Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Windows Feature Update 1909   Technical Issues

Started Dec-3 by Wickery; 493 views.
Wickery

Dec-3

My Surface Pro 3 needed to update Windows (old version will no longer be supported), but after the update I am not able to access Game Manager or Midnight Castle. No other programs appear to be affected, and all my other files are present. I uninstalled the update twice in order to complete the  Fall Event. Somehow I thought this third time would work out differently. Has anyone else had this issue? I tried to uninstall the game manager, but nothing happened. I'm afraid to uninstall the game. Have sent a help request to BFG customer support hoping they can walk me through a fix.

The games affected are Surface (509632), Athena GN (527835), and Athena New (746763). They still have the Halloween room up. I may have to remove the Windows update to switch to the Christmas Room if I don't hear from CS before the event starts.

Uninstalling the Midnight Castle Game 'program' should NOT affect the actual 'progress' of your 3 Castles.  The MC program and your MC progress 'live' in different places. Weird that Game Manager won't Uninstall.  

Did you perchance make backups of your 3 Castles to a Flash Drive or other External Media? Or even backups to the Desktops on each User Account that each of your Castles 'live'?????

I haven't heard of anyone who successfully installed 1909 having an issue with MC, and 1909 hasn't been offered to my two Laptops yet, so I can't speak from personal experience on this yet . . . but I'm ready if it does screw up my games . . .

Because I ALWAYS make a backup of each of my 13 Castles before a Windows Update, well, and just before an Event starts, and then again after one ends.  And for good measure I back them all up every Sunday . . . because my Sunday is Ukraine's Monday.

Let us know what BF CS says.

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Sending you a PM