Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 32712 views.
Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

Hmmm, I'm going to have to play with them - thanx :)

chilpep

5/31/18

Danada.  Too bad they cost so much where you live.

CindyKat, if you can ever get your hands on the fresh tomatillos, cilantro, & serrano, please try my Pollo Verde recipe.

I got to be friends with a cook at a wonderful Mexican restaurant that had the best Verde I'd ever had, & after a few months of flattery, he shared the recipe with me.  It's simple, easy to make, & the perfect balance of flavors.  

Plus you are in total control of the heat! When you cut the serrano open, sniff it.  If it smells like green grass, it will be mild. If it bites your nose & makes your eyes water, you should remove every bit of the seeds & the ribs that hold them - THAT'S where all the heat is! (You can save them & mince them up for people who want extra heat.)

One other thing to remember about tomatillos - they should be firm & yellowish-green & the papery husk should be dry. Bright green are not fully ripe & will be more sour.  Wash them well after taking of the husks to remove the natural saponins.  

Staff

Thanx Druid!

I do usually pull ribs and seeds but I had no idea about the smell of the pepper - that is a REALLY neat tip!!!

Staff

Okay , who's showing up for dinner? (Found on Pintrest)

Making Cilantro/Lime rice to go with... and if I'm really ambitious I'll even throw together a salad - LOL

Peruvian Grilled Chicken with Creamy Green Sauce

Course: Main Dish   Cuisine: Peruvian   Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 35 minutes   Total Time: 50 minutes

Servings: 4 -6 servings   Author: Platings & Pairings

This Peruvian Grilled Chicken with Creamy Green Sauce is packed with flavor and the perfect way to add some international flair to your next barbecue.

Ingredients

Chicken:

• 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp lime juice
  • 5 cloves garlic peeled
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 whole chicken quartered, about 3 1/2 pounds
  • Black pepper

Green Sauce:

• 3 jalapeños seeded, ribs removed and roughly chopped
  • 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic peeled
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1 Tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Instructions

Chicken:

1. Puree soy sauce, lime juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, a pinch of black pepper, and oil in a blender.
  2. Put chicken in a large ziploc bag and add marinade. Place in refrigerator and allow to marinate for 8 to 24 hours.

Green Sauce:

1. Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

Grill chicken:

1. Charcoal: Distribute lit coals along opposite sides of bottom rack, leaving an empty space, about the size of the quartered chicken, in the middle. Allow it to heat to high by fully opening the vents on the bottom and lid of grill. The grill will be ready when you can hold your hand 5-inches above the grill rack for about 3-4 seconds.
  2. Gas: Preheat all burners on high, then reduce to medium-high heat.
  3. Oil the grate of the grill and grill chicken over area with no coals (or over a turned-off burner), skin side down first, covered, turning over once, until fully cooked, 30-35 minutes (adding charcoal to maintain heat).

Note:

1. If you prefer to cook indoors, the chicken can be roasted in the oven. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and place the chicken pieces in a 13x9 inch roasting pan, along with 1 cup water. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes, then tent the pan with foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes, until browned and fully cooked.

Staff

Got a plate and a beer for you

chilpep

6/11/18

I am SOOOOO there! smile_cat  What can I bring?

• Edited June 11, 2018 7:43 pm  by  chilpep
Staff

well i was too lazy to make the salad LOL

chilpep

6/11/18

Be right there with it!  (In spirit, that is).