Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 501321 views.
Robert (amf368)

Nov-23

I still have your game id, did noy know I lost you. Have not been visiting social page, it crashes the game.  Will send invitation when safe, Robert had to be rebuilt by EG, Robert2 has so far survived. 

Vixyish

Nov-23

This is from the FB message that AnnetteH1 reposted upthread:

"Based on our observations and testing, it appears that the progress loss that we’ve seen as of late is occurring to players that have friends list that exceed 450 people. If you fall under this category, please try to limit playing the game actively to avoid this issue of progress loss. Our team has been working on finding a solution to this issue. "

But that's clearly not the case with many of you. I really didn't think it was. I don't know how to inform Elephant Games that they're wrong about this, but someone who has a Facebook account could comment on their post and hope they see it? Or something.

Ashyr

Nov-23

I gift if I can. I like your idea for tracking gift.

But I have a question for those that gift.  I have friends that I added after my account was restored and some of them I can't seem to flip to gift (i.e. click so that what is desired shows to gift).  They are showing as green. :(

Anyone know what to do about that?  Should I delete / remove and then re-add??
Please know the following, I can't seem to gift you even though you accepted my invites.
917464, 822345, 866296, 917223.

And I need friends please.  

LvlSlgr

Nov-23

Hello Ashyr,

If your friends on the Social page do not have an arrow so that you can flip and see the gifts, then they don't have anything on their Wish List. Many of us - myself included - have taken down our Wish List because we're being safe and not playing the game until we get the fix in the next update. 

Good luck!

Ashyr

Nov-23

Thank you LvlSlgr!!!   
Much appreciated.

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, I do gift.
My friend ID is:  918843.

Thank you again.

Ashyr

LvlSlgr

Nov-23

You're welcome, Ashyr. 

I noticed you're new to the forum. You'll find there's nearly always someone around here willing and able to help. This is a great group of people.

Mara1022

Nov-27

Vixyish,

I had just under 100 when my game crashed the first time, about 110 when it crashed the 2nd time. 

AllanaX7

Nov-27

Hi everybody

Let me set fire to this discussion about the 450 friends.

In another post of mine, I was talking about 2016 and the first disaster in the Midnight Castle update that I can remember. Yesterday, deepest down in my computer backup, I've found this. It's the message the mailman sent to us to apologize for the inconvenient and instructions of what to do. 

Here is what he said: 

"If your profile reset back to Level 1 on October 17 we apologize. What caused this to happen is that the Player ID did not match the Computer ID for your system. One thing that can cause this is moving the App Data for the game to another location. If you want to restore your game for any reason, the only thing you need is your original and new Friend ID and our Customer Support team should be able to restore your profile for you" 

Another game collapse at the exact same time - the Fall Event -  and a different point of view from Big Fish on what caused it. 

In my opinion, the answer they gave us is like the newest one -  too weird to be true. "(...) move the App Data folder to another location?" Has anyone done this? I don't think so. We were taken by surprise, just like what happened a month ago.

Yup, it has nothing to do with the number of friends.

It was something else developers touched when they did the early October update  &/or the {ugh frames) Castle Challenge.