Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 32456 views.
Carlie (CarlieQuilts)

5/12/18

I have not used sage in my chicken stock.  What I do is add the leftovers for chicken, bones, skin (usually they have a little meat yet) water and then peppercorns, onions, carrots and celery and Italian Parsley.  Use it for my homemade soups.  

I usually wait til I'm making the soup out of the stock to add those ingredients - it keeps the stock simpler & very versatile. But it's really good that way, too. :-)

In reply toRe: msg 53

Authentic Pollo Verde

2 lbs tomatillos 

1 bunch fresh cilantro

1 medium white onion 

1 serrano pepper

2 lbs chicken thighs

Take the papery skins off the tomatillos & wash very well.  

Wash the cilantro well. 

Peel & quarter the onion. 

Wash & stem the pepper, cut in half & remove seeds & ribs unless you like firey hot. 

Put the cilantro, onion, pepper, & tomatillos in the Cuisinart (this is the only non-authentic detail - if you REALLY want authentic, use a molcajete!) & process until very smooth - no chunks left.  

Cut the chicken into 1" pieces. Heat a tiny bit of oil in a 3 quart saucepan & briefly sear chicken.  

Add the contents of the Cuisinart, cover & simmer til the sauce changes from bright green to a light olive green & the chicken is cooked through. 

Serve with brown rice, refried beans, warm corn tortillas, & cold beer or frozen Margaritas.  

Ole!

Do NOT substitute anything for the fresh cilantro, serrano, & tomatillos - they are vital to the flavor.  A brown onion will do in a pinch, as will chicken breasts - just don't cook it as long with breasts. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

5/13/18

OMG I made this!!!

Image result for seafood bird's nest

Okay... maybe not THIS... But I did make this!

Doesn't look as good, but tasted AMAZING!!

Now I just have to remember what I did and write it all down!

In reply toRe: msg 55
Katijay (Katijay46)

5/13/18

Not sure to really post this....but I make bone broth all the time in my instapot......which is magically a electric pressure cooker....which are must safer than the other kind.....I like to use turkey necks, pork necks, and any other bones you might have.....I use organic chicken broth instead of water for more flavor.....I then use this as my soup base..........

In reply toRe: msg 44

And for that special brunch -

Frittata

1 large potato 

1 medium onion (or several shallots)

2 carrots 

2 broccoli stalks 

4 eggs

1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup grated cheese 

Grate the potato, carrots, & broccoli stalks, keeping them separate. Chop the onion (or shallots).  

Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet. Spread the potatoes evenly on the bottom of the pan. Do not stir. When beginning to brown, layer the onions, then the carrots, then the broccoli stalks evenly over the potatoes. Beat the eggs with the milk (salt & pepper to taste) & pour evenly over the veggies. Let cook until eggs are beginning to set on top. You can cover the pan if this is taking a while.

Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the eggs & put under the broiler for a few minutes until the cheese is browning. Watch it carefully so it doesn't burn. 

Happy Mothers Day!

katiek2

5/13/18

Yumm, I bookmarked that one

katiek

osafranny

5/17/18

in fact dark chocolate does not help put on weight if eaten alone. problem comes up when you add things like butter cream etcwink 

In reply toRe: msg 57

Chili Colorado or Mexican Shredded Beef

3 - 4 lb beef roast (chuck, clod, cross-rib)

4 large dried chilis (NewMexico, Guajillo, Ancho, or Anaheim)

4 large tomatoes 

1 large brown or yellow onion 

Wash the chilis, remove the stems, & put in a medium, deep bowl. Cover with boiling water, & let hydrate (weigh them down if they insist on floating). 

Heat a Dutch oven or other deep, heavy pot & add oil just to coat bottom, heat til it shimmers.  Add the beef & let brown.  

Quarter the tomatoes & onion. 

When the chilis are soft, put them & their soaking liquid in the food processor or blender, add the tomatoes & onion, & process til smooth.  

Turn the beef & pour puréed chili mixture over all.  Cover & reduce heat to barely simmering, & let cook several hours or until meat is falling apart tender & veggies have broken down into the sauce.  Shred meat into the sauce.  

Wonderful for enchiladas or burritos.  Remove meat from sauce for the filling, & use the sauce over the top. Or plate it with rice, refried beans, & tortillas.  A bit messy for tacos & tostadas, but delicious! (If anyone wants recipes for any of those, just ask :-)  )

You control the heat by what kind of chilis you choose & whether you leave all the seeds in. 

You can also use stew beef (cubed) & it will cook a little faster, but I don't think the flavor develops as much.  Be sure to cook it long enough for the veggies to break down into a thick sauce.  

Enjoy!

Just made your chicken stock in my instant pot!

Dark, golden deliciousness heart