Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Deleting a feeder game   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started 12/4/19 by anglegirl70; 1380 views.
anglegirl70

12/4/19

Not sure if this is the right folder but here goes.  This might sound dumb but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to delete a feeder game.  I am getting ready to delete mine.  I've been having a lot of trouble with my main game every since I made the feeder game but it is getting worse.  Every time I turn around my main game if freezing up on me.  In this last game every time I tried to do the Ho's my darn computer would freeze and then I would have to get completely out and then go back in.  I wasn't able to build my coins up very much because of this.  I would get discusted and give up.  I was trying to do some puzzles tonight to build up on my diamonds and right in the middle of a puzzle it froze.  It said please wait and that was the end of that.  I had to get out.  Anyways if anyone can help me I will really appreciate it.  Thanks a million.   Sandy

ARIZONA (ARIZONA9)

12/4/19

Hi!! It may not be your feeder game that is causing this . MC has had this FREEZING problem sense EG forced updates through their backdoor . Mine freezes ,  too ,  and I do not have a feeder game on this laptop .

Knowing this if you still want to delete the game completely then you can do so through the Control Panel  or the BFG Manager . Another way is to open the START MENU , click on Setting , click on APPS then scroll down until you see the icon and Midnight Castle , left click you will see 2 spaces 1 Modify the other UNINSTALL  click on that one .

Hope this helps

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/4/19

Hang on . . . what you are suggesting will ONLY delete the MC 'Shell' and (not the Castle 'progress) for EITHER the Main game or the Feeder, rendering both Castles unplayable . . . until a fresh download/install of MC from BFG is done.

But I agree, I don't believe a Feeder Castle is the cause of the Freeze issues.  I'd reommend connecting your device DIRECTLY to your MODEM and see if your main game plays better.  It could be your WiFi Router needs to be Reset or is wonky.

Or did I misunderstand what you were getting at AZ???

ARIZONA (ARIZONA9)

12/4/19

No , she was asking how to delete her feeder game and this is the only way I know . I have done this before to a feeder and it did not hurt my main game . I deleted it from UNINSTALL PROGRAMS on the CONTROLL PANEL  and it was completely gone along with file and folder . This was years ago and now Windows 10 does not have a Control Panel I had to find it using CORTANA . 

I don't think it's her feeder either . I think it's what is happening to the rest of us . it's just catching up with her . if my way will hurt her main game then maybe you have a better way . I'm not being snarky or anything , I'm not that techy . LOLblush

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/4/19

The MC 'Shell' lives in ProgramFiles(x86) and is SHARED by all other User Accounts/MC Castles.

The Castle 'progress' (in AppData\Roaming) for each Castle is stored, respectively, on each other User Account that has a Castle on it. 

When you Launch MC from ANY User Account, it will 'fetch' that's Castle's 'progress' from AppData\Roaming to populate the Castle that lives on THAT User Account.

If you don't have a Castle on a User Account, it will start a NEW Castle . . . that's how we create a Feeder in the first place!

Make sense?

I've also had a lot of trouble lately with freezing or pausing and the whole ctrl/alt/del thing.  Been very annoying.  You don't mention if you leave games open as you flip from main to feeder(s).  I got into the practice of only  having one game open at a time, just trying to minimize problems.  It is true that uninstalling the game will always leave portions behind.  Can't advise you on that.  My intentions are to delete the whole second user when I'm done with that feeder game.  I hope whatever you try works for you.

Arizona, I had the same problem with Windows 10.  Can't teach an old dog new tricks and I loved my Control Panel.  So once I found it I pinned it to the Start Menu and now it appears as a tile when I hit the Windows icon.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

12/4/19

Again, I don't believe your Feeder, per se, is causing the Freeze or Update download loop issues.

Let me ask . . . are you leaving BOTH your MC Games OPEN or are you EXITING your Castles before Switching Users???  

ALWAYS EXIT your Castle before Switching Users so the game saves properly.

But if you still ABSOLUTELY want to PERMANENTLY delete your Feeder game, simply delete the 'progress' (the Midnight Castle folder) that lives in AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games and empty the Trash. 

Or for a temporary option. . . you could MOVE that Midnight Castle folder to your Desktop.  Remember, if you Launch MC again without the 'progress' folder AppData\Roaming) . . . it will create another NEW Castle.   So when/if you want to play that Feeder again you would need to MOVE that Midnight Castle folder back into AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games.

Hope this helps!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

LvlSlgr

12/4/19

whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54) said:

I loved my Control Panel. So once I found it I pinned it to the Start Menu

LOL ... I did the same thing.

I've also been having the freezing "Please wait ..." issue. It seemed to start when we had that first update for the FE. The one where they were getting it ready ... before it actually started. It was so bad that during the FE that some days I only played 5 private rooms and just gave up. Very frustrating.

And, Dhyani, I tried plugging into the router instead of using wi-fi, but it didn't help any. That was just one of many things I did but nothing helped.  It's very frustrating because MC is the only game where I have a problem.

anglegirl70

12/4/19

Thank you so much.  I do always close one game out before I get into the other one.  I was just getting so upset with my main game freezing.  I see I'm not the only one having that problem.  I guess I'll just leave things as is and hope they can get things straightened out.  Thanks for all your help.   Sandy

anglegirl70

12/4/19

Thank you for the information.  I see now that I am not the only one having this problem.  For now I'll leave my feeder game alone.  Hopefully we can get this straightened out.  It is very frustrating.  Thanks again for your help.