Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Facebook groups   Howling with the Hostess

Started 12/1/19 by Tennco (carlyMC); 2388 views.
Tennco (carlyMC)

12/1/19

I recently took the plunge and joined facebook.  What can you tell me about he facebook groups to join for mc, since there are several. Carly

ARIZONA (ARIZONA9)

12/1/19

The only thing I can tell you is expect to have all your info splattered all over the site 

Nothing is private .

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

12/1/19

Can you be a little more specific? What info of ours is splattered?

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

Hi Carly, I can't tell you about any of those groups either. I use FB to stay in contact with family and friends, but I avoid groups and such. Sorry

mdpetdoc

12/1/19

Two experiences had me abandon Facebook. The first one was getting a new computer which thrilled me with how much faster it ran and how much nimbler the internet was. I opened my Facebook page for an hour and my computer was noticeably slower the next day. Since I'd barely done anything with it, I checked some numbers and did a factory reset. The amount of junk I had picked up was ridiculous. The second was allowing a friend to access her Facebook account and finding very quickly that it had pulled the phone numbers from my contact list and were offering them to both of us as potential friend invites. This included the plumber, employees, the funeral home, and the landscaper. 

I occasionally must log into Facebook but I never do it from my phone and I always make sure my PC is logged out of my email accounts. I had all my Facebook settings as restricted as possible and still ran into collection of information I found unacceptable. 

Tennco (carlyMC)

12/1/19

Doesn't give me much to look forward to.  I mainly did it to stay in touch with my family.  I am amazed at the number of people who know friends of mine who want to be my friend.  Why?  I don't know you and you live far away from me.  I do have my settings set as privately as i can.  Maybe i will rethink joining any mc groups and stick to the forum.  Thanks for the advice.  Carly 

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/1/19

There ARE Privacy Settings you can choose to make your FB Page only viewable by Friends (which would also be your Family)

There's a Quick Help ? section on the top right side of your Page.

You DO need to view your General Settings and Privacy Settings every once in a while, because FB seems to change them.  That's my experience anyway.

What you can't control is what your Friends/Family 'allow' the Public to see.

BUT REMEMBER, ANY PHOTOS YOU POST ON FACEBOOK BECOME THE PROPERTY OF FACEBOOK AND CAN BE USED FOR WHATEVER PURPOSE THEY WANT.  In other words, you are giving up your Rights TO FB to any photos you post on FB.  Maybe if you have Copyrighted them all . . . but who does that?  

I have a CLEAR understanding with my Friends/Family to NOT POST pics of me.  So far, no one has violated it.  

I can't believe what people post on FB.  When there away from home,/how long they'll be gone, pics of their cherished possession inside their house, if their kids are home alone, etc.  A criminal's delight!

I use FB, but have my Privacy Settings verrrry tight and check them often.

So, take the time to view & select EVERY SINGLE Privacy Setting.

There's a Quick Help (?) on the right side of your FB Page.  

Hope this helps!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

P.S. I am the Family Archivist, so to share Photos & other Documents, I've been using DropBox for years and years.

ARIZONA (ARIZONA9)

12/1/19

It's been years sense I had a FB account so maybe things have changed but not by much  .

I had a friend that wanted me to join so I did we did not correspond much so I got into playing their HO games . then all the games I had played the level , scores all that info plus some personal info  was advertised and on top of that to keep playing I HAD to invite friends , at which I DID NOT HAVE because I had  just joined ,  I was locked out . So the account sat idol for 6 months or so an it is now closed never to be reopened .  What games I play outside MC and how I play them is no ones business but mine and sense they are one person player games they do not require friends to join those games  sense there is no friend gifting

Now Midnight Castle is a whole nother story .

I belong to Midnight Castle help group for three devices  and that group is the best, I am in that forum almost all day, the group is private, you have to find some who belongs to the group to have you join. If you want I can get you in because the group is not public . So if you want to join you can ask me.

Kid (Kidmagnet)
Staff

12/5/19

Yikes -Good word of warning about logging out of email etc when letting others use our computers/devices.