Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 25088 views.

Love a Chip Buttie, used to have them for lunch when I worked near a great take away shop.  Just a little salt, no vinegar (can't stand the smell) or sauce of any kind

Bacon Butties are good also, even add a friend egg. (Friend hard, not runny)

No fish fingers for me though.

When my son would order lunch at school on a Friday, they liked a roll on a roll.  I had to ask, it is a sausage roll put inside a bread roll.

embers123

5/11/18

OOH chip butties, have'nt had one for years, used to like crisp sandwiches as well sounds bad but tasted good, have lost major amount of weight over last couple of years and changed to sugar free and low fat everything, now got worryingly high cholesteral and been put on more pills, go figure!! On the plus side apparently dark chocolate is good for cholesteral, don't know if its true but sounds good, so much for getting healthy!! confused

Katijay (Katijay46)

5/11/18

This must be a totally European Thing as I have never heard of a Chip Butties....what are the chips made of?....I use to put potato chips on a tuna sandwich for the crunch, but am trying not to eat bread....

PTG (anotherPTG)

5/11/18

Chip buttie:

Chips (English style, and NOT French fries or other abominations that "M" supply):

Maris Piper potatoes peeled and then cut into 9/16inch strips length ways.

Very hot fat (preferably beef dripping but lard will do, rather than the oils being sold here commercially)

Immerse until the outside of chip is crisp when pinched. (careful not to burn yourself)

Remove from  fat and drain.

Have your two white buttered sliced bread handy and place chips in the middle. Salt is optional as are sauces.

EAT! (I wont tell you how bad these are for your health! Or how delicious!)

Good God! Potatoes deep fried in animal fat, sandwiched between nutritionaly devoid slices of over-processed white bread slathered with more animal fat?

I'm just speechless.  

Katijay (Katijay46)

5/11/18

Druid.....that's funny........I am not a big bread eater, but it would be interesting to have both the potatoes and the bacon!.....kissing_heart

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

5/12/18

This recipe is WONDERFUL for Mother's Day (or any day, really)

Baked Apple Roses

INGREDIENTS (makes 4): 1 Apple 1 Puff Pastry sheet 2 tbsp Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp Rosewater Apricot Jam 1 Egg (for egg wash)

I've made them many times ~ and substituted raspberry jam for the apricot jam.  Or maple syrup. Oh, and if you don't have rosewater, you can just add a few drops of real vanilla extract to 1/2 tsp water.

XXOO ~ Dhyani boom

In reply toRe: msg 1

Would anyone be interested in HEALTHY recipes? Because I have some.  

I would!  I'm making a lentil stew in my Instant Pot right now!

Oooo, yum! Do you use onions, carrots, celery, & thyme? That's how I make mine, sometimes potatoes, too. And I use homemade chicken stock.