Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING   Technical Issues

Started Nov-19 by CHARLIE (charlieisr); 472 views.

I MAY BE ON MY LAST BIT OF BATTERY,  IT SAYS PLUGGED IN NOT CHARGING.  SO WHEN THAT BIT OF BATTERY IS GONE SO WILL MY ACCESS TO MC.   I HAVE TRIED THE NEW POWER CORD.  SAME RESULT.  SO IT MUST BE IN THE CONNECTION NOT THE CORD.  WILL SEE IF A TECH CAN FIGURE IT OUT OF NOT WILL HAVE TO GET A NEW LAPTOP ?????   DO NOT KNOW WHEN THAT CAN HAPPEN.  RIGHT NOW ALL MY EXTRA CASH IS GOING ON VET BILLS.  THE LITTLE DOG MY HUSBAND LEFT HAS GOTTEN SICK.  BUT VETS ARE NOT CHEAP, JUST LIKE DOCTORS. 

LvlSlgr

Nov-19

Let me start this with an explanation that my laptop is nearly always plugged in. Very seldom do I use it that it's not plugged in.

A few years ago my battery was showing "80% plugged in, not charging". My tech guy explained to me this means that the battery is old and can only hold 80% of the full charge. It's not charging because it's as full as it can get. He suggested replacing the battery when it got to less than 50%, if not sooner. I went ahead and replaced the battery and no problems. That was a couple years ago. Now this "new" battery is now starting to do the same thing. So when it gets down to about 60% I'll go ahead and replace it.

Even though my laptop is nearly always plugged in the battery does drain some if it's not turned completely off. And since I retired I'm on my laptop at least 12 hours a day. It's probably only completed turned off about 8 hours a day.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Nov-19

SHARLENE, A MONTH OR SO AGO, WE WERE ON THE PHONE WHEN YOU WERE HAVING THIS SAME ISSUE.  YOU JIGGLED THE CONNECTOR IN THE PORT AND IT DID START CHARGING AGAIN. MAYBE TRY THAT AGAIN???

ANOTHER OPTION IS RECALIBRATING YOUR BATTERY.

ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE BATTERY SETTINGS YOU CAN CHANGE.  I READ SOMEWHERE RECENTLY THAT IT IS BEST ADJUST THESE SETTINGS TO  80% OR LESS BEFORE IT STARTS CHARGING AGAIN TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE BATTERY.  IF I CAN FIND THE ARTICLE I'LL ADD IT HERE LATER.

XXOO ~ DHYANIboom

I WILL TAKE IT TO THE TECH SINCE I KNOW NOTHING AND DO NOT WANT TO DO ANY DAMAGE TO IT.  I FIGURE IT IS AROUND 7 YEARS OLD. AND ALSO THINK IT CAN BE THE BATTERY GETTING OLD.   THE WIGGLING DID NOT WORK THIS TIME.  SO IT IS OFF TO A TECH.  IF IT IS NOT THE BATTERY OR THE CHARGER WE WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS.

IF IT IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE FIXED IT WILL BE.  BUT OTHERWISE I HOPE HE DOES NOT TAKE ALL THE CHARGE FROM IT.  SINCE I PLAN ON USING WHAT CHARGE I HAVE TO CHANGE TO WINTER ROOM IN ALL 7 GAMES.  I WILL NOT HAVE THEM PUT ON THE PC I GOT TO REPLACE THE OLD VISTA IT DOES NOT WORK AS IT WAS SUPPOSE TO.  SO I WILL REPLACE THE FUJI WITH A JAPANESE BUILT PC.  THEY SEEM TO WORK BETTER. AND RUN MY OTHER GAME. 

HOPING IT IS THE BATTERY NOT SOMETHING MAJOR THAT REQUIRES A LONG STAY WITH A TECH.   FINGERS CROSSED.  BUT MY LUCK HAS NOT BEEN THAT GOOD FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS.

LITTLE DOG IS GETTING BETTER I HOPE.  STILL NOT SURE WHERE OR HOW HE GOT KENNEL COUGH.  THE GROOMER IS THE ONLY PLACE HE HAS BEEN AROUND OTHER DOGS.  

HE COMES FIRST A NEW LAPTOP IS NOT IN THE BUDGET AT THIS TIME.

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

I had that problem with a phone I had. Tech told me to let the battery run down to nothing once in a while to help keep the battery healthy. He said they aren't made to be plugged in constantly. It actually damages them to never unplug and run them.

Hope that helps...???

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

I HOPE PUPPY GETS BETTER!!!! (AND YOUR BATTERY)

diamondgrlva

Nov-20

I had this happen recently and for almost two weeks it said that exact same thing.  I never unplug it as a rule.  So all of a sudden last week it shows as charged and I have no idea why  it is like gremilins invaded.  My tech guy said just to use it plugged in and forget about the battery. Hope your doggie is better.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-20

Your tech guy is very wise. My battery died months ago, but as I never unplug the laptop it doesn't matter. Computer runs just fine without it.

BLOODY   "L"  WISH I HAD KNOWN THAT.   BUT NOW IT IS TOO LATE,  IT IS WITH A TECH.  BEST THING IS HE WILL NOT CHARGE TO FIND OUT THE PROBLEM.  THE CHARGES WILL COME IF IT NEEDS WORK.  

LOOKED A AT A FEW REPLACEMENT LAPTOPS IF PUSH COMES TO SHOVE.    BUT THE FISH WILL NOT GET A CALL TO MOVE MY GAMES.    THE TECH CAN FOLLOW DHYANI'S INSTRUCTIONS TO MOVE THE GAMES.   IT WORKED LAST TIME.  AND WAS EASY.      YEA!!!!  DHYANI.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Nov-20

The benefit of having even a semi-charged Battery in place is that IF/WHEN the power goes out, you at least have a few minutes to backup your Castle and Shutdown the computer correctly.

Another option, if you don't have a working Battery and are running straight from AC, you could purchase an Uniterruptible Power Supply and connect your device to THAT UPS which is connected to the wall outlet.  When the power goes out, the UPS kicks in and should give you several hours of juice.

I bought one from Amazon for $50? for Dad's Desktop PC which he leaves ON alll the time, with documents open . . . without the UPS, the computer doesn't have time to Shutdown properly, his documents are corrupted, requiring Recovery.  What a pain in the arse! 

The UPS is a LIFESAVER.  Dad's Desktop PC/UPS combo functions like a Laptop with a working Battery.  And whatever else is plugged into the UPS still functions for hours. I had to buy an adapter for his Monitor, but that's no biggie.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom