Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

ALL PLAYERS, ALL PLATFORMS, PLEASE READ!    The Consortium

Started Dec-6 by April @ MC (April54321); 3608 views.

Firstly, let me put your minds at ease. I am not reporting a problem with the game. (Audible sigh followed by berating April for putting up such a scary heading permitted here) astonished rage stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye kissing_heart

This is about helping the Consortium during the Winter Event snowman snowflake  and there is a job for every player, at every level, if you want to get involved. There is of course absolutely no obligation, but I thought I would explain what is needed, and then you can see where you fit, if you would like to get on board. 

1. If you have NOT crafted some or all of the following winter pets - Baby Mammoth, Fire Rooster, Funny Yeti, Joyful Penguin, Little White Bear, Santa’s Reindeer, Sled Dod, Well Dressed Snowman and Winter Cat - the Consortium needs your help to collect winter pet eggs. These eggs can only be received by completing daily quests (or sometimes the fortune wheel), and only if you have none in your inventory. Generally this role is suited to lower level players, who have not yet taken part in a winter event, but is available to absolutely anyone who doesn’t have the pets.
  2. If you have crafted all the pets, the Consortium needs your help to support the egg collectors. This can be done in a couple of different ways:
    a) You can send wands or decorations to help them complete the daily quests.
    b) You can put Winter Pet Eggs on your wish list to transfer to the Consortium, so the collectors have extra places to drop off their eggs. Generally these roles are suited to higher level players, who have had time to store up some inventory from previous years. 

Every bit of help is welcome, even if it’s just a little; or for part of the event. The Consortium is made up regular players, like you and me, and never hesitate to help out a player in need, so it’s a wonderful way for us to give back. Last year I was fortunate enough to be an egg collector, and it was rewarding, gratifying and so much fun.......did I mention fun! boom tada

If you would like to get involved please contact Debbie the Consortium

Co-ordinator so she can get an idea of how many players from each platform will be helping. Please also let her know which platform you play on. 

If you would like to get some more detailed information about the various roles, please contact me (April) and I will do my very best to explain. My RL is a bit hectic at the moment, and I’m in Australia, so there is often a time difference; but I will get back to you. I’m also very happy for anyone else to jump in and answer questions on my behalf (as is the beauty of the forum), Or go directly to Debbie!! 

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

I'll leave this in the Welcome folder for a week until you get some bites, then move it to the Consortium folder.

Good luck getting some inventory!

CindyK65

Dec-7

April, Your timing for this post is right on. I just signed in to send Debbie a message about eggs. My baby game, WitchyWoman, will be collecting eggs again this year. I then transfer to the Consortium or my CindyK game, as quickly as I can. That’s a great suggestion about higher level players also helping with the collection. 

To the lower level players, I highly recommend joining in on the fun. The excitement you feel when 3 eggs drop is worth not crafting the pets. Doing the daily quests will also get you items that you will need to craft event pets that don’t require eggs. I have never really missed not having the pets that require eggs. Also, if you need help crafting other pets, the Consortium is ready to help you with those eggs.

Happy Holidays!??

CindyK

Thanks Cindy,

I was an egg collector last year as well, and it really was fun. My goal when I set out was just to get as many eggs for the Consortium as I could. Then being part of a team effort was a new and exciting part of the game. As a side benefit, and one I didn’t even think of at the time, I was able to complete nearly all the WE achievements from all my rounds of the castle and doing DQs; and my airship stocks were looking very healthy from all the HOS’s.

I wasn’t quite as clever as you though, cause I crafted all the pets at the end, but like you I encourage people to jump on board! 

Thanks, April. Perfect timing!  I just wanted to add that you don’t need a lot of inventory of your own to help the Consortium (although that helps!). You do need to add a space on your Wish List to collect or swap items and/or get matched to a Consortium member or lower-level player to add to your Friends list. Debbie or one of the other Consortium members will vet those players for you so you won’t be adding strangers.

Definitely encourage you to get in touch if you’re at all interested. There’s a role for players at all levels - I was only at level 36, way back when, but still able to help with collecting and sharing items. Being part of a group effort adds a whole new dimension to the game, and it’s one of my favourite parts to playing Midnight castle.

Any questions, post here and we’ll try to answer!

~Catheryne

Thanks so much Catheryne,

I didn’t want to over load players with too much info, so just put up something to drum up interest and support; whilst also trying to give people a bit of an idea. 

The lower level players generally need help with wands and decorations, so they can frolick out each day and complete daily quests.....lol. But you are 100% correct, in that you don’t need much inventory to lend a helping hand.

I put Debbie down as the person to contact if anyone wanted to join in, so all players that need to be connected to each other on each platform could be pointed in the right direction, and paired up with the right collector or egg drop off point.

I know the Consortium is way bigger than one person, and hope I have not caused any offence by only listing her name. I just thought it would be easier to have a central contact point, and the jobs can be divvied up from there.

The Consortium and helpers, were there so much for me in my first year of playing, as well as all the wonderful people on the forum. And I still learn new things on here all the time - some game related, and some RL related. I found this such a great way to give back.

Love and Seasons Greetings to You All. 

oiuoiu321

Dec-7

Chiming in as an egg collector to stress the importance of being able to get rid of the eggs as quickly as possible, and so having people collect them for later transfer to the Consortium.  The game will give you up to 4 eggs at a time, but only ones you don't only have.  So if you get a Winter Cat egg (for example), you can't get another one until you get that one out of your inventory by giving it away.

Can't wait!

TinyFaerie
Staff

Dec-7

We are already friends so happy to pass them on for you again this year.

Annemaree

Dec-7

Yes Please send me details regarding the winter eggs.  I am just re-starting my game and only on day 33 so I have a long way to go

Thanks for jumping on board Annemaree. Could you please tell me which platform you play on?

I am assuming you would like to get involved by being an egg collector. Could you please clarify this for me as well.

Look forward to hearing from you.