Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 26518 views.
In reply toRe: msg 44

Super Easy Pizza Sauce

1 cup tomato sauce 

2 tbsp olive oil

1 tsp oregano 

1 tsp basil

1 tsp garlic powder 

1 tsp onion powder

1/2 tsp salt 

1/2 tsp pepper 

Put everything in a 12oz or larger jar, put on the lid & shake, shake, shake til thoroughly mixed.  

Best if aged for a few days (or weeks - keeps a long time in the fridge), but if you have to use it the same day, add a little more oregano.  

Carlie (CarlieQuilts)

5/12/18

Do you use fresh or dried oregano?  Just getting you growing season here, finally.  Going to try and be a little more proactive on my herbs. 

Carlie

In reply toRe: msg 46

Beer Crust Pizza 

4 cups flour (can use whole wheat)

2 tbsp sugar

1 tsp salt

12 oz beer (warm works best)

1/4 cup olive oil 

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, add beer & oil & stir. When it comes together into a heavy dough, turn out onto a heavily floured board (white flour for this part) & knead well, adding flour to the board when it sticks, until dough is smooth & bounces back when you poke it.  Turn the bowl upside down & place over dough, let it rise 1 hour.  

Knead briefly on lightly floured board & divide in half.  Roll out into a ~15" circle.  Top with ~1/3 cup pizza sauce, thin sliced veggies, a dusting of grated Asiago, & ~ 1 cup grated Mozzarella.  Bake at 450F for ~ 20 minutes or until crust & cheese are both browned.   

In these recipes, the measurements are for dried.  Definitely use dried in the pizza sauce, but fresh is great in the pasta sauce if you've got 'em. Just use 3x as much & add late in the cooking.  Fresh sage is awesome in the chicken stock.  

LvlSlgr

5/12/18

I've been making my own homemade pizzas for 30+ years. That's what my grandkids always want whenever they visit. They say grandma's pizza is the best they've ever had and want to take any leftovers home.

Hmmm ... sounds like a good idea. I think I'll go make one now.

Carlie (CarlieQuilts)

5/12/18

I have not used sage in my chicken stock.  What I do is add the leftovers for chicken, bones, skin (usually they have a little meat yet) water and then peppercorns, onions, carrots and celery and Italian Parsley.  Use it for my homemade soups.  

I usually wait til I'm making the soup out of the stock to add those ingredients - it keeps the stock simpler & very versatile. But it's really good that way, too. :-)

In reply toRe: msg 53

Authentic Pollo Verde

2 lbs tomatillos 

1 bunch fresh cilantro

1 medium white onion 

1 serrano pepper

2 lbs chicken thighs

Take the papery skins off the tomatillos & wash very well.  

Wash the cilantro well. 

Peel & quarter the onion. 

Wash & stem the pepper, cut in half & remove seeds & ribs unless you like firey hot. 

Put the cilantro, onion, pepper, & tomatillos in the Cuisinart (this is the only non-authentic detail - if you REALLY want authentic, use a molcajete!) & process until very smooth - no chunks left.  

Cut the chicken into 1" pieces. Heat a tiny bit of oil in a 3 quart saucepan & briefly sear chicken.  

Add the contents of the Cuisinart, cover & simmer til the sauce changes from bright green to a light olive green & the chicken is cooked through. 

Serve with brown rice, refried beans, warm corn tortillas, & cold beer or frozen Margaritas.  

Ole!

Do NOT substitute anything for the fresh cilantro, serrano, & tomatillos - they are vital to the flavor.  A brown onion will do in a pinch, as will chicken breasts - just don't cook it as long with breasts. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/13/18

OMG I made this!!!

Image result for seafood bird's nest

Okay... maybe not THIS... But I did make this!

Doesn't look as good, but tasted AMAZING!!

Now I just have to remember what I did and write it all down!