Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 32386 views.
In reply toRe: msg 125
Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

This recipe is Gluten Free. I made it for a get together where my future sister-In-law was going to be there and I wanted her to have at least 1 dish she could safely eat. It was a hit with the GF and non-GF crowd. (I got it off Pintrest)

Slow Cooker Thai Mango Chicken

Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 2 hrs Total Time 2 hrs 10 mins

All the tastes of Thai food in one easy-to-make crockpot dish. This Slow Cooker Thai Mango Chicken recipe makes an easy weeknight meal.

Course: Entrée/Main Dish Cuisine: Thai Servings: 4 Calories per serving: 328 kcal

Author: Flavour & Savour

Ingredients Mango Sauce

• 3 mangoes peeled and cubed (Use 2 mangoes in the sauce peeled and cubed (Use 2 mangoes in the sauce and reserve 1 for garnish.) OR 3 cups frozen mango chunks (2 for the sauce, 1 for garnish)
  • 1 tsp red chili pepper, de-seeded and diced, OR half a dried crushed chili
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar OR apple cider vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • zest of 1 lime
  • 2 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp ginger grated
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • 3-4 tbsp coconut milk (optional)

Chicken

• 8 chicken thighs boneless and skinless OR 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise into 3-4 pieces each
  • 1 red bell pepper finely diced
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro

Instructions

1. Place all Mango Sauce ingredients in a food processor. Process until almost smooth, leaving a few chunks.
  2. Place chicken pieces in the slow cooker, pour the Mango sauce on top and cook on High for 2 hours. (Time will depend on your slow cooker.) (10 minutes in an Instant Pot)
  3. Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, diced red pepper and mango chunks and serve with Thai Coconut Rice.

Thai Coconut Rice

Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 20 mins Total Time 25 mins

An easy make-ahead rice dish that won't let you down. Cooked in coconut milk, it has a very subtle coconut flavor that goes well with Asian or Thai dishes.

Course: Sides  Cuisine: American, Canadian, Thai  Servings: 8 Calories per serving: 201 kcal

Author: Flavour & Savour

Ingredients

• 2 cups Thai jasmine-scented white rice
  • 2 cups good-quality canned coconut milk* see note below
  • 1 3/4 cups water
  • 2 heaped tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp coconut oil or vegetable oil,
  • Optional: 1-2 tbsp toasted coconut for garnish

Instructions

1. Lightly oil the bottom of a deep-sided pot that has a tight-fitting lid.
  2. Place rice, coconut milk, water, shredded coconut, and salt in the pot and set over medium-high to high heat. Stir occasionally to keep rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
  3. Once the coconut-water has begun to gently bubble, stop stirring and reduce heat to simmer. Cover tightly with a lid and let simmer 15-20 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
  4. Turn off the heat, but leave the covered pot on the burner to steam another 5-10 minutes, or until you’re ready to eat.
  5. When ready to serve, remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Season with salt if needed. Top with a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
  6. To toast coconut: Place 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut in a frying pan over medium-high heat and stir until light golden brown.

Recipe Notes

Coconut milk often comes in 14 oz cans. This recipe calls for 2 cups, which is 16 oz. Just add a little water to the coconut milk to make it 2 cups.

This recipe looks delicious! 

I will try to make a variation of it in my Instant Pot.

I especially love that it has fish sauce in it as I find that it always gives such a dimension of flavor.

Thank you for taking the time to post it. :)

chilpep

5/31/18

Yum.  Gonna have to try this.  Have a bunch of frozen tomatillos from last season.  Here is a great drink that would go with this.  Got it from a restaurant in Costa Rica.

Mango Jalapeno Margarita:

Into a blender add:

1/2 oz Homemade jalapeno infused tequila (this just means putting cut jalapenos into tequila and letting it sit for 2 weeks)

1    oz regular tequila

2    oz fresh mango pulp (we also add Mango necter) .  You can also add very ripe mangos instead of the pulp.

1/2 oz lemon juice

add ice and blend until smooth.

garnish with a slice of lime

Enjoy!!

• Edited May 31, 2018 9:57 am  by  chilpep
Staff

I'm a bit unsure how to use tomatillo's. I've had green salsa and like it but most recipes I've seen for them are a bit over my spice level. And they aren't cheap up here in the great white north either.

Other than Salsa Verde and Green Chili... really... what do you do with them?

chilpep

5/31/18

They work well in pork and chicken dishes.  I've used them in place of tomatoes in soups and stews.

They have no heat, what they are part of might have "hot" peppers that give you the burn.

chilpep

5/31/18

Yum and double yum.  Another good meal here.

Staff

They are a bit sour, right?

chilpep

5/31/18

They can be slightly tart, but you get use to it quickly. Most of the time the other ingredients that are with them make that unnoticeable.  Or they do for me.

Staff

Hmmm, I'm going to have to play with them - thanx :)