Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

suggestion for mail box   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Nov-16 by GinnyTLC; 904 views.
GinnyTLC

Nov-16

Hi to all.

I don't know where to put this so I'll let others decide. I'm having a hard time keeping up with my mail (gifts). 

I think it would be very helpful if the mail box had a scroll option. I can't seem to figure out in what order I get the gifts. Some times they drop from the top and some times they come up from the bottom. I think it would be nice to be able to scroll and find the items you need when you really need them. My mail box is always very full due to  getting more gifts then I can send off. I don't like to accept a gift if I can't gift back. I can only gift 10 a day and seem to receive more then that, so I have to take down my list quite often. When I'm getting caught up I find items I needed from days before and don't really have a need for them any more. I think a scroll option would be very helpful, especially during cc events.

So does anyone know where or if you can make a suggestion to the MC team at EG for a scroll button in the mail box.

If any one has a suggestion as to how I can maybe keep up better with my mail box I'm all ears (as it were).

Sorry to be so long winded. Grams G.G.

CindyK65

Nov-16

Hi, Ginny, Gifting seems to be one of the more frustrating parts of this game. What works for one, doesn’t work for someone else. The newest gift if at the top. I keep a list on my phone of who sent a gift and then remove it when I have returned it. When the list gets too long, I will take my Wish List down until I catch-up. If you are requesting help for a needed item, you have to keep your mail box cleaned out or the item you need will end up at the bottom where you can’t see it.

Hope this helps you. Just consider yourself blessed that you have so many gifting friends. Cindy

misstracy22

Nov-16

Hi, 

I agree with you, this may help others. It might be worth passing it by  someone. Not sure who, just now. Someone in the know will pick this up.
I also think Cindy has very good ideas with how to deal with keeping track etc. Well worth a try. It can be very difficult if you have lots of friends or maybe you haven’t the time to check everyday. 
Tracy

GinnyTLC

Nov-16

Thank you for the replies.

I do take my list down, more often then I like and have started writing down a list to gift back to. Right now I'm looking a 3 days of gifting 15 times a day,(most days I can only do maybe10), and I took my list down like 5 days ago. I do have over 100 friends, some at high levels and some new ones that are low levels. I'm at a stand still on level 95 so I wanted to help some newbies.I have reg friends I gift with (IB swap) and I took on raven egg and destiny key wanters. I put up airship items (that I don't need) so the low level newbies could get the event thankyous, that's when it got real crazy. Anybody need airship items. LOL.  I'm glad the event is almost over. 

To all my friends I will gift you back, it might take some time.  Grams G.G.

• Edited November 16, 2019 8:00 pm  by  GinnyTLC
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Nov-16

We discussed this on the BF Forum and even contacted BF CS and were told EG couldn't do it.  However, that was a few years ago . . . and some BF Reps would Reply with flat out WRONG information.

I agree, it's a real pain to keep written lists.  I have 13 Castles going and I REFUSE to do it. With 80 ~ 100 Friends on each Castle (most are Event Friends) there's just not enough time in a day to keep track.  Thirteen lists  . . . YIKES! That's why I occasionally post a Rant about NO GIFTS FROM EVENT FRIENDS, or just start deleting them.  *sigh* 

Could EG expand the Mail Window to show 10 or more Gifts?  A Scroll Arrow may also work.  But this isn't really a glitch, again, more of a pain in the arse, so it's likely a low priority for EG.

I know they're busy at the moment fixing other glitches on ALL platforms. 

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom 

CindyK65

Nov-16

Dhyani,

You are a SUPER super star. How anyone can handle 13 games, I haven’t a clue. Then in your spare time, you are helping numerous players with game issues, working on your home and taking care of dear old Dad.

All I can say is hang in there with the gifting

I highly recommend not email Elephant Games,  they are too busy restoring players game, I just read on Facebook that one player lost her game and lost out on playing the Halloween event

Your best bet would be  to email Big Fish Games/ Midnight Castle/ help desk

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231347128-Midnight-Castle

I have many times sent them suggestions and the say they always welcome new suggestions

As of right now - it will take about 5 days to receive a reply. 

This is the best advice I can give you 

GinnyTLC

Nov-16

maybe they could list more than one gift per person. Like if you have two or three gifts from one friend they could be listed all together and only have to click the one name might be helpful. just a thought. In the mean time I'll try to keep a list if needed.

Grams G.G.

In reply toRe: msg 8
GinnyTLC

Nov-16

Cindy is right. Dhyani  you are one super kind of person. One of those  earth bound angels.

TinyFaerie
Staff

Nov-16

I'm going to move this to Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help.