Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Us 70 hints while examing Hidden Object Scenes   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Dec-13 by Katijay (Katijay46); 1007 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Dec-13

Here we go!....all icons in the lower left count as well as the hint button...

loopykaren

Dec-13

Really do i have to do this?! and its only the start of the CE  ...This is 1 of my pet hates on here  along with catching flowers on MC. Least i will have wands this time to catch other things. My New Years  resolutions should  be stop being so competitive lol ...I need a good friend who will always do these most time consuming shit tasks for me! ;-)

In reply toRe: msg 2
CzoeMC

Dec-13

Wow, 70... and I want to do the rooms, also!   So, to get the most out of my Hint Inventory, and as I have a lot of Lightening Flashes (which can't be used in the Christmas HOSs), I have been going to regular HOS, and using two to four hints, then playing some friend rooms until the hint timer resets, then going back and doing another regular HOS once the hint timer resets, back and forth.

This way, I can use the Flash when it comes up, AND the free Hint, plus maybe nab a new ghost. Hope this helps those who are frustrated by the sheer quantity, and want to do everything all at once, like I do. penguin

In reply toRe: msg 3
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Dec-14

Don't forget to enable your Night Mode if you have it turned off. One more hint to use.

Oodie (Oodeveer)

Dec-14

Finished. I did it the old fashioned way, one hint per HOS so it took a little longer than usual. One thing I noticed is the Christmas Wands seem a little shy. Out of 70 HOS, only six dropped! 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Katijay (Katijay46)

Dec-14

Having a hard time with this one both of my games are suffering terribly with the "please wait" freeze in the Christmas Room may have to go to regular HOS to finish this one...

KatieAn56

Dec-14

I did the same thing as you Oodie. Although I did use a few Wands and Crystal Balls, I mainly used the one hint. I found if I used it in the Fireplace room 1st by the time I got to the next friend's room it was ready for the Fireplace room again.  I am a little slow sometimes :) I, too have noticed the Christmas wands are not dropping as much.  Hopefully, this will change soon!!!  Happy WE all!! 

laurelind

Dec-14

I have to agree Oodie.  I did about 52 HOS last night and got 3 wands.  Usually they drop more frequently as long as you are not almost out of them - but I started with 200 from last year! 

TinyFaerie
Staff

Dec-14

I also started with 200. I used 100 to get all the ghosts. So between decorations and the rare HOS find I should be okay and have wands left over to help others by gifting them.

AEGram

Dec-15

Sadly, this is a little late for the Hints Day, but for future reference....it just says to use 70 hints searching HOSs......It doesn't say those HOSs have to be completed.

I have tons of the Lightning Flash and Crystal Ball..........so, I started in the Tavern.....opened an HOS.....if it went to one of the modes, I clicked on the Lightning Flash....then the Crystal Ball......then moved on to the next HOS. (There was no need to activate Night Mode.)

I finished 70 hints with the opening of only a few HOSs......and it would have gone faster if I'd remembered to click on the Hint button in the lower right of the screen in the open HOS!!!