummonkey