Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 24900 views.

The curry sounds great - I'll have to try that if I can ever find red lentils here. 

What's an Instant Pot?

I will try that this weekend for sure!  Sounds yummy and bone broth is so good for your hair, nails and skin!

Thank you!

jakeybuddy

5/12/18

Sounds like it might be a Crock Pot 

PTG (anotherPTG)

5/12/18

The modern equivalent of the Oxo cube! In the UK  Knorr is ubiquitous.

Seem to be talking at cross purposes here if some of you think that it is dish!

An Instant Pot is essentially a pressure cooker, but does so much more.  Cooks eggs, oatmeal, soups, stews, meat, veg etc 70% faster than traditional cooking methods.  It is also a slow cooker.  Pressure cooking also keeps all of the nutrients in your food more so then steaming.  Amazing tasting food instantly!

If you're interested, look it up on Amazon, Walmart or Costco!

I sound like a walking advertisement :) 

In reply toRe: msg 38

Here's my Vegetarian Pasta Sauce:

1 large eggplant

1 large onion

1 medium butternut squash 

6 tomatoes (or 1 large can)

Several cloves garlic 

2-3 tbsp oregano 

1 tsp rosemary 

1 tsp marjoram 

1/2 tsp thyme 

1/2 tsp savory

black pepper to taste

Any red wine you enjoy 

1 large zucchini 

Dice the eggplant - do NOT peel or salt it!

Heat 1-2 tsps olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot. When shimmering, add eggplant. Let it cook undisturbed until brown, flip the pieces over & let brown again.

Dice the onion & add to the eggplant.

Peel & seed the butternut. Keep the seeds - they're yummy roasted! Dice the butternut. Add it to the eggplant & stir everything well. Don't worry if the eggplant sticks to the pan. 

Chop the tomatoes - you should have about 4 cups - mince the garlic & add to the pot with with the tomatoes, herbs & pepper. 

Add 1-2 cups wine, stir well, scraping up the brown bits, cover & let simmer.  Put the water on to boil for the pasta.   

Stir & scrape up the bottom occasionally. Add more wine if it starts spitting. Dice the zucchini. 

When the water boils, add the pasta of your choice & add the zucchini to the sauce. Cover & simmer while the pasta cooks.  It will all be ready at the same time. 

This makes about 5 quarts of sauce. I put up 4 quarts in canning jars while still hot - they keep very well in the fridge.  

I make the initial recipe vegetarian so you can add whatever meat you like (or not) when you use the rest. Just brown ground beef, or chicken, or sausage & add the jar of sauce.  Makes great chicken cacciatore!

Enjoy! 

In reply toRe: msg 43

The 2 most important things about the sauce recipe are the heavy-bottomed pan & the browning of the eggplant.  Neither can be omitted.  It's also important to add enough tomatoes & wine to achieve a "sauce" consistency.

However, the remaining veggies are flexible. Cauliflower is excellent in this.  So are garbanzo beans.  Celery is good. You can even add carrots, but those I recommend shredding so they'll break down into the sauce. 

WOW - That's a lot of veg and so it's a must try for me!  deciduous_tree

In reply toRe: msg 44

Super Easy Pizza Sauce

1 cup tomato sauce 

2 tbsp olive oil

1 tsp oregano 

1 tsp basil

1 tsp garlic powder 

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp salt 

1/2 tsp pepper 

Put everything in a 12oz or larger jar, put on the lid & shake, shake, shake til thoroughly mixed.  

Best if aged for a few days (or weeks - keeps a long time in the fridge), but if you have to use it the same day, add a little more oregano.  

Carlie (CarlieQuilts)

5/12/18

Do you use fresh or dried oregano?  Just getting you growing season here, finally.  Going to try and be a little more proactive on my herbs. 

Carlie